GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyrone V Donegal NFL DIV 2

+3
Boxtyeater
The Puke
mugsys_barber
7 posters

Go down

Tyrone V Donegal NFL DIV 2 Empty Tyrone V Donegal NFL DIV 2

Post  mugsys_barber Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:44 pm

Just back from the game between Tyrone and Donegal. Donegal won on a scoreline of 1-9 to Tyrones' 0-6.

If I'm perfectly honest it has to go down as the worst ever Tyrone game I have ever had the misfortune to attend.

Tyrone managed to score 1 measley point in the second half and it was a free kick. Would I expect to see Donegal being so lacklustre at home in Ballybofey as we were this evening in Omagh - Absolutely not. Although Donegal did play very defensively leaving Murphy up top on his own at times. There was a lack of any creativity from Tyrone except for the build-up to McGinley's first half score. Hub Hughes was his usual wonderful self, Stevy O'Neill was helpless, Brian McGuigan poor, I could go on all night..... Donegal then pinned us back in our own half with fifteen mintes to go and Tyrone simply hadn't anything to offer by way of a fightback.

The only positive aspect about this evening was the quality of Guinness in my local and the fact that the Mrs has just gave me a shout that the chinese takeaway is on the table. Division 3 is not out of the question for Tyrone at the minute and i ain't joking No

mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone
Number of posts : 550

Back to top Go down

Tyrone V Donegal NFL DIV 2 Empty Re: Tyrone V Donegal NFL DIV 2

Post  The Puke Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:47 pm

Disappointed to see you calling for Mickey Harte's head, mugsy....

After all the man has gone through in recent times you should be ashamed of yourself
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:48 pm

...And Obviously the Guiness has kicked in as I have posted this in the hurling forumn Tyrone V Donegal NFL DIV 2 654413

Maybe RMD you could work yer magic and get it shifted. Bad night all round methinks...........
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:48 pm

And if that wasn't bad enough you have desecrated the hurling subforum with your sh1te....
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:51 pm

mugsys_barber wrote:...And Obviously the Guiness has kicked in as I have posted this in the hurling forumn Tyrone V Donegal NFL DIV 2 654413

Maybe RMD you could work yer magic and get it shifted. Bad night all round methinks...........

RMD contemplating moving your post to create a mew masthead with same........RMD works in mysterious ways.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:52 pm

The Puke wrote:Disappointed to see you calling for Mickey Harte's head, mugsy....

After all the man has gone through in recent times you should be ashamed of yourself

Where did I mention Mickey puke?? I like 99% of the paying public tonight in Tyrone are disappointed at the performance of the players, If anything Mickey and his backroom team deserve better.
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:55 pm

mugsys_barber wrote:
The Puke wrote:Disappointed to see you calling for Mickey Harte's head, mugsy....

Where did I mention Mickey puke?? I like 99% of the paying public tonight in Tyrone are disappointed at the performance of the players, If anything Mickey and his backroom team deserve better.

The underlying message from your post was that it was a pitiful display and that the management was to blame, especially given that you said ye were pinned in your own half and had no answers would point to a shortcoming on the sideline
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:03 pm

The Puke wrote:
mugsys_barber wrote:

The underlying message from your post was that it was a pitiful display and that the management was to blame, especially given that you said ye were pinned in your own half and had no answers would point to a shortcoming on the sideline

Yes it was a pityful display but I can't blame the management for the lack of creativity from our attacking players and the lacklustre performance i witnessed tonight.

Like I say one of the worst games I have ever had the misfortune to attend, I don't think you'll find too many people who were at the game or watched it on the box that would disagree with me on this, trust me.
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:28 pm

mugsys_barber wrote:[Like I say one of the worst games I have ever had the misfortune to attend, I don't think you'll find too many people who were at the game or watched it on the box that would disagree with me on this, trust me.

I've had a PM from RMD exhorting me to have a punt on Thomas Pringle (SF) in Donegal SE at 2/1 and Donegal for Sam at 11/4 based on current form....
What think ye'....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:42 pm

When I said on the FOOTBALL forum that Antrim would beat Tyrone in the league, next year in Division 3, Bocerty said it was a football forum, not hurling.

Maybe that confused Mugsy. Question
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:46 pm

On a serious note, I watched the 2009 Ulster final and O'neill failed to score against Antrim, never a good sign. OK Brady is a star marker, but all the same. Injuries have ravaged the man, and McGuigan.

Where did all the minors go or was my theory right? Tyrone play to a "system" even at minor and it is difficult for individuals to step up. Tyrone and Mayo have had some great minor battles recently, the Mayo lads look the better individuals, but Tyrone the better team. Do we have to wait til all 15 step up?

I am actually being serious here as it is unbelievable that Tyrone are still sticking with the tried and tested.

all we need is Dooher back.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:55 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
mugsys_barber wrote:[Like I say one of the worst games I have ever had the misfortune to attend, I don't think you'll find too many people who were at the game or watched it on the box that would disagree with me on this, trust me.

I've had a PM from RMD exhorting me to have a punt on Thomas Pringle (SF) in Donegal SE at 2/1 and Donegal for Sam at 11/4 based on current form....
What think ye'....

Didn't think we were fielding any candiates in Donegal SE but the two that we are in Donegal are shoo-ins. As for backing Donegal for Sam - Aye ate away at it Boxty, a fool and his money and all that....
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  hipster 2 Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:29 am

the tyrone team have had a very hard past few weeks so i would guess they are only getting their heads around football now , i would expect them to have a good summer
hipster 2
hipster 2
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

dublin
Number of posts : 467

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:10 pm

mugsys_barber wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:

What think ye'....

Didn't think we were fielding any candiates in Donegal SE but the two that we are in Donegal are shoo-ins. As for backing Donegal for Sam - Aye ate away at it Boxty, a fool and his money and all that....

I have great confidence in RMD...if he says they're in with a real shout then it's good enough for me.......Have faith in RMD's opinion for God's sake....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:24 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
mugsys_barber wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:

What think ye'....

I have great confidence in RMD...if he says they're in with a real shout then it's good enough for me.......Have faith in RMD's opinion for God's sake....

Apologies Boxty for the lack of faith on RMD's Donegal prediction, but i do believe there is something fishy about his advice on "Sinn Fein's" Pringle getting a Dail Seat....
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:36 pm

patrique wrote:On a serious note, I watched the 2009 Ulster final and O'neill failed to score against Antrim, never a good sign. OK Brady is a star marker, but all the same. Injuries have ravaged the man, and McGuigan.

Where did all the minors go or was my theory right? Tyrone play to a "system" even at minor and it is difficult for individuals to step up. Tyrone and Mayo have had some great minor battles recently, the Mayo lads look the better individuals, but Tyrone the better team. Do we have to wait til all 15 step up?

I am actually being serious here as it is unbelievable that Tyrone are still sticking with the tried and tested.

Patrique i know exactly were your coming from and you wont find many GAA supporters in Tyrone who would argue with you but for me it raises and interesting point and it is particularly relevant at a time when we see Denis Walsh effectively ending the career of Sean Og. Does Mickey Harte have the right to tell Dooher and Co were to go or have those lads earned the right to decide themselves when to go. I know there are a whole lot of ifs and buts here and Mickeys loyalty to these lads could be considered questionable but for me it shows the respect he has for them. Hes not doing a Fergie in terms of treating them a piece of meat getting the best out of them for a few years and then slinging them to one side when they are no use to him.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:12 pm

bocerty wrote:
patrique wrote:On a serious note, I watched the 2009 Ulster final and O'neill failed to score against Antrim, never a good sign. OK Brady is a star marker, but all the same. Injuries have ravaged the man, and McGuigan.

Patrique i know exactly were your coming from and you wont find many GAA supporters in Tyrone who would argue with you but for me it raises and interesting point and it is particularly relevant at a time when we see Denis Walsh effectively ending the career of Sean Og. Does Mickey Harte have the right to tell Dooher and Co were to go or have those lads earned the right to decide themselves when to go. I know there are a whole lot of ifs and buts here and Mickeys loyalty to these lads could be considered questionable but for me it shows the respect he has for them. Hes not doing a Fergie in terms of treating them a piece of meat getting the best out of them for a few years and then slinging them to one side when they are no use to him.

Bocerty, will Art MacRory be on the panel, not too many gave more to the cause than him?

Big time sport is about performing at your peak and alas for m,any it is allabout winning. Tyrone got used to winning and many will not settle for second best.

Cody got rid of Charlie Carter and Dennis Byrne at their peak, and if Mickey wants to manage he needs to make hard decisions.

the reality is that since 2005 Tyrone have hardly been setting the world on fire. They amazed everyone, bar Liam Hayes, by winning in 2008 but apart from that they have only made one other semi, when Cork outclassed them.

Yes maybe they should have beaten the dubs last year but the Dubs were hardly world beaters.

In Tyrone's favour is the fact that there is not a great deal out there, and usually when that is the case, Kerry win out. But if Down can make the final with a side i wouldn't back to beat Antrim, I wouldn't back Antrim either but you know what I mean., well anything is possible.

I still reckon if Galvin and O'Se had played against Down, Kerry would still be champions.....
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:17 pm

patrique wrote:
bocerty wrote:

Bocerty, will Art MacRory be on the panel, not too many gave more to the cause than him?

Big time sport is about performing at your peak and alas for m,any it is allabout winning. Tyrone got used to winning and many will not settle for second best.

Cody got rid of Charlie Carter and Dennis Byrne at their peak, and if Mickey wants to manage he needs to make hard decisions.

the reality is that since 2005 Tyrone have hardly been setting the world on fire. They amazed everyone, bar Liam Hayes, by winning in 2008 but apart from that they have only made one other semi, when Cork outclassed them.

Yes maybe they should have beaten the dubs last year but the Dubs were hardly world beaters.

In Tyrone's favour is the fact that there is not a great deal out there, and usually when that is the case, Kerry win out. But if Down can make the final with a side i wouldn't back to beat Antrim, I wouldn't back Antrim either but you know what I mean., well anything is possible.

I still reckon if Galvin and O'Se had played against Down, Kerry would still be champions.....

Very True
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:17 pm

patrique wrote:
bocerty wrote:

again P i agree 100% with you on that one - i said it at the time and i say it again the treatment Art and Eugene received from the Tyrone County Board in 2002 was nothing short of disgraceful - yes they can say their actions were vindicated based on the success Mickey has had but i still feel the two men deserved better
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down