GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tipp management step down

+5
bocerty
SamiPremier08
Jayo Cluxton
redhandman
The Puke
9 posters

Go down

Tipp management step down Empty Tipp management step down

Post  The Puke Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:54 am

Hug blow for tipp hurling, especially Eamonn O'Shea who was very much the brains behind the operation
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Tipp management step down Empty Re: Tipp management step down

Post  redhandman Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:02 pm

whats the sub plot ? there has to be more to this than meets the eye.

i see LS mentions they are doing it for nowght , is he getting stiffed on his mileage or what?

i just cant see why he would quit with a young hungry team which could win 3-4 all irelands in the next 5-6 years.
redhandman
redhandman
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

tyrone
Number of posts : 545

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:30 pm

Heard from a few lads from Ballina and Portrue last July that he would be going at the end of the season regardless due to personal reasons, which I won't disclose on here as it would be in poor taste....Heard nothing on it since then but it looks as though they were fairly close to the mark
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:26 pm

Heard stuff along those lines too P - personal life comes first.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:09 pm

Didn't see that one coming - maybe because I'm a bit out of all the news over here - but huge shock. Fair play to them, they've worked brilliantly transforming the Tipperary team in the past 3 years.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:43 pm

thats a bit of a shock in fairness though if there are personal reasons then they have to be respected and i am sure he goes with a heavy heart and the backing of the whole of Tipp and further beyond. Its a case of mission accomplished for Liam, though seeing his passion for the game i have little doubt he would have liked to have hung on for another year to get another crack at Codys boys
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:16 pm

The Puke wrote:Heard from a few lads from Ballina and Portrue last July that he would be going at the end of the season regardless due to personal reasons, which I won't disclose on here as it would be in poor taste....Heard nothing on it since then but it looks as though they were fairly close to the mark

The writing was on the wall for him after being rebuffed by Pukey while attempting to be friendly....You have a lot to answer for Boyo....

Re: Tipp v Waterford
The Puke on Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:53 pm

.I actually met him recently enough above in Seymour's in Portroe, he was in watching the racing and being his usual self, he did his best to get a chat going but I refused give the c-unt the time of day.....heard he did his best to start a row with a galway player who walking off the pitch after being subbed the last day
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:03 pm

He was always going I suspect. His "hungry young team" are now sated. They won't be hungry next year, ok giving up wine, women and song to win an all Ireland, but afterwards? So it might be a few years before they are hungry again.

After winning the all Ireland, well the only way now is down, and if Cork hammer them again this year the knives would be out, again.

let's face it, wityhout a back door he was gone last May, and with two minutes to go against Galway, he was gone.

Not oinly gone but gone labelled a failure, useless, held us back for years, bring back Babs.....etc etc etc. A thin dividing line between the fickle public praising or damming you.

And I suspect Sheedy is smart enough to realise that.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:35 pm

Nicky English has reportedly declined the offer to take over Tipp for a 2nd time.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:00 pm

mossbags wrote:Nicky English has reportedly declined the offer to take over Tipp for a 2nd time.

Hmmm - perhaps he will decline once more ....... before the cock crows ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  redhandman Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:40 am

ghive her te babs !!!!
redhandman
redhandman
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

tyrone
Number of posts : 545

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:53 pm

Declan Ryan is to take over Tipp with Tommy Dunne as coach/selector
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:05 pm

Can't understand the reluctance of some to take this on - they look like being a force for years to come. Even lads who know **** all about hurling like Puke or Moss would win a Munster with that set of lads ... Twisted Evil
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:26 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Can't understand the reluctance of some to take this on - they look like being a force for years to come. Even lads who know **** all about hurling like Puke or Moss would win a Munster with that set of lads ... Twisted Evil

Nicky English knows a flash in the pan when he sees one

Tipp are one hit wonders par excellence, doubt they'll win another All Ireland this century
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:40 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Can't understand the reluctance of some to take this on - they look like being a force for years to come. Even lads who know **** all about hurling like Puke or Moss would win a Munster with that set of lads ... Twisted Evil

Don't think there was a reluctance to take it on by anyone, more so a lack of outstanding candidates...Nickey wanted the job but just couldn't due to work commitments, Ken Hogan was never a runner due to his disasterous spell with them 5 or 6 years ago.....Outside of that who else was a serious candidate for the job???? McIntyre had committed to Galway, they are left with the only other credible alternative Declan Ryan managed Tipp to a minor A/I in 2007 and left a minor A/I behind him in 2008, he should be a steady hand on the tiller but the problem is that the expectation levels will be through the roof....If Tipp don't make an A/I final next year expect the daggers to be sharpened.....
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:44 pm

mossbags wrote:Nicky English knows a flash in the pan when he sees one
Tipp are one hit wonders par excellence, doubt they'll win another All Ireland this century

Yah Moss - your U21s will piss on them - they were damn close in the Final this year ...

Puke - know what you're saying but surely there are a few good club managers or respected ex-players that are looking at this bunch and salivating. I'd say Davey would jump at it, wha'???
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:49 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
mossbags wrote:Nicky English knows a flash in the pan when he sees one

Yah Moss - your U21s will piss on them - they were damn close in the Final this year ...

Puke - know what you're saying but surely there are a few good club managers or respected ex-players that are looking at this bunch and salivating. I'd say Davey would jump at it, wha'???

Tipp wouldn't have an outside man, good help the outside man that would take them over.....Being a good club manager and being a good intercounty manager worlds apart all the same....If Tipp were still also rans then fair enough but they are now top dogs and needed someone who had either a decent track record at I/C management(nickey) or someone respected who would have trained a number of these lads at underage(Declan and tommy dunne)......

The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:06 am

Tommy is a steely eyed customer alright. I am surprised at NE all the same. There is huge (further) potential in this team and he can't exactly be craving promotion at this stage of his life - nor stuck for a few bob - and in his profession I'd be looking to get the **** out - with a little handshake ... which I am sure is available ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:15 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Tommy is a steely eyed customer alright. I am surprised at NE all the same. There is huge (further) potential in this team and he can't exactly be craving promotion at this stage of his life - nor stuck for a few bob - and in his profession I'd be looking to get the **** out - with a little handshake ... which I am sure is available ...

Nicky's holding out for the Dublin job Jayo, that's where the real money is.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:25 pm

New manager in place now Tommy Carr best of luck Tommy
mullins
mullins