GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Agm

+7
Boxtyeater
redhandman
North Side Gael
patrique
bocerty
black&white
JimWexford
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Agm - Page 2 Empty Re: The Agm

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:27 am

For what it's worth I'll throw in a suggestion that in a once/off scenario brings in €10k+ annually to our club..A racenight....

Go on, laugh at it, but in a poor parish of 400 people, 90% of households (approx 100 houses) throw in €50 to buy the full horse, i.e. Owner(20) trainer(10) breeder(10) jockey(10). Allied to that we manage to get the prize money - €100 per race sponsored, betting on the night and a host of other punters in for shares in nags. The last race, the Fenagh GAA sponsored Plate, is the moneyspinner with us...open to bidding on a 10 horse card and in my years of attending (the great years) you wouldn't buy a horse less than €300..= €3,000 on one race. The Agm - Page 2 Icon_lol . We made €14k in 2006 when it was run on the Easter Sat. night and the village was jambo....
A strong selling drive, a good venue and most importantly, a good witty local MC to drive it, should ensure a tidy return...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:32 am

Agreed Boxty - the beauty of a race night is that your money is made before the night. If its run properly the take on the night is merely a bonus.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:36 am

I'm with you on that one too Boxty. My local soccer club have one every year - the day after St. Stephen's day. Everyone is at home for it and all the parish attends. I've been involved in "working in the tote" for it, and the amount of money that goes through it is unbelievable.

The problem with it though is that you can't have more than 1 in any year. It'll only grow stale. Because the soccer club have it means the GAA club couldn't really expect people to pay out for it too.

You could have table quizes, wax-a-thons, head shaves, cake sales, car boot sales, calendar of the local team in the nip......etc etc. Again, these are all once-offs.

PS. Wet t-shirt competetions for all them lovely Tyrone girls!? The Agm - Page 2 652864
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry
Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:12 pm

Just had the county AGM there, plenty of new faces but the same trouble making heads are in again and will cause nothing but rows again!!!

Clubs coming up in the new year!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:21 am

It will be d-Day tommorrow night at the annual Galway hurling convention. Will there be a change of scenery or the same old face?
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:00 pm

Bumped for Ruan....The Honeymonster not involved....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2