GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Championship Draws tonight - zzzzzzzzzzzz

+2
GAA-Fan
Jayo Cluxton
6 posters

Go down

Championship Draws tonight - zzzzzzzzzzzz Empty Championship Draws tonight - zzzzzzzzzzzz

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:15 pm

Well the Championship draws are among us. Tonight we will learn who Dublin will beat on their way to another Leinster title. No excitement in the draw whatsoever for a Dub fan - only Kildare interest me in Leinster. The excitement will only begin at the QF draw stage when we find out who is next up to give us an embarrassing hiding in Croker... Championship Draws tonight - zzzzzzzzzzzz Kopfschuettel

I suppose Ulster fans have a bit of excitement - given the rivalries and competitive nature of the C'ship. In Connaught and Munster the only thing to look out for is whether Galway-Mayo and Cork-Kerry avoid each other until the final.

Really the time has come for an open draw. Imagine tuning in tonight with the possibility of seeing a Cork-Tyrone or Galway-Kerry or Armagh-Kildare or Dublin-Mayo first round clash. Instead it'll be Dublin v Carlow, then Offaly, then Laois and then Kildare in the Leinster Final. Yawn!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Championship Draws tonight - zzzzzzzzzzzz Empty Re: Championship Draws tonight - zzzzzzzzzzzz

Post  GAA-Fan Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:50 pm

My predictions for Ulster are

Cavan/Fermanagh v Derry

Armagh v Down

Tyrone v Donegal

Monaghan v Antrim
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Championship Draws tonight - zzzzzzzzzzzz Empty Re: Championship Draws tonight - zzzzzzzzzzzz

Post  bocerty Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:37 pm

I must admit its not something i look forward to with any great expectation or anticipation. Is it a live draw or is it to be done under a veil of secrecy behind closed doors so that they get the permutations right in each province and then screen it later. An open draw would be a much more of a crowd puller in terms of viewers but i think we are a long way away from that.

Doing away with the provincial championships would be controversial in many eyes though i have always thought a way round that would be have an open draw and the last team standing from each Province be crowned Provincial champions and in the event of two teams from one province being the last two left on All Ireland final day then the winners would not only be All Ireland champions but Provincial champions as well, that is there would be 2 trophies up for grabs on the one day.

Take Munster for example, neither Cork nor Kerry will want to win it, Cork because they always end up getting beat further down the line and the scenic round seems to harden teams like Kerry and Tyrone, so get your money on Limerick to win it next year.

For whats its worth I think Tyrone will get Donegal and Armagh will get Down, Monaghan will get Antrim and Fermanagh will get Cavan. The Armagh v Down game will be a preliminary round game with the winners facing the Derry cnuts.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:30 pm

Leinster hurling

pre draw
Carlow v Laois

QF
Dublin v Carlow/Laois
Wexford v GAILLIMH Championship Draws tonight - zzzzzzzzzzzz Lol

Antrim v Offaly
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:42 pm

Galway cant dethrone KK until Leinster Final. Lovely hurling. Galway look set to dominate Leinster for the coming years after that draw
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:13 pm

Great draw in Connacht. Home to the Sheepstealers or London in S/F and on to a Connacht final....sweet!!!!! Championship Draws tonight - zzzzzzzzzzzz Icon_biggrin Championship Draws tonight - zzzzzzzzzzzz Icon_santa
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  rich dublin Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:39 am

welll we have Mayo firsst round, tough draw for us but not one we will fear, while its a long time since we beat mayo in the championship i think 2000 was the last time. first we need a strong showing in the league the draw was not too bad for us in the league with the toughest matches at home by and large i think if we can have a top four finish in the league and hae an injury free team for the championship we can go in to the Mayo match with some degree of confidence.

its at home so that is an advantage because Castlebar is not a place any Sligo fan will have many fond memory of. i also think the first round is the best place to have a crack at one of the big guns, the only trouble is if we some how manage to beat mayo we will have Galway in the next round in salthill and to be honest we have as much chance of winning that as Loyal has with Niamh Championship Draws tonight - zzzzzzzzzzzz Icon_surprised Championship Draws tonight - zzzzzzzzzzzz Icon_surprised Championship Draws tonight - zzzzzzzzzzzz Icon_surprised Championship Draws tonight - zzzzzzzzzzzz Icon_surprised

is everyone happy with there draws?
rich dublin
rich dublin
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

sligo
Number of posts : 911

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:28 pm

In a word - Yes.....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down