GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ronde Van Vlaanderen

4 posters

Go down

Ronde Van Vlaanderen Empty Ronde Van Vlaanderen

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:55 pm

Tom Boonen will win in my opinion.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Ronde Van Vlaanderen Empty Re: Ronde Van Vlaanderen

Post  RMDrive Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:27 pm

Was he the baddie in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:40 pm

All over, great race! Fabian Cancellera beats Tom Boonen. Phillipe Gilbertt was third. Different class of acceleration from Spartucas on the final climb, Boonen had no answer. Some power. Lads on Eurosport reckon Cancellera is the second best bicycle rider in the world after Contador.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:14 am

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote: Lads on Eurosport reckon Cancellera is the second best bicycle rider in the world after Contador.

Probably a fair enough comment. Will never have the legs for a Grand Tour win, but is such a great all rounder aside from that. Time-trialling, classics, stages - i'd call him a super-domestique, but that implies someone like Jens Voigt, and he is better than Voigt ever was.

I'm also a huge fan of Oscar Freire. Not the man he was 4-5 years ago, but still one of the classiest cyclists out there. Delighted to see him wn the Milan-San Remo again last month.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:06 pm

Yeah that was Freire's third Milan San Remo since 2004, he's one of the best classic riders around now and he's got that turn of pace that allows him to win bunch finishes, arguably only Cavendish and Farrar are faster. He's retiring at the end of the 2011 season so I believe.

Yeah Cancellera is easily the best time-triallist anywhere in the world too but he can't climb well enough to mount a challenge in any of the big Tours. But great Classics rider and could win the Paris-Roubaix next weekend, although I think the race could be more in Boonen's favour. Plus he's been the bridesmaid a few times now. And I think Sagan of Liquigas could surprise everyone again.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:03 am

What is this latest row Cavendish is in with his sprinting team mate?
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:10 am

Yeah Cavendish and Griepel hardly get on well Patrique. The keys to the best seat on the HTC Columbia train at the Tour De France are up for grabs when Cav rides the Tour of California and Andre the Giant goes for the Giro.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: