GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ross Carr v Martin O' Connell

4 posters

Go down

Ross Carr v Martin O' Connell Empty Ross Carr v Martin O' Connell

Post  bocerty Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:45 pm

I see the Meath County Board have taken exception to comments made by Ross Carr on the Up For The Match Program on the eve of the All Ireland Final.

Carr said of Martin O' Connell of Meath 'Martin is a butcher by trade and he was good at it at half back too'. Meath County Board have sent a letter of complaint to RTE expressing their anger at the comment.

A Meath spokesman said "It bothered me what was said about Martin O'Connell who is a role model for every footballer in Meath, Leinster and Ireland" - now up to that comment was made i almost agreed with the Meath County Board, but when you rip the hole out a situation with a comment like that well it is laughable.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Ross Carr v Martin O' Connell Empty Re: Ross Carr v Martin O' Connell

Post  Guest Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:54 pm

he is my role model after 96 semi final Ross Carr v Martin O' Connell Icon_cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:10 pm

For a hard GAA county Meath are being a bit over sensitive here. Those kind of shows are always full of tongue in cheek quips. What is it with thin skinned Meath people anyway? I know one around these parts well too and he takes offence fierce easily!!! Ross Carr v Martin O' Connell Icon_eek
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:18 pm

samin10 wrote:he is my role model after 96 semi final Ross Carr v Martin O' Connell Icon_cheers

i figured an Armagh man would approve - hope Pearse Ogs 'butcher' the absolute sh*te out of ye at the weekend......................... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:33 pm

Carr was right, and that is why Meath are upset. Should have been banned for three years after the Tyrone game in 1996.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:56 pm

patrique wrote:Carr was right, and that is why Meath are upset. Should have been banned for three years after the Tyrone game in 1996.

only 3 Patrique, jesus your very lenient on him - were it up to me he'd never have got near a football field again Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Meath seem to be taking this a bit too seriously in all fairness - were he still playing i would perhaps see their point as it amy draw attention to him, but he's long gone. Though if memory serves me right thats the second year in a row Carr has caused some controversy on the same program - easily one of the hardest people to listen to on TV or Radio being interviewed, his monotone would drive you to despair.

Another is Paudi O' Se - he takes so long to tell a f**king story your reaching for the remote before he's half way through Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:13 am

Sure Paudi reckons John o Donoghue is a grand fellow, ditto Charlie Haughey, God rest him. Paudí idea of a great Irish leader would probably look something like this

Ross Carr v Martin O' Connell Smiles_349
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:13 am

bocerty wrote:
patrique wrote:Carr was right, and that is why Meath are upset. Should have been banned for three years after the Tyrone game in 1996.

only 3 Patrique, jesus your very lenient on him - were it up to me he'd never have got near a football field again Ross Carr v Martin O' Connell Icon_biggrin Ross Carr v Martin O' Connell Icon_biggrin Ross Carr v Martin O' Connell Icon_biggrin

Meath seem to be taking this a bit too seriously in all fairness - were he still playing i would perhaps see their point as it amy draw attention to him, but he's long gone. Though if memory serves me right thats the second year in a row Carr has caused some controversy on the same program - easily one of the hardest people to listen to on TV or Radio being interviewed, his monotone would drive you to despair.

Another is Paudi O' Se - he takes so long to tell a f**king story your reaching for the remote before he's half way through Ross Carr v Martin O' Connell Sleep Ross Carr v Martin O' Connell Sleep Ross Carr v Martin O' Connell Sleep Ross Carr v Martin O' Connell Sleep Ross Carr v Martin O' Connell Sleep Ross Carr v Martin O' Connell Sleep

id rather have Martin OConnell stand on my head than that wee rat McMenamin play with my balls. In my opinion nowhere near as big of an offence.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:15 am

bocerty wrote:
samin10 wrote:he is my role model after 96 semi final Ross Carr v Martin O' Connell Icon_cheers

i figured an Armagh man would approve - hope Pearse Ogs 'butcher' the absolute sh*te out of ye at the weekend......................... Ross Carr v Martin O' Connell Icon_lol Ross Carr v Martin O' Connell Icon_lol Ross Carr v Martin O' Connell Icon_lol Ross Carr v Martin O' Connell Icon_lol

Surely you should be supporting your fellow county man and Armagh Harps?

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:50 pm

samin10 wrote:
bocerty wrote:

only 3 Patrique, jesus your very lenient on him - were it up to me he'd never have got near a football field again Ross Carr v Martin O' Connell Icon_biggrin Ross Carr v Martin O' Connell Icon_biggrin Ross Carr v Martin O' Connell Icon_biggrin

Another is Paudi O' Se - he takes so long to tell a f**king story your reaching for the remote before he's half way through Ross Carr v Martin O' Connell Sleep Ross Carr v Martin O' Connell Sleep Ross Carr v Martin O' Connell Sleep Ross Carr v Martin O' Connell Sleep Ross Carr v Martin O' Connell Sleep Ross Carr v Martin O' Connell Sleep

id rather have Martin OConnell stand on my head than that wee rat McMenamin play with my balls. In my opinion nowhere near as big of an offence.

in his defence Samin, Ricey said he was only carrying out a few test tickles !!!!
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:42 pm

bocerty wrote:
samin10 wrote:
bocerty wrote:

in his defence Samin, Ricey said he was only carrying out a few test tickles !!!!

To be fair to Ricey there is not many forwards will bend over to pick the ball up when he is around. Ross Carr v Martin O' Connell Affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down