GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gaelic Fans Association - starts here!

+6
rich dublin
clash-of-da-ash
JimWexford
bocerty
bald eagle
Jayo Cluxton
10 posters

Go down

The Gaelic Fans Association - starts here! Empty The Gaelic Fans Association - starts here!

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:24 pm

We have the GAA to look after competitions, admission prices, dates etc and our various provincial councils to administer more locally and then our county boards. We now have the GPA to look after the players interests – apparently but …….. there is no GFA – no organisation for the fans!

Think of a lot of other sports and you have fans’ organisations who regularly meet with the head of the sporting bodies to discuss matters. Here we have nothing.

Hence you are subject to exorbitant ticket prices, huge anomalies in prices between different counties/provinces/competitions/grounds etc. You are regularly compromised with your hurlers playing on the same day as your footballers but miles apart. You have evening kick-offs where fans have to travel hundreds of miles but no consideration for this is given at HQ. And what about the true fans who get squeezed out by the Johnny-come-latelies on All Ireland finals day?

Maybe its time for the fans to have a voice! Maybe GAA Tipster could be the genesis of this organisation. Maybe we could get one rep from each county and give birth to the Gaelic Fans Association – the GFA – in order to have our voices heard!

What do yis think?

Last edited by Jayo Cluxton on Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

The Gaelic Fans Association - starts here! Empty Re: The Gaelic Fans Association - starts here!

Post  bald eagle Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:28 pm

Count me in, cheaper air fares for GAA fans NOW!!!!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

The Gaelic Fans Association - starts here! Empty Re: The Gaelic Fans Association - starts here!

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:30 pm

bald eagle wrote:Count me in, cheaper air fares for GAA fans NOW!!!!

Cheap!! Lad you should get paid for having to watch Derry ......
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:49 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
bald eagle wrote:Count me in, cheaper air fares for GAA fans NOW!!!!

Cheap!! Lad you should get paid for having to watch Derry ......

I think you're on to something there Jayo!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:04 pm

great idea Jayo - count me in
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:05 pm

A few points of order prior to the "impending" set up of the GFA

1. Has anyone goggled it to see its not already in use (got that one from Bill Cullen)
2. would the cork fan be happy with just one rep
3.Will we be peditioning Croker for reconiation
4. Will we be entitled to grants rather than taxes
5. Are we going for just one national body like the GPA and be associated with them or will we go the traditional route of 1 central council, 4 provinical bodies etc

Can the real fan be a member and what if he/she goes on strike over there favourite player not playing can they still be a member, these MR Cluxton sir are serious issues that need to be avoided. Other than that we could have a bit of run.
instead of Free the Derry one, our slogan after you earlier post should read Free for the Derry wan's

Who's going to be president?????????
Loyal can either be the King of all Fans or the Prince of Darkness of Ulster football.
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:09 pm

I'm in.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  rich dublin Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:12 pm

great idea count me in, we need more of a voice its time for us to stand up and be counted!!!!
rich dublin
rich dublin
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

sligo
Number of posts : 911

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:31 pm

I'll be chief of GFA Yorkshire Branch

i.e. do nothing Rolling Eyes
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  6inarow Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:39 pm

Will I be able to claim for a second home in Dublin? Laughing

6inarow
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Galway
Number of posts : 263

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:46 pm

6inarow wrote:Will I be able to claim for a second home in Dublin? Laughing

Keep up lad - you have to pay a levy now for a second home in this wonderful country ....

Last edited by Jayo Cluxton on Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:58 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:I'll be chief of GFA Yorkshire Branch

i.e. do nothing Rolling Eyes

Nonsense Sammy - Yorkshire will be very important in this campaign. We may need a bit of muscle so a few affiliated Elland Road nutters may come in handy ... Twisted Evil

We can also showcase Leeds U as a case of being too greedy and having the roof cave in.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Swinford2009 Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:04 am

Jayo, count me in but hopefully we wont have to be showing LUFC in any light other than good :-)
Swinford2009
Swinford2009
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Mayo
Number of posts : 269

http://mikessportsfile.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  old98! Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:05 am

are you comin to play swinny join the chat box
old98!
old98!
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

wexford
Number of posts : 406

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down