GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mayo Appreciation Society of Happy thread

3 posters

Go down

The Mayo Appreciation Society of Happy thread Empty The Mayo Appreciation Society of Happy thread

Post  mossbags Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:50 pm

I decided to set up the Mayo Appreciation Society of Happy, or MASH, if you prefer, to express my appreciation for all things Mayo. It actually alarms me a bit to think we've been rolling along here on GTipsters and no-one has yet started a thread on this most special part of our country with its lovely hills and nice people.
This society is open to all those who have long yearned for a place where they could openly talk about their love of Mayo and share their stories and experiences of Mayo with the rest of us. Membership is free and frankly I'd be shocked if every-one didn't join up.

To get the ball rolling heres some observations that have been observed down the ages on the culture and behaviour of Mayo folk.
Mayo people will

- Have shouldering each other competitions in nightclubs.
- Bring gearbags full of sandwiches into GAA grounds and scoff away on them during matches. One Mayo beside us at Castlebar last summer even opened up a can of tuna and started dipping his hands into it and eating away on it.
- Come into ’town’ on a Saturday night and get into loads of fights outside chippers.
- Then drink-drive back home at 4am.
- Wear black slip-on shoes, drainpipe Wrangler jeans and check shirts tucked in when they’re out on the pull.
- Say, ’Well chief?’ when they meet someone they know.
- Have black fingernails from working on the land and a smell of silage in their kitchens.
- Stop at the side of the road on the way home from matches and drink flasks of tea.
- Refuse to watch any station other than RTE 1.
- Listen to the death notices every morning on local radio.
- Berate referees with foul language and then complain about filth and bad language on the television.
- Stand on the side of the road outside their houses and watch traffic going by.
- Spit on their hands and then use the greener to style their hair in the manner they so desire.
- Spend hours leaning on gates looking at sheep and cows in fields.
- Stop and read every planning permission notice they see.
- Drop bales on roads after not tying the load right.(Unforgivable!)
- Claim that they are 2nd best at everything
- Marry their cousins

Feel free to share your own Happy Mayo tales here I love you
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

The Mayo Appreciation Society of Happy thread Empty Re: The Mayo Appreciation Society of Happy thread

Post  lino_de_legend Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:54 pm

love the way they jate wooden spoons.....
lino_de_legend
lino_de_legend
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin
Number of posts : 194

Back to top Go down

The Mayo Appreciation Society of Happy thread Empty Re: The Mayo Appreciation Society of Happy thread

Post  rich dublin Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:23 pm

methinks there will be trouble when the terrible two see this Suspect affraid Suspect affraid
rich dublin
rich dublin
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

sligo
Number of posts : 911

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down