GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First, Last & Best Music Album You've Bought

+7
mossbags
bocerty
black&white
SamiPremier08
6inarow
Boxtyeater
bald eagle
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

First, Last & Best Music Album You've Bought Empty First, Last & Best Music Album You've Bought

Post  bald eagle Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:08 pm

I have noticed that the posters on here have a big interest in music, so to gain an insight into your music tastes tell us -

First album you've bought - (Self explanatory)

Last album you've bought - (Self explanatory)

Best album in you've bought - (Self explanatory)

Last album you listened to - (Self explanatory)

Favourite song in your music collection - (Self explanatory)

Guilty Pleasure - (Artist you know you'll get the p1ss taken out of you for liking)

I have a pretty vast collection of music and it can get pretty weird so i'll go first, Artist/Band first.

First album you've bought - Alice Cooper, Trash

Last album you've bought - The Gaslight Anthem, The 59 Sound

Best album in you've bought - Counting Crows, August & Everything After

Last album listened to - Eskimo Joe, Inshalla

Favourite song in your music collection - Counting Crows, Anna Begins

Guilty Pleasure - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds/ Electric 6

Try and be as honest as you can!!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

First, Last & Best Music Album You've Bought Empty Re: First, Last & Best Music Album You've Bought

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:42 pm

[quote="bald eagle"]I have noticed that the posters on here have a big interest in music, so to gain an insight into your music tastes tell us -

I have a pretty small collection of music and no interest in that "modern" (post 80's stuff). But a reply out of courtesy:

First album you've bought - Johnny Cash Greatest Hits 1969 ish.

Last album you've bought - A Boxed set collection of Springsteen's best 1975/85.

Best album in you've bought - Paul Simon's "Graceland" LP.

Last album listened to - So long ago I've forgotten........ First, Last & Best Music Album You've Bought Icon_sad

Favourite song in your music collection - "Penny Arcade" by Roy Orbison.

Guilty Pleasure - Anything by Séan Keane...a fine singer.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

First, Last & Best Music Album You've Bought Empty Re: First, Last & Best Music Album You've Bought

Post  bald eagle Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:44 pm

Still some fine music there Boxty, Graceland is a fantastic album i must say!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:20 pm

bald eagle wrote:Still some fine music there Boxty, Graceland is a fantastic album i must say!

Indeed it is BE, Homeless, Boy in the bubble,Call me Al...all belters but the intro to Graceland itself is solid gold... First, Last & Best Music Album You've Bought Icon_biggrin First, Last & Best Music Album You've Bought Icon_biggrin

Now where is the bloody thing?
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  6inarow Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:31 pm

First album you've bought - Meat Loaf, Bad Attitude (well I asked my Dad to buy it for me, I wasn't even getting pocket money then!). First album I walked into a shop and bought myself was Guns n' Roses' Appetite For Destruction.

Last album you've bought - Seasick Steve, Man From Another Time

Best album you've bought - Way too hard to say, a few I never get bored of listening to are Songs for the Deaf by Queen's Of The Stoneage, AC/DC's Live at Donnington and Creedence Clearwater Revival's Greatest Hits Volume 1.

Last album listened to - Muse, The Resistance, I went to see them Tuesday just gone, great live.

Favourite song in your music collection - Rolling Stones, Gimme Shelter.

Guilty Pleasure - Funnily enough mine is also Electric 6, none of my mates will give them a listen no matter how much I try to convince them to. I'm going to watch them in a couple of weeks . . . on my own! I'm also partial to a bit of Beyonce, great voice, good pop songs and the video's are a great night in First, Last & Best Music Album You've Bought Icon_wink

6inarow
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Galway
Number of posts : 263

Back to top Go down

Post  6inarow Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:42 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
bald eagle wrote:Still some fine music there Boxty, Graceland is a fantastic album i must say!

Indeed it is BE, Homeless, Boy in the bubble,Call me Al...all belters but the intro to Graceland itself is solid gold... First, Last & Best Music Album You've Bought Icon_biggrin First, Last & Best Music Album You've Bought Icon_biggrin

Now where is the bloody thing?

My Dad used to play Graceland non stop in his car in the years after it first coming out, that and Dire Straits Brothers in Arms and Harry Nilsson's Greatest Hits.

I went to see Ladysmith Black Mambazo who sang with Paul Simon on Graceland a few years back, brilliant voices, no idea what they were singing about as half of the songs were in their native tongue but what a sound. I met a couple of them on the night too, nice blokes and they invited the whole audience to stay with them in South Africa for the World Cup, so you never know if we beat France . . . . . First, Last & Best Music Album You've Bought Icon_lol

6inarow
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:44 pm

6inarow wrote:Creedence Clearwater Revival's Greatest Hits Volume 1.

First, Last & Best Music Album You've Bought Icon_wink

Absolute fookin' belter of a call there 6..... First, Last & Best Music Album You've Bought 19213
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  6inarow Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:59 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
6inarow wrote:Creedence Clearwater Revival's Greatest Hits Volume 1.

First, Last & Best Music Album You've Bought Icon_wink

Absolute fookin' belter of a call there 6..... First, Last & Best Music Album You've Bought 19213

I was in HMV about a month ago and a couple of lads about 18 or 19 were looking at that album deciding whether or not the one should buy it (just looked it up in the collection and it's actually called Chronicle - 20 Greatest Hits). Anway, I couldn't help myself, I tapped the lad on the shoulder and told him I bought that album about 15 years ago and it was some of the best money I'd ever spent and he wouldn't regret buying it himself. We had a bit of chin wag about some of the songs they'd heard and some they hadn't and then they went and bought it! I've never done that before but they're one band everyone should at least give on good listen to, just great music.

6inarow
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:03 pm

Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:07 pm

I've finally managed to get it right.....Cheers Loyal for the help.

Enjoy this old classic...pity about the way the Fogertys fell out and never spoke to each other again.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:14 pm

First album you've bought - X+Y - Coldplay

Last album you've bought - The Sound of The Smiths

Best album in you've bought - Who's Next - The Who

Last album you listened to - Fleetwood Mac Greatest Hits

Favourite song in your music collection - Baba O'Riley - The Who

Guilty Pleasure - Busted

Love my music collection, often ridiculed for my very retro taste but as long as it's good I don't care when it was made, and it tends to be that the really good stuff is older - 60s 70s and the like. Lots of 60s and 70s for me: Beatles, Who, Kinks, Stones, Small Faces, Led Zep etc. I listen to loads of stuff to be honest. Love 90s Britpop also.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  6inarow Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:37 pm

Favourite song in your music collection - Baba O'Riley - The Who

Absolute classic Sami. I could name a hundred songs I love but above them there's a handful that I could put on infinite repeat and never get bored with, Baba O'Riley is most definitely in that category.

If you're into The Beatles get over to Liverpool. I went for the first time last month and went to the Beatles Museum at Albert Docks, great way to spend a couple of hours. I really ejoyed it and even though we all know it you really do get more of a feel for just how big and important they were. After that we jumped on a Beatles tour of Liverpool going to Penny Lane and Strawberry Fields and seeing where the Fab Four grew up etc. Finished it with a beer in the (rebuilt) Cavern. A bit of a touristy thing to do but a great day out for a music lover. And that recommendation from someone whose always considered himself more of a Stones man First, Last & Best Music Album You've Bought Icon_smile

Great clip Boxty First, Last & Best Music Album You've Bought Icon_lol

6inarow
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:33 am

First album you've bought - Oasis, (What's the Story) Morning Glory?

Last album you've bought - The Stone Roses Greatest Hits

Best album in you've bought - The Verve, Urban Hymns

Last album listened to - Kings of Leon, Aha Shake Heartbreak

Favourite song in your music collection - either Johnny Cash, Hurt ; Kings of Lean, The Bucket or The Who, The Seeker.

Guilty Pleasure - Josh Groban
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:16 am

black&white wrote:First album you've bought - Oasis, (What's the Story) Morning Glory?

Last album you've bought - The Stone Roses Greatest Hits

Best album in you've bought - The Verve, Urban Hymns

Last album listened to - Kings of Leon, Aha Shake Heartbreak

Favourite song in your music collection - either Johnny Cash, Hurt ; Kings of Lean, The Bucket or The Who, The Seeker.

Guilty Pleasure - Josh Groban

Quality stuff B&W - Oasis, Stone Roses great bands. Urban Hymns is a brilliant album and The Seeker is a fantastic song - love the riff at the start and then the drums come in "I've upturned the chairs, I've upturned the tables, I'm been trying to find the key to fifty million fables. They call me the seeker I've been searching low and high, I won't get to get what I'm after 'til the day I die." Very Happy

6inarow, am a big fan of The Beatles and have been to The Cavern but not round any of the other stuff you mentioned - might be worth a visit. Bought a really nice Beatles bag for school recently - it's by far the coolest bag in the place, but has a very dodgy strap on it which I've been forced to mend with superglue. They say they'll send me a new one but I don't want to be without my bag for a few days whilst it's in transit - that's how sad schools can be hahaha
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:55 pm

i wouldnt be big into my music like some posters - i do listen to plenty and have plenty of cd's etc i listen to anything really the only music i fooking detest are those pricks rapping does my tits in

i would be a big fan of Neil Diamond and also listen quite a bit to Kenny Rogers
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:13 am

First album you've bought -

First, Last & Best Music Album You've Bought 200px-Rum_sodomy_and_the_lash
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last album you've bought -

First, Last & Best Music Album You've Bought 200px-06orphansaz2

Best album in you've bought -

First, Last & Best Music Album You've Bought 200px-Ladies_And_Gentlemen_We_Are_Floating_In_Space-cd

Last album you listened to -

<table style="text-align: center;" width="240" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td id="prodImageCell" width="240" height="240">First, Last & Best Music Album You've Bought 413EN4XADXL._SL500_AA240_</td>
</tr>
<tr> <td class="tiny">
</td>
</tr>
</table>

Favourite song in your music collection -
<table style="text-align: center;" width="240" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td id="prodImageCell" width="240" height="240">First, Last & Best Music Album You've Bought 31DKQTRR81L._SL500_AA240_</td>
</tr>
<tr> <td class="tiny">
</td>
</tr>
</table>

Guilty Pleasure -

First, Last & Best Music Album You've Bought Default

mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:44 am

Dear divine Jesus......no mention there of his local heroes ...the Sawdoctors, or Frankie Gavin even....not good. First, Last & Best Music Album You've Bought Icon_redface
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:54 am

Boxtyeater wrote:Dear divine Jesus......no mention there of his local heroes ...the Sawdoctors, or Frankie Gavin even....not good. First, Last & Best Music Album You've Bought Icon_redface

Im told Tom Waits once had a pint in the old skeff. Thats good enough for me. First, Last & Best Music Album You've Bought Icon_elephant
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:46 am

Boxtyeater wrote:Dear divine Jesus......no mention there of his local heroes ...the Sawdoctors, or Frankie Gavin even....not good. First, Last & Best Music Album You've Bought Icon_redface

Saw Doctors greatest hits was bought in HMV last week, but bought Stone Roses off iTunes on Friday so that made the list instead!
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:33 pm

just looking at Mossbags Derry appreciation thread and it made me think of one of my favourite songs 'Teenage Kicks' by the Undertones............
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  6inarow Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:28 pm

'Rum, Sodomy & the Lash', great album. Probably off to see the Pogues again this year, Shane can't sing for s**t these days but the band can still play, always a good night out.

6inarow
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:38 pm

6inarow wrote:'Rum, Sodomy & the Lash', great album. Probably off to see the Pogues again this year, Shane can't sing for s**t these days but the band can still play, always a good night out.

love the Pogues. Fairytale of New York is one of my all-time favourites, my mate Chris and myself never stop singing it from about 20th Nov up to the Christmas break up. brilliant brilliant song.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:52 pm

Gonna see Electric 6 next month myself, third time for me! I think they're a very under-rated band with some brilliant tunes!!!

Keep the info coming folks, some fantastic albums being mentioned here! I forgot i had Rum, Sodomy and the Lash and just digged it out there for a listen while the Darts is on!!!

Another great band i love is Hootie and the Blowfish with Cracked Rear View & Fairweather Johnstone being among my most listened to!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:53 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:
6inarow wrote:'Rum, Sodomy & the Lash', great album. Probably off to see the Pogues again this year, Shane can't sing for s**t these days but the band can still play, always a good night out.

love the Pogues. Fairytale of New York is one of my all-time favourites, my mate Chris and myself never stop singing it from about 20th Nov up to the Christmas break up. brilliant brilliant song.

Very exact of you there Sami, how come you don't sing it from the 19th? What's so special about the 20th Nov? First, Last & Best Music Album You've Bought Icon_wink

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:55 pm

bald eagle wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:

Very exact of you there Sami, how come you don't sing it from the 19th? What's so special about the 20th Nov? First, Last & Best Music Album You've Bought Icon_wink

well BE 20th sounded like a nice round number to add fluency to the post, but I must confess it is a lie...we actually sang it in spanish* last week!!

*that's a spanish lesson guys. Razz
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next