GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

7 Sent off in Tyrone League Final

5 posters

Go down

7 Sent off in Tyrone League Final Empty 7 Sent off in Tyrone League Final

Post  bocerty Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:30 pm

just when we in Tyrone figured things couldn't get any worse in terms of bad publicity this happens. Only 2 weeks ago the referee got assaulted after the county final and now this.

A second major investigation is under way in Tyrone after serious incidents marred the county's Senior Football League final on Friday night.
Violent scenes erupted immediately after the final whistle in Friday night's Division One league decider between Carrickmore and Errigal Ciaran.
Seven players were sent off in a game which finished level after extra-time, and will be replayed next weekend.
County stars Enda McGinley and Conor Gormley were among those dismissed.
Errigal Ciaran's McGinley was one of four players who received straight red cards from referee Martin Sludden as a direct result of a mass brawl which broke out at the end of normal time.
Gormley, who played for Carrickmore, was dismissed after picking up a second booking.
Disciplinary officials had already launched a probe into an incident at the end of the senior championship final between Dromore and Ardboe less than two weeks previously, when referee Sean Quinn was struck by a supporter.
Ciaran McLaughlin, chairman of the Tyrone Competitions Control Committee, said the clubs involved in the latest controversy, Errigal Ciaran and Carrickmore, will be severely dealt with.
"That one was a severe incident. We will deal with it, and we will deal with it severely," he said.
"When they see it for themselves, both clubs will know that they were culpable for the incident."

I wasnt at the game as the weather was piss poor and i may be talking bollocks here but i wouldn't be at all surprised if the referee was maybe a tad card happy. It takes alot to rag Enda Mc Ginley so god only knows what happened.

The frightening thing is they have to play again

No No No No No
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

7 Sent off in Tyrone League Final Empty Re: 7 Sent off in Tyrone League Final

Post  Guest Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:11 pm

will they be able to field teams with the amount of suspensions? To be honest Bocerty i have always thought Tyrone club football was savage, they would cut lumps out of eachother in any game i ever went to see. My brother in law used to play for Eglish, i used to go and watch them all the time, granted it was the early 90s and im sure it has cleaned up alot but it used to be mental. You would have been gaurenteed a field fight most weeks (main reason i went to watch them to be fair). Totally would have cut lumps out of eachother. My brother in law organised a friendly with our local team Armagh Harps as he had contacts through our family. It was a warm up for both teams for championship games and was played in Eglish. Couldnt believe it the Eglish boys got tore in with some over the top "tackles", The Harps were not a team to be pushed around, the had the twin Grimleys, Dominic Clarke, John Toner, Benny OKane (all county men and tough nuts), along with a few other notorious hard men. Field fight broke out, went on for about half an hour. Game abandoned, about 40 minutes on the field, 10 minutes football, half hour fight. Tyrone club football is not exactly new to these sort of incidents.

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:20 pm

Samin i wouldnt argue with one thing you said - there are so many grudge matches in Tyrone its unreal. And last nights would have been the one to top them all - the rivalry between the two teams is savage. It had calmed there for a while partly because neither team were challenging for honours like they had been.

A few years back it took 3 games to separate them in a county final - Canavan is married to a Carrickmore woman but it didnt stop him breaking his own bro-in-laws jaw with a punch during one of the matches. Not that the Carrickmore boys were shrinking violets by any stretch of the imagination. They hate losing and when they are beat or pulled back like they were last night an argument of some sort usually ensues.

Hard to know what the teams will be for the replay of the 7 sent off 5 were straight reds so they are definitely out - its not like Mc Ginley to react or be sent off but as i said the ref might have something to answer to.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:55 pm

Maybe this was Tyrone GAAs tribute to the foundation of the GAA? Each player sent off represents one of the founder members of the organisation from that meeting in Hayes Hotel. A unique tribute in true Tyrone fashion - well done lads! 7 Sent off in Tyrone League Final Icon_razz
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:35 am

Tyrone GAA officials have handed down suspensions totalling 80 weeks as a result of fighting which marred last Friday's Division One league final.
The drawn final between Carrickmore and Errigal Ciaran saw seven players sent-off during the match and a mass brawl at the end of normal time.
Five Carrickmore members have received suspensions totalling 44 weeks.
Six Errigal players have received bans totalling 36 weeks - including one three month ban and a two month ban.
A further four players have picked up four-week suspensions.
Three Carrickmore members were given 12-week bans and the other two have been suspended for a month each.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:47 am

bocerty wrote:Tyrone GAA officials have handed down suspensions totalling 80 weeks as a result of fighting which marred last Friday's Division One league final.
The drawn final between Carrickmore and Errigal Ciaran saw seven players sent-off during the match and a mass brawl at the end of normal time.
Five Carrickmore members have received suspensions totalling 44 weeks.
Six Errigal players have received bans totalling 36 weeks - including one three month ban and a two month ban.
A further four players have picked up four-week suspensions.
Three Carrickmore members were given 12-week bans and the other two have been suspended for a month each.

the heaviest suspension of 48 weeks was handed down to a Carrickmore supporter, after the county final it was an Ardboe supporter who assaulted the referee. Makes you wonder what the hell the stewards at Healy Park are up to when supporters can readily get access to the playing area and get involved in brawls like this.

Though knowing the teams involved if would take something special to stop them when their backs are up.

Also begs the question if a supporter is banned - what does this entail??? and more importantly how do you enforce it.???
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:13 pm

Seems to be an awful lot of nut cases round Tyrone, i wonder wasw the guy who tried to attack Ciaran mcKeever when he was leaving the field in 2005 ulster final a Carrickmore or Ardboe man. When Dublin and Tyrone had that snogging session in Omagh the crowd was trying to get on to the field again (fair play to Omagh stewarts that day).

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:30 pm

samin10 wrote:Seems to be an awful lot of nut cases round Tyrone, i wonder wasw the guy who tried to attack Ciaran mcKeever when he was leaving the field in 2005 ulster final a Carrickmore or Ardboe man. When Dublin and Tyrone had that snogging session in Omagh the crowd was trying to get on to the field again (fair play to Omagh stewarts that day).

Samin that guy you refer to actually used to play for Tyrone - in fact he lifted the Anglo Celt Cup for them as captain in one of his last years, he was a very tenacious full back in his day though his playing days were severely hampered by a car accident at a very young age which left him with a major ankle problem fro which he never fully recovered - he has since gone on to become a very successful manager with his local club. And i must admit Mc Keever was lucky that day if this particular individual had have got near him right he'd have knocked seven colours of excrement out of him!!!!
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:37 pm

bocerty wrote:
samin10 wrote:Seems to be an awful lot of nut cases round Tyrone, i wonder wasw the guy who tried to attack Ciaran mcKeever when he was leaving the field in 2005 ulster final a Carrickmore or Ardboe man. When Dublin and Tyrone had that snogging session in Omagh the crowd was trying to get on to the field again (fair play to Omagh stewarts that day).

Samin that guy you refer to actually used to play for Tyrone - in fact he lifted the Anglo Celt Cup for them as captain in one of his last years, he was a very tenacious full back in his day though his playing days were severely hampered by a car accident at a very young age which left him with a major ankle problem fro which he never fully recovered - he has since gone on to become a very successful manager with his local club. And i must admit Mc Keever was lucky that day if this particular individual had have got near him right he'd have knocked seven colours of excrement out of him!!!!

im lost as to who that is? What club is he from? Somehow dont think McKeever would be a soft touch for anyone. Anyway the guy should not have been trying to get near him.

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:47 pm

samin10 wrote:
bocerty wrote:

im lost as to who that is? What club is he from? Somehow dont think McKeever would be a soft touch for anyone. Anyway the guy should not have been trying to get near him.

McKeever might not be a soft touch but this guy is an animal when he gets going, and yet a nicer guy you couldn't meet.

He went by the name of Sean Teague - he captained Tyrone in 2001 to Ulster title, and managed his club Greencastle to an All Ireland junior title a few years back.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:00 pm

bocerty wrote:
samin10 wrote:
bocerty wrote:

McKeever might not be a soft touch but this guy is an animal when he gets going, and yet a nicer guy you couldn't meet.

He went by the name of Sean Teague - he captained Tyrone in 2001 to Ulster title, and managed his club Greencastle to an All Ireland junior title a few years back.

I never actually seen what he did in 2005 or how close he got to mckeever or where he came from in the stand. Was he part of backroom staff or something or what was he playing at?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

this still makes me laugh

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:16 pm

samin10 wrote:
bocerty wrote:
samin10 wrote:
bocerty wrote:

I never actually seen what he did in 2005 or how close he got to mckeever or where he came from in the stand. Was he part of backroom staff or something or what was he playing at?

he was nothing to do with team at all Samin just happeend to be seated very close to the subs etc, i cant remember the exact ins and outs but i think he said something to McKeever and didn't take too kindly to the response he got.............

Takes his football very seriously and can fly of the handle at the drop of a hat
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:21 pm

samin10 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

bet you dont laugh too much at this one forward it on to 2 minutes 20 seconds Laughing Laughing Laughing
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:48 pm

bocerty wrote:

bet you dont laugh too much at this one forward it on to 2 minutes 20 seconds Laughing Laughing Laughing

Its only 52 secs long think your losing it Boc
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:40 pm

JimWexford wrote:
bocerty wrote:

Its only 52 secs long think your losing it Boc

sorry Jim i forgot to include the link to the video -
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:10 pm

Where is all that northern love best get sam on the case
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:38 am

Sounded like a pretty quiet game by Tyrone standards!!!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:01 am

bald eagle wrote:Sounded like a pretty quiet game by Tyrone standards!!!

ahem thats rich coming from a Derry man!!!!!!!!
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:28 pm

I don't possibily know what you mean Boc! 7 Sent off in Tyrone League Final Icon_wink

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:32 pm

bocerty wrote:He went by the name of Sean Teague - he captained Tyrone in 2001 to Ulster title, and managed his club Greencastle to an All Ireland junior title a few years back.

What name does he go by now Boc? Seana?

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:35 pm

Hadn't seen that old tap over free by Canavan for a while. Still think they should have executed the bloke that gave the free away.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:40 pm

patrique wrote:Hadn't seen that old tap over free by Canavan for a while. Still think they should have executed the bloke that gave the free away.

the ref gave the free away

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:41 pm

bald eagle wrote:
bocerty wrote:He went by the name of Sean Teague - he captained Tyrone in 2001 to Ulster title, and managed his club Greencastle to an All Ireland junior title a few years back.

What name does he go by now Boc? Seana?

you have your witty head on today BE Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:42 pm

samin10 wrote:
patrique wrote:Hadn't seen that old tap over free by Canavan for a while. Still think they should have executed the bloke that gave the free away.

the ref gave the free away

Bollox Sam - it was a definite free and very silly from McKeever too - he had the player exactly were he wanted him and had no need to foul.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down