GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football Championship Draws 2013

+6
RMDrive
GAA-Fan
Thomas Clarke
OMAR
Boxtyeater
bald eagle
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Football Championship Draws 2013 Empty Football Championship Draws 2013

Post  bald eagle Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:35 pm

Views please? Surely a sellout in Clones for Donegal and Tyrone with a very interesting first outting for McIvers Derry agaist Down -

2013 Munster Senior Football Championship Draw -

Semi-finals: Clare v Limerick or Cork, Waterford v Kerry or Tipperary

Quarter-finals: Limerick v Cork, Kerry v Tipperary

2013 CONNACHT SENIOR FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP DRAW -

Quarter-Finals: New York v Leitrim, London v Sligo, Galway v Mayo

Semi-Finals: Galway/Mayo v Roscommon, New York/Leitrim v London/Sligo

2013 ULSTER SENIOR FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP DRAW -

Preliminary Round: Cavan v Armagh

Quarter-Finals: Donegal v Tyrone, Derry v Down, Antrim v Monaghan, Cavan/Armagh v Fermanagh

Semi-Finals: Donegal/Tyrone v Derry/Down, Antrim/Monaghan v Cavan/Armagh/Fermanagh

2013 LEINSTER SENIOR FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP DRAW -

First Round: Wicklow v Longford, Laois v Louth, Westmeath v Carlow

Quarter-Finals: Wicklow/Longford v Meath, Laois/Louth v Wexford, Westmeath/Carlow v Dublin, Offaly v Kildare

Semi-Finals: Wicklow/Longford/Meath v Laois/Louth/Wexford, Westmeath/Carlow/Dublin v Offaly/Kildare

Last edited by bald eagle on Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Munster SFC Draw Added, thanks to Boxty.)

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Football Championship Draws 2013 Empty Re: Football Championship Draws 2013

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:46 pm

My initial opinion is that having weathered New York in Gaelic Park, we'll be in fine shape to trounce a failing Sligo in Pairc Séan before crushing an over-rated Mayo in the Connacht final which is likely to be in our favourite ground, The Hyde.....

The rest is immaterial.

Many thanks.

Fógra eile.....Have Kerry been awarded the Munster title already???
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:49 pm

I predict an AI final rematch sometime in late June.
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:00 pm

The Connacht draw looks like pairing Leitrim against the winners from the other side, hopefully Roscommon in the final.

Leinster is set to pair Meath and Dublin in the final. There's the possibility of some robust encounters here in the first round where Longford, despite their status, will get lots of it below in Aughrim. It'll hardly be a garden party between Laois and Louth either.

Some great ties in Ulster. A long route for Cavan, but should they overcome Armagh, then an Ulster final beckons. Donegal will get nothing soft in their bid for a hat-trick of Anglo Celts...The loser of Donegal/Tyrone will have a long slog of it in the qualifiers.

All in all, not so bad a draw all round.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:01 pm

Munster and Leinster both look nicely balanced on either half of the draw, but Connaught and Ulster (again) are very lopsided.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:11 pm

Im taking nothing for granted. Cavan have defeated the current All Ireland champions, even if we get past Cavan we have Fermanagh who beat Armagh's best ever team and then Monaghan/Antrim; Monaghan have thumped Armagh in the last few years. What looks easy to Armagh turns out to be difficult.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:13 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:Im taking nothing for granted. Cavan have defeated the current All Ireland champions, even if we get past Cavan we have Fermanagh who beat Armagh's best ever team and then Monaghan/Antrim; Monaghan have thumped Armagh in the last few years. What looks easy to Armagh turns out to be difficult.

Ug?
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:15 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:Im taking nothing for granted. Cavan have defeated the current All Ireland champions, even if we get past Cavan we have Fermanagh who beat Armagh's best ever team and then Monaghan/Antrim; Monaghan have thumped Armagh in the last few years. What looks easy to Armagh turns out to be difficult.

Here, GF, I'll swap ya. Rolling Eyes
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:16 pm

Toughest possible draw for Donegal (apart from meeting Tyrone in the prelim round I suppose). We got the luck the last 2 times and we might need another dose to get over Tir Eoghan. With all their lads back from injury I fully expect them to be one of the favourites.
Any way we could play this next week? Suffering from withdrawal.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:22 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:

On paper it is an easy draw and is the easier route but let's not fool ourselves, Armagh have choked against weaker teams.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:24 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:
Thomas Clarke wrote:

On paper it is an easy draw, but let's not fool ourselves, Armagh have choked against weaker teams.

You'd want to take a few lessons from the Mayo lads on how to hide absolute confidence and glee behind a facade of beal bocht. If Armagh don't reach the final it will be a disaster for them.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:26 pm

True, but would you rather be in the same half as Tyrone and Donegal again?

The reality is that there are 2 good sides in Ulster and little beyond that, so Armagh should be thinking Ulster final at least.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:26 pm

RMDrive wrote:
GAA-Fan wrote:
Thomas Clarke wrote:

On paper it is an easy draw, but let's not fool ourselves, Armagh have choked against weaker teams.

You'd want to take a few lessons from the Mayo lads on how to hide absolute confidence and glee behind a facade of beal bocht. If Armagh don't reach the final it will be a disaster for them.

It certainly will be. Donegal were handed the easy route a few years ago and fell at first hurdle. I was excited at first when I seen the draw but I do not have the confidence in this team at the moment.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:26 pm

RMDrive wrote:Toughest possible draw for Donegal (apart from meeting Tyrone in the prelim round I suppose). We got the luck the last 2 times and we might need another dose to get over Tir Eoghan. With all their lads back from injury I fully expect them to be one of the favourites.
Any way we could play this next week? Suffering from withdrawal.

a real mouthwatering draw, one that has got even me (who is scundered to the bollox watching schite football) excited.

Mickey will be relishing this one, though even if we were to beat Donegal i'd be pretty sure we would have to beat them a second time to have made any real progress.

Or will Donegal not feature next year at all?????
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:29 pm

Could someone stick this into BE's post....thanks.

Munster SFC

Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:29 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:True, but would you rather be in the same half as Tyrone and Donegal again?

The reality is that there are 2 good sides in Ulster and little beyond that, so Armagh should be thinking Ulster final at least.

Armagh shouldn't be thinking final, they should be thinking about Cavan. The toughest team Armagh will come across before the final would be Antrim/Monaghan. I am hoping it is Monaghan because Grimley knows some of the players and that would be useful.

I never said Armagh had the harder route, I am looking at it cautiously.

Last edited by GAA-Fan on Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:30 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:
I do not have the confidence in this team at the moment.

Your team are where they are, GF. Good enough to beat all the bad sides (and there are 4 of those in your half of the draw), but not good enough to beat any of the good teams (there are 2 of those in the other half). Ulster Final for Armagh.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:34 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:
Your team are where they are, GF. Good enough to beat all the bad sides (and there are 4 of those in your half of the draw), but not good enough to beat any of the good teams (there are 2 of those in the other half). Ulster Final for Armagh.

Thomas Clarke fells Jonsmith, Scoopine, GF and NSG in one swoop......Wahey!!! The 2013 Ulster c'ship starts tonight....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:14 pm

Is there dates for these. If it is in order of the draw then the donegal v Tyrone game will be very early summer so the loser ends up scratching their gonads for 5 weeks salivating at the prospect of a trip to Carlow, will be a cabin fever challenge for either team to keep the train on the track for the serious end of the qualifiers. The winners will win ulster and will make an AI final if they avoid the losers of the Munster final in the quarter final.

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:40 am

[quote="Boxtyeater"]Could someone stick this into BE's post....thanks.]

Munster SFC

Typical. Exclude the draw containg the two best teams in the country. Twisted Evil
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:18 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:Could someone stick this into BE's post....thanks.

Munster SFC

Cheers boxty, dunno how i missed this draw from the list.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  samin12 Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:10 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:True, but would you rather be in the same half as Tyrone and Donegal again?

Not being smart but in my opinion there is one brilliant team in Ulster and little beyond that. To be fair i suppose Tyrone have been plagued by injuries the past year or so but on evidence of the previous two years Tyrone are a long way behind the top teams.

samin12
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

armagh
Number of posts : 185

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:24 pm

samin12 wrote:

Not being smart but in my opinion there is one brilliant team in Ulster and little beyond that. To be fair i suppose Tyrone have been plagued by injuries the past year or so but on evidence of the previous two years Tyrone are a long way behind the top teams.

A brilliant side that were condemned to being useless after their destruction by Armagh less than 3 years ago. Makes you think what can be done with the right man in charge.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:19 pm

samin12 wrote:Not being smart but in my opinion there is one brilliant team in Ulster and little beyond that. To be fair i suppose Tyrone have been plagued by injuries the past year or so but on evidence of the previous two years Tyrone are a long way behind the top teams.

Be God ye're right...The fine draw draws out forever the runt of the litter.......See the clue-line.....Fail..
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:50 am

Whatever about getting them in the qualifiers where they have stumbled badly before, I can't see us upsetting Armagh in the Preliminary without radical improvement over the course of the year. Good to see the lads on twitter sounding hungry. "We'll take that, heads down now" "Big year ahead, training starts soon"

Anyway, Terry will not be looking to Ulster for quite a while yet, there's a tough slog in Division 3 to contend with first and he knows that relegation will mount the pressure on him and turn all the experts in Cavan against him.

Peter Donnelly is now the Cavan strength and conditioning coach, any of the Tyrone lads know anything about him?

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next