GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Culchie Festival 2009

+3
bocerty
RMDrive
Jayo Cluxton
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Culchie Festival 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Culchie Festival 2009

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:19 pm

[quote="Boxtyeater"]Dan has overlaid a diving Gary Sprake in the middle, cut 5 circular holes and duck-taped them with a 2 inch margin all round...3 penos' for €2...5 for €5...... Laughing Laughing quote]

Jaysus Boxty - if you have Gary Sprake in the nets you could take a heavy hit! Trust me - a Leeds fan from the 70s!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:31 pm

[quote="Jayo Cluxton"]
Boxtyeater wrote:Dan has overlaid a diving Gary Sprake in the middle, cut 5 circular holes and duck-taped them with a 2 inch margin all round...3 penos' for €2...5 for €5...... Laughing Laughing quote]

Jaysus Boxty - if you have Gary Sprake in the nets you could take a heavy hit! Trust me - a Leeds fan from the 70s!

See the word/phrase "stumour" on the other thread.....I knew I'd ruffle yer' fur there...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:41 am

I proceeded to fold it up and place it in the vicinity of 4Gm's pumphouse.
***The 4 gallon man..A legend locally..[/quote]

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:09 pm

Any reports from this event?
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:03 pm

Ballinagleara native, Shane McKeon brought home the bacon in fine style here over the weekend, to wrest the trophy from Galway and bring a winning conclusion to what has been a very unrewarding year for the entire county.
Nobody who attended this monumental event could argue with Shane's credentials, or indeed overall performance. He, in fact, brought the term "slack-jaw" to new heights and was the clear winner. Shane is indeed a fine looking lad and the pipe suits him I feel...
Culchie Festival 2009 - Page 2 Culchi10
Some of the younger locals didn't cover themselves in glory however. Immigrants from Drumlish and Ballinamuck were sought out and the odd "altercation" occurred.
Then there was a number of incidents where scenes similiar to the attached photo took place. The re-location of fancy wheels were the order of the night.
Culchie Festival 2009 - Page 2 Images20
On a more comforting note, legendary publican John James McKeon adhered to his lifelong policy of "running a good house"....no hoodies, male earrings, coctail seekers, stag/hen parties etc., etc.,.
A very muscular Eastern European dude, with absolutley "no inglese" except NO ENTRY - enforced the rule and thus ensured a tad of comfort for Boxty to sup a few smooth ones on Saturday evening....I presume he thought I was a viable contender, I being in attendance at the Mart nearby for the morning...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:07 pm

Is there a Paschal McKeon in them thar parts?
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:16 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Is there a Paschal McKeon in them thar parts?

There was, but he's gotten a set of wings this 20 years or more RIP....An utterly decent man,... he owned a pub in the centre of the commercial district and was a Co.Cllr for many years..He too ran a good shop, but somewhat lacked John James' diplomacy. ..Should you become messy, or, God forbid. annoy a female patron in any way, you were immediately ordered to "Fook off and don't come back" and failure to heed the verbal warning could lead to gravel rash on your arxe....

A good oul' skin was Paschal RIP...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:24 pm

I think I went to school with a nephew of his ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:38 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:I think I went to school with a nephew of his ....

AFAIK the family moved to Dublin in the late 80's. One of the girls, whose name eludes me, was a bit of a looker though...(Unlikely to have been associated with the likes of you though..... Wink
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:42 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:AFAIK the family moved to Dublin in the late 80's. One of the girls, whose name eludes me, was a bit of a looker though...(Unlikely to have been associated with the likes of you though..... Wink

Razz I think P's sister was my schoolmate's Ma! One of my parole terms was no consorting with Leitrim women ..... they wanted to rehabilitate me - apparently...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2