GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland .... a contemporary history ....

5 posters

Go down

Ireland .... a contemporary history .... Empty Ireland .... a contemporary history ....

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:30 pm

30 years ago the Ireland .... a contemporary history .... Pope came to Ireland .... a contemporary history .... Ireland.... up to the Park and said mass at the Ireland .... a contemporary history .... Celtic10. The day was fine and it didn't Ireland .... a contemporary history .... Rain Everybody was Ireland .... a contemporary history .... Nw-calp and Ireland .... a contemporary history .... Yayand Ireland .... a contemporary history .... Woohoo- nobody suspecting for a minute that not only were some of the main participants not Ireland .... a contemporary history .... Gay but they were in fact Ireland .... a contemporary history .... Bedjump. So over the years the Emerald Isle went from being Ireland .... a contemporary history .... Bowtoking to Ireland .... a contemporary history .... Blowup....

And they all lived happily ever after ....... Ireland .... a contemporary history .... Damion
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Ireland .... a contemporary history .... Empty Re: Ireland .... a contemporary history ....

Post  JimWexford Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:37 pm

where are those emoticons hidden then
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Ireland .... a contemporary history .... Empty Re: Ireland .... a contemporary history ....

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:46 pm

JimWexford wrote:where are those emoticons hidden then

Hang on til I tell ya ... Ireland .... a contemporary history .... Wb-fluester ....

Ireland .... a contemporary history .... Opa - No don't tell him!!!!

Ireland .... a contemporary history .... Nw-streiti - why can't he tell???

Ireland .... a contemporary history .... Zu-motz - yeah, tell Jim!!!

Ireland .... a contemporary history .... Nonono - hmmmm not so fast!!!

Ireland .... a contemporary history .... An-kannnixdafuer Sorry - but I'll tell you some time over a Ireland .... a contemporary history .... Wb-trink

............... Meantime name the painting and painter

Ireland .... a contemporary history .... Scream .... by Ireland .... a contemporary history .... Munch
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:59 pm

I'm having a Ireland .... a contemporary history .... Wb-trinkbut i'm a culchie whats a painter- someone who draws the dole. Thats about the limit of my knowledge on the classic arts as some call them.
A clue which one is the painting and which one the painter may help
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:04 pm

JimWexford wrote:A clue which one is the painting and which one the painter may help

Left emoticon is painting - right is painter ....... (the 'by' was a clue!!! Ireland .... a contemporary history .... Icon_rolleyes Ireland .... a contemporary history .... Icon_razz )
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:06 pm

Thought that was leaving the hint for a bigger clue .
Little Mermaid
By
Bloke who eats and drinks a lot
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:07 pm

Mona lisa by L di Vinci.
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:08 pm

Nope!!! Was in world headlines a few years ago!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:10 pm

not a clue sorry not a thing I would know anything about
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  redhandman Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:21 am

the painting is the scream stolen in sweden about 2002/03 ish? painter is probably soem dead dude as paintings onyl worth big money when the artist dies!!!!
redhandman
redhandman
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

tyrone
Number of posts : 545

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:11 pm

Did they ever recover that painting? Its probably worthless to whoever stole it as they can't auction it and even if someone buys it on the blackmarket what can they do with it can't display it in their house either.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:24 pm

It is indeed the Scream by Edvard Munch - he actually created a few different versions of this painting - as he did with a lot of his other work.

In 2004, one of the versions and another titled Madonna (the painting not the singer) were stolen from the Munch Museum in Oslo. Both were recovered in 2006. They had sustained some damage but were restored and went back on display in May 2008.

Incidentally, the National Gallery is currently hosting an exhibition of Munch's works until 6 December - including the Scream and Madonna - a snip at €5!!

ps For a period his life descended into 'excessive drinking and brawling' - surely some Irish blood there! Ireland .... a contemporary history .... Icon_razz
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:58 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Incidentally, the National Gallery is currently hosting an exhibition of Munch's works until 6 December - including the Scream and Madonna - a snip at €5!! Ireland .... a contemporary history .... Icon_razz

Jaysus JC dont tell me your an art enthusiast as well - or are you using it as an excuse to case the joint.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:55 pm

bocerty wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:Incidentally, the National Gallery is currently hosting an exhibition of Munch's works until 6 December - including the Scream and Madonna - a snip at €5!! Ireland .... a contemporary history .... Icon_razz

Jaysus JC dont tell me your an art enthusiast as well - or are you using it as an excuse to case the joint.

Ireland .... a contemporary history .... Icon_biggrin Ireland .... a contemporary history .... Icon_biggrin Ireland .... a contemporary history .... Icon_biggrin

Oh I like a bit of art alright Boc! And I have a brother in law who is as good a painter as I have ever seen - just needs a bit of confidence and a rocket up his hole!!

Have been to the Prado, Rome is choc-a-bloc with art - Cistine Chapel and Vatican are awesome, Louvre to see the quare one and a few in New York.
I especially like Henri Matisse - though I don't really know why! Like Cezanne and Picasso too - so I suppose cubism interests me!

But some stuff that sells for millions I do not get at all!!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:34 pm

So Benedict is going to see Lizzie but won't pop across to see us ....

The old popmobile remains firmly parked in the garage gathering dust - alongside the open top double decker bus for the Dubs! Ireland .... a contemporary history .... Icon_razz
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:37 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:So Benedict is going to see Lizzie but won't pop across to see us ....

The old popmobile remains firmly parked in the garage gathering dust - alongside the open top double decker bus for the Dubs! Ireland .... a contemporary history .... Icon_razz

The e-voting machines are probably in that garage as well.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down