GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haiti

+5
JimWexford
Boxtyeater
bocerty
RMDrive
Jayo Cluxton
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Haiti Empty Haiti

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:14 pm

Looks like a really bad situation in Haiti. Just recovering from 4 hurricanes, now one of the world's poorest countries is hit with a really strong earthquake with thousands dead and missing.

Kind of puts our 'problems' - floods, snow, salt, gritting, ice, NAMA, etc etc in perspective.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Haiti Empty Re: Haiti

Post  RMDrive Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:44 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Looks like a really bad situation in Haiti. Just recovering from 4 hurricanes, now one of the world's poorest countries is hit with a really strong earthquake with thousands dead and missing.

Kind of puts our 'problems' - floods, snow, salt, gritting, ice, NAMA, etc etc in perspective.

Yeah the devastation is unreal and it will probably knock their economy back years.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:17 pm

Former All-Ireland Offaly hurler Darren Hanniffy will lead Goal's operation in Haiti and has already travelled to the country. Darren is a civil engineer. Goal have set aside €250,000 for the relief project.

Utmost respect to Darren and all others who participate in this type of effort. When you think of the selflessness of these actions in comparison to sportstars in neighbouring countries, well ......
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:14 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Looks like a really bad situation in Haiti. Just recovering from 4 hurricanes, now one of the world's poorest countries is hit with a really strong earthquake with thousands dead and missing.

just heard a clergyman on the radio claim that the people of Haiti deserve all they got because they worship the devil !!!!!!

I do despair at times No No No No
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:25 pm

bocerty wrote:

just heard a clergyman on the radio claim that the people of Haiti deserve all they got because they worship the devil !!!!!!

Are ya sure Boc? I can't imagine anyone who would say a thing like that. If he did, he's going to be seriously pulled up on that by the media.

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:32 pm

EstherMayo1951 wrote:
bocerty wrote:

Are ya sure Boc? I can't imagine anyone who would say a thing like that. If he did, he's going to be seriously pulled up on that by the media.

100% sure - why would the media pull him up sure thats the sort of shite they love because they know if will get your attention - i didnt catch his name but i dont think he is a GAA man anyway if you catch my drift

Last edited by bocerty on Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:59 pm

bocerty wrote:
EstherMayo1951 wrote:
bocerty wrote:

100% sure - why would the media pull him up sure thats the sort of shite they love because they know if will get your attention - i didnt catch his name but i dont think he is a GAA man anyway if you catch my drift

Ah right. Well he has some serious issues so-how anybody could say that is beyond me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:04 pm

Heard a piece on Radio 1 (possibly Whineline) Interview with an Haitian resident in Dublin.. Haiti Icon_pale
Anyway, the eloquent lady said that while Haiti was a Catholic country, they were also into the old voodoo lark. Haiti Icon_eek Haiti Affraid

Somewhat difficult to reconcile the two isn't it ?
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:15 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:Heard a piece on Radio 1 (possibly Whineline) Interview with an Haitian resident in Dublin.. Haiti Icon_pale
Anyway, the eloquent lady said that while Haiti was a Catholic country, they were also into the old voodoo lark. Haiti Icon_eek Haiti Affraid

Somewhat difficult to reconcile the two isn't it ?
Look at the Dail and the church in this county and you can reconcile anything
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:46 pm

JimWexford wrote:Look at the Dail and the church in this county and you can reconcile anything

Haiti Lol

Well, and a bit off topic, can we have an amicable reconciliation between Developer's debts, Bankers, NAMA and us fools at the bottom of the pile i.e. the Taxpayer. Not bloody likely.... Haiti Icon_mad
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:20 pm

Was it Iris saying that stuff???

I noted on another website earlier some clown asking how we found €2 million for Haiti with the roads and water in such a state. Wouldn't ye love to send a few thousand volts down the line at the guy posting that kind of s***e!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:23 pm

bocerty wrote:
EstherMayo1951 wrote:
bocerty wrote:

Is this for real? How the fcuk could someone come out with that?
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:24 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Was it Iris saying that stuff???

I noted on another website earlier some clown asking how we found €2 million for Haiti with the roads and water in such a state. Wouldn't ye love to send a few thousand volts down the line at the guy posting that kind of s***e!

a few hundred thousand volts you mean
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:26 pm

bocerty wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:Was it Iris saying that stuff???

a few hundred thousand volts you mean

Yeah - whatever a fatal dose would be. I'd always back Boc to rustle up a spare few hundred thousand volts somewhere. No .... sorry - that was votes... Haiti Icon_surprised
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  KerryKatriona Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:43 am

I hope ye have all dug deep to help these poor people. It is an awful tragedy and it seems like the relief teams just don't know where to begin.
KerryKatriona
KerryKatriona
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Kerry
Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post  trileacman Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:53 am

RMDrive wrote:
bocerty wrote:
EstherMayo1951 wrote:
bocerty wrote:

He was an American pastor I think not a priest. Pat Robertson a televangelist actually, here's his statement.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Obviously a deluded t**. Eejits like this would drive ye mad.
trileacman
trileacman
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Tyrone (The frontier part)
Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:55 am

trileacman wrote:
RMDrive wrote:
bocerty wrote:
EstherMayo1951 wrote:
bocerty wrote:

I do despair at times Haiti Kopfschuettel Haiti Kopfschuettel Haiti Kopfschuettel Haiti Kopfschuettel

He was an American pastor I think not a priest. Pat Robertson a televangelist actually, here's his statement.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Obviously a deluded t**. Eejits like this would drive ye mad.

I worked for a while in North Carolina and the fanaticism is really something to behold. Thank God we don't have anything like that on our wee Island Haiti Icon_rolleyes
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:39 pm

the guy I was referring to actually was from Derry a place called Newbuildings - and if you know that place at all you'll know what sort of a clem he would be.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:25 am

i know that this place is in the crapper , but to think what them poor haitis are going through is just heart breaking ,and to hear people say they had a pact with the devil is sickening

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:42 am

Pat Robertson is a very well known and well connected looper. A friend to the Bush family with immense political clout.

He was the one speaking on live TV who advocated shooting the President of Venezuela, Hugo Chavez, because he was SELLING OIL TOO CHEAP.

Seriously, and they allow people like that to roam the streets unmolested in the states.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  KerryKatriona Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:31 pm

I am organising an Ann Summers right. Hoping to raise quite a bit.
KerryKatriona
KerryKatriona
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Kerry
Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:30 pm

A container carrying 250,000 Dublin jersies has been turned back from the docks in Port au Prince..
Government spokesperson said "We may have no money, food or houses but we still have our dignity".....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:16 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:A container carrying 250,000 Dublin jersies has been turned back from the docks in Port au Prince..
Government spokesperson said "We may have no money, food or houses but we still have our dignity".....

Haiti Icon_evil Haiti Icon_evil Haiti Icon_evil
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:45 pm

Goal have been on the ground in Haiti from the beginning and are doing trojan work with representatives from every county - except Leitrim. When asked why this is the case a spokesman said 'Its a well known fact that over the years Leitrim just do not know the way to Goal ...................' Haiti Icon_lol Haiti Icon_twisted
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:50 pm

lived with a few boys from Leitrim when in college a few moons ago and best one I will always rem was the turkey dustin on the den introducing a song, This is for all the people from Leitrim, "things can only get better"
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next