GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chrissy Mc Kaigue signs for Sydney Swans

2 posters

Go down

Chrissy Mc Kaigue signs for Sydney Swans Empty Chrissy Mc Kaigue signs for Sydney Swans

Post  Guest Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:44 am

Didn't see this one coming, I know him and never though he'd have the balls to do it. On the grand scale of things it is at a disadvantage to Derry, however I'd worry more had it been one of the other young players, as I personally think Chrissy is one of the most over-rated players in the Derry team.

Back to top Go down

Chrissy Mc Kaigue signs for Sydney Swans Empty Re: Chrissy Mc Kaigue signs for Sydney Swans

Post  mid-mon man Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:13 am

Interesting move this, wouldn't have thought he'd be overly suited to it though. He's tall enough but not sure if he'd be able to adapt to Aussie Rules, I suppose we'll find out soon enough and the best of luck to him. Having seen him a few times over the last couple of years he seems decent enough, but not like he'd one of the best young players about. He scored a couple of nice points but seemed more interested in mouthing off(but sure not like he was alone in that in this years game!). Again best of luck to him, will be very tough to make the breakthrough but sure it's worth a go for a young lad.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Chrissy Mc Kaigue signs for Sydney Swans Empty Re: Chrissy Mc Kaigue signs for Sydney Swans

Post  bald eagle Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:14 am

To be perfectly honest, Anthony Tohill was an over-rated Gaelic player when he went over to Australia first, and we didn't do too bad when he came back.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:22 am

Yeah even if he doesn't make it in the long run, there's a good chance it would improve him anyway if he returned home to Derry.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:44 am

At least you still have James Kielt.

Or is he going as well, a certain member seems to think he is.

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:06 pm

I know there is word of him going Loyal, but i haven't heard too much about it of late. Couldn't really blame both lads if they did go to give it a stab, in fact i'd like to see more young Derry players make the move over to AFL for 3 years so they could train under professional condition........just so long as they came back!!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:25 pm

James isn't going.

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:26 pm

Has he been offered a contract before?
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:26 pm

mid-mon man wrote:Has he been offered a contract before?

He went on trials but I don't think he was offered a contract.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down