GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GAA Quotes

Go down

GAA Quotes Empty GAA Quotes

Post  Guest Fri May 08, 2009 6:50 pm

"We've won one All-Ireland in a row" -- Wexford Fan in 1996.

"Sylvie Linnane would start a riot in a graveyard" -- Tipp fan

"I'm not giving away any secrets like that to Tipperary. If I had my way, I wouldn't even tell them the time of the throw-in" -
Ger Loughnane.

"The wheel fell off my mobile home" -- Offaly's Eugene McGee explains why he was late for training.

'We're taking this match awful seriously.We're training three times a week now, and some of the boys are off the
beer since Tuesday' -Offaly hurler quote in the week before a Leinster hurling final vs. Kilkenny

'Ger Loughnane was fair, he treated us all the same during training-like dogs' - anonymous Clare hurler

'You can't win derbies with donkeys' - Babs Keating before Tipp played Cork in 1990

'Sheep in a heap' - Babs Keating description of Offaly in 1998.

'And as for you. You're not even good enough to play for this shower of useless no-hopers' - Former Clare mentor to one of his subs after a heavy defeat

'They have a forward line that couldn't punch holes in a paper bag' - Pat Spillane on the Cavan football team

"The cigarettes are being lit here in the Commentary Box. The lads are getting anxious. It’s a line ball down there to Clare and who is to take it?... Will ye put 'em out lads! Ye'll choke me." - Matthew McMahon, Clare FM (During the 1995 hurling All-Ireland)

" Ollie Murphy is after throwing so many dummies, you would'nt see the likes in a creche " - Kevin Mallon on n LM/FM local radio

From Mícheál O'Muircheartaigh:

“And Brian Dooher is down injured. And while he is, I’ll tell ye a little story. I was in Times Square in New York last week, and I was missing the Championship back home. So I approached a newsstand and I said 'I suppose ye wouldn't have ‘The Kerryman would ye?' To which the Egyptian behind the counter turned to me and he said 'Do you want the North Kerry edition or the South Kerry edition?'... He had both... So I bought both. And Dooher is back on his feet..."

"Anthony Lynch the Cork corner back will be the last person to let you down - his people are undertakers"

"Teddy looks at the ball, the ball looks at Teddy"

"He grabs the sliothar, he's on the 50...... He's on the 40...... He's on the 30...... He's on the ground"

"In the first half they played with the wind. In the second half they played with the ball".

"Sean Óg Ó hAilpín.... His father's from Fermanagh, his mother's from Fiji - neither a hurling stronghold

“Lock the gates and make the shaggers stay and watch!’ – A shout from Meath football fans at the All Ireland semi-final of 2001, as their team toyed with Kerry, while Kingdom fans fled the terraces in droves.

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

Back to top Go down