GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

true worth of the queens game

3 posters

Go down

true worth of the queens game Empty true worth of the queens game

Post  JimWexford Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:53 pm

Banville sidelined with broken leg

true worth of the queens game 0000e048189r Banville's absence will lessen Wexford's options up front as they bid to rise up the football ladder in 2010

Tuesday, 17 November 2009 11:21

Wexford football manager Jason Ryan has received a huge early season blow as attacker PJ Banville is likely to miss the upcoming Allianz League campaign.
Banville, who had been in sparkling form in assisting his club, Horeswood, to the county senior football title, received a broken leg when playing for St Leonard's soccer club(wouldn't mind if he broke his leg with these boys are the local parish yobs but he feckin broke it with campile utd the yobs in his own parish), in the local Wexford league.
A club spokesman stressed that the injury was a 'clean break' but will still keep the inter-county forward on the sidelines for several months.

As Wexford strive to put a dismal 2009 behind them, Ryan will see Banville's unavailbility as a cruel blow to his prospects of gaining promotion back to Division 2.
It's even of more concern to the Wexford manager, who is starting out on a third year at the helm, for there are still serious doubts regarding the ability of Matty Forde to play a full part in next season's campaign.
Forde missed out on much of the 2009 season with a back problem, which also limited his appearances for his club, Kilanerin. His injury is still troublesome with Forde's future still very much in the balance
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

true worth of the queens game Empty Re: true worth of the queens game

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:25 pm

Bad luck Jim, particularly in the circumstances. Happened us last year with Mulligan's cruciate halfway through the league and hence our summer was lost.
Weaker counties find it harder to overcome these blows but given your footballing resurgence over the past few years ye will get over it better than we did.

Speedy recovery to the lad....let bad luck go with it.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:34 pm

I'm guessing Mick Wallace wouldn't be on your Christmas card list Jim.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:39 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:I'm guessing Mick Wallace wouldn't be on your Christmas card list Jim.

He'll still be on Eugene Sheehy's (AIB) list though Clash for 2009.
We will all be sending him cards though in 2010 when the NAMA gig kicks in and we're all hoping Mick and his ilk survive.. true worth of the queens game Icon_wink
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:58 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:I'm guessing Mick Wallace wouldn't be on your Christmas card list Jim.
I know hairy fairly well but our sporting passions would be very different. I admire what hes done in ferrycarrig park and have gone to a game to support but that would be the extent of my intrest really.
Banville was the key man in horeswoods county title win in wexford this year and whilst he was poor in county colours I was expecting a good year from him this year with matties expected retirement (not confirmed and hopefully delayed for a year or two but it aint looking likely).
Expect at least 4 retirments from the wexford team this year and trust me players you wouldn't pick.
know of two whom ryan called to personally and was rebuffed-Modern Eire
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down