GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brian Farrell vs Colm Cooper

2 posters

Go down

Brian Farrell vs Colm Cooper Empty Brian Farrell vs Colm Cooper

Post  Guest Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:59 am

It will be fascinating to watch these two great forwards take to the same football pitch on Sunday. Farrell has always been a fans' favourite in Meath and similiarly Gooch is hailed as one of the greatest footballers of all time.

I will accept, however, that the Nobber clubman has not been at his absolute best this year but that is partly due to the high standards that he has set himself in seasons gone by. But a return to his brilliant best is immenent in my opinion. Watch as the ball goes into him how he swivels his hips, gently easing the defender out of the way, winning possesion and setting up a Meath score or even scoring himself. No other can do it like him, he is majestic when on form. And he can score from anywhere too, I predict he will wreck havoc on the Kingdom defence this weekend.

As will Cooper cause lots of problems for the Meath backs and possibly Eoin Harrington who I expect to pick him up. Harro can't afford the inch or two to opposition forwards that he normally does because Gooch will exploit anything!

I'm not sure who will win the game but its highly probable that a moment of magic from Farrell or a piece of genius from Gooch will be the difference between the sides.

Back to top Go down

Brian Farrell vs Colm Cooper Empty Re: Brian Farrell vs Colm Cooper

Post  JOLearysgloves Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:12 pm

Farrell is a prodigious talent, on his day he is like a young Colm O'Rourke, on another day he is like Ray Cosgrove in the bad times! Farrell is the archetypal Dubs footballer in that regard! But when ever we play Meath, he is always the one I fear the most. Did you hear Moyles on off the ball last night Loyal? Sounds like a decent bloke. Great footballer.
I am totally torn on this game. Dublins 2 biggest rivals. I am so sick of Kerry winning all round them, and Meath would be a refreshing change in the final, but the idea of Meath beating a team that took Dublin for a walk is hard to bare!!! Especially after we had ye in the first round!!
I dunno...Kerry are less offensive so I think I will shout for Kerry but I wont know till the throw in. Either way I will be roaring for Cork come September Razz
JOLearysgloves
JOLearysgloves
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Dublin
Number of posts : 107

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:22 pm

A big game from Farrell is imperative if Meath are to prevail. Their forward line has to come up trumps on Sunday but with the likes of the SS, Farrell,the Brays, Cian Ward their well capable.
Big games from Crawford and Peadar Byrne are also essential.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down