GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Planning for the future Club and County

2 posters

Go down

Planning for the future Club and County Empty Planning for the future Club and County

Post  North Side Gael Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:35 pm

I want to welcome ideas on the concerns of Jim about the club v county, hurling v football argument, i want everyone on here to give one or more positive ideas on how to move forward smoothly.

My ideas would be this:

Both Club and intercounty season starts in February

Week about turns ie county week 1, Club activity week 2, county week 3, club activity week 4

Players to sit down with club and decide as to when they can train with club and schedule required to train with county.

GAA to send out directive on limitations of training at county level in order to allow players time to train with county

County Club championships end by mid september intercounty championships to end by mid october and provincial club championships beginging after this.

Intercounty league fixtures to possibly be double dunters ie or saturday evening football sunday after noon hurling.

Club leagues to have a max of 8 teams in league with two way fixture system meaning 14 matches in total.

disciplinary on intercounty managers who try to make players go to training rather than club game, better to not colide.

Players will be tired who play both county and club but this is a part of the commitment and should take away the mental stress of deciding between club and county.

What yous think?
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim
Number of posts : 1199

Back to top Go down

Planning for the future Club and County Empty Re: Planning for the future Club and County

Post  JimWexford Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:45 pm

Week about turns ie county week 1, Club activity week 2, county week 3, club activity week 4

This there could be something in because at present in Wexford we play club league matches on the same weekend as the county play so no chance of ever having your county players during the league but also even turns people off going to the league games.

Still wouldn't expect county players to play in the league games in this system unless they where subs and to give them game time.

Will read the rest tonight and see what I can add (if anything) you seem to have a good base to start with.
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down