GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Division 4

5 posters

Go down

NFL Division 4 Empty NFL Division 4

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:34 am

Carlow: vs Tipperary (A), London (H), Leitrim (H), Limerick (A), Offaly (A), Clare (H), Waterford (H)

Clare: vs Waterford (H), Leitrim (A), Offaly (A), Tipperary (H), Carlow (A), London (H), Limerick (H)

Leitrim: vs Limerick (A), Clare (H), Carlow (A), Offaly (H), Waterford (H), Tipperary (A), London (H)

Limerick: vs Leitrim (H), Offaly (A), Waterford (A), Carlow (H), Tipperary (H), London (A), Clare (A)

London: vs Offaly (H), Carlow (A), Tipperary (A), Waterford (H), Limerick (H), Clare (A), Leitrim (A)

Offaly: vs London (A), Limerick (H), Clare (H), Leitrim (A), Carlow (H), Waterford (A), Tipperary (H)

Tipperary: vs Carlow (H), Waterford (A), London (H), Clare (A), Limerick (A), Leitrim (H), Offaly (A)

Waterford: vs Clare (A), Tipperary (H), Limerick (H), London (A), Leitrim (A), Offaly (H), Carlow (A)
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

NFL Division 4 Empty Re: NFL Division 4

Post  Parouisa Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:11 pm

Totally superfluous thread ....
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:19 pm

Parouisa wrote:Totally superfluous thread ....

It could spiral into a 'What is the problem with Munster Football?' thread, as 4/6 Munster counties are in this division.

On that, I notice that divisions 1&2 are made up of 7 counties from Leinster, 5 from Ulster, and only the big 2 from both Munster (Cork/Kerry) and Connaught (Mayo/Galway). Seems like football in the west (and in particular the south west) is weak at present.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:27 pm

In reality has it ever been much different TC?
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:49 pm

Parouisa wrote:In reality has it ever been much different TC?

Well, I'm looking at counties with little recent tradition of major success like Wexford, Louth, Westmeath & Longford, all of whom are in a higher division than Roscommon or Sligo.

And no Ulster county is in the bottom tier, yet two-thirds of Munster is. I don't think is was always like that. Ulster always had a few very poor teams, yet now it seems like the worst of the worst are pretty much all in Munster.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:59 pm

Aye but Munster is almost exclusively Kerry and Cork - and sometimes Cork have gone 'missing' for years - though not any more. Connacht is Galway and Mayo with bits of Roscommon thrown in and the others mostly making up the numbers. Ulster is the only really changeable when you could consider 5 different winners in last 30 years and an arguably unlucky Monaghan in there too. Leinster have only had Meath and Dublin (just) in recent times.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaa_lover Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:56 pm

Offaly should top the group anyone apart from London could join them in Div 3 next year.

Gaa_lover
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

New York
Number of posts : 308

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:58 pm

Carlow officially the worst playing football county in Ireland. Congratulations, and people still call us a football county. Mother of God.

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow
Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:40 pm

Wedged just 2 points above you with 3 wins (Carlow, Waterford and London) I feel I can safely book holidays before the end of July.
Although a victory in New York if followed by a stumble over Sligo/London would put us in Connacht final and a place in the last 12 if my calculations are right.....

The last 12.....NFL Division 4 Smiley16
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:42 pm

Both counties perfectly camouflaged for summer ambushes. The year is only getting started!
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:00 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:Both counties perfectly camouflaged for summer ambushes. The year is only getting started!

Will you stop.....I was in Gaelic Park in 2003 when a dubious referee managed to engineer a draw for us courtesy of 2 "frees" at the end of normal time. We scrambled out by a small margin as the locals ran out of juice...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down