GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

READ NOW WITH RESPECT

+7
Boxtyeater
bald eagle
rich dublin
Jayo Cluxton
JimWexford
mid-mon man
SamiPremier08
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

READ NOW WITH RESPECT Empty READ NOW WITH RESPECT

Post  SamiPremier08 Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:42 pm

FOR THOSE POSTERS WHO DO NOT HAVE ANY RESPECT OR DIGNITY AND HAVE POSTED JOKES OF ANY KIND ABOUT MICHAEL JACKSON'S DEATH -

A TRUE LEGEND DIED LESS THAN 24 HOURS AGO AND YOU ARE ALREADY DISRESPECTING HIS MEMORY.

THE REASON WHY ANYBODY WITH ANY KIND OF MORALS WOULD DO THIS, ESPECIALLY SO SOON AFTER HIS DEATH, IS BEYOND ME.

I AM DISGUSTING AT SOME MEMBERS OF THE TIPSTER COMMUNITY WHO I USED TO HAVE GREAT RESPECT FOR, THE LAST THING I EXPECTED WHEN LOGGING ONTO TIPSTER THIS AFTERNOON WAS "THE MICHAEL JACKSON JOKES THREAD". THAT IS SICK AND IMMORAL AND THE POSTER WHO STARTED IT AND ANYONE WHO POSTED ON IT SHOULD FEEL ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES AND REALLY NEED TO CONSIDER THEIR ATTITUDE.

IF SOME OF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE DIGNITY TO REMEMBER MICHAEL JACKSON'S PROPERLY AND RESPECTFULLY THEN I GENUINELY FEEL SORRY FOR YOU AS PEOPLE.

IT APALLS ME TO SEE THE WAY SOME PEOPLE REACT TO SUCH A TRAGEDY.

REST IN PEACE MICHAEL JACKSON.
MAY HIS MUSIC AND HIS MUSICAL INFLUENCE BE REMEMBERED FOREVER.

Like A Comet
Blazing 'Cross The Evening Sky
Gone Too Soon

Like A Rainbow
Fading In The Twinkling Of An Eye
Gone Too Soon

Shiny And Sparkly
And Splendidly Bright
Here One Day
Gone One Night

Like The Loss Of Sunlight
On A Cloudy Afternoon
Gone Too Soon

Like A Castle
Built Upon A Sandy Beach
Gone Too Soon

Like A Perfect Flower
That Is Just Beyond Your Reach
Gone Too Soon

Born To Amuse, To Inspire, To Delight
Here One Day
Gone One Night

Like A Sunset
Dying With The Rising Of The Moon
Gone Too Soon

Gone Too Soon

- Michael Jackson - Gone Too Soon
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

READ NOW WITH RESPECT Empty Re: READ NOW WITH RESPECT

Post  Guest Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:44 pm

Oh dear.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:54 pm

Christ you'd think a good musician like Gary Glitter had died

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:05 pm

I am absolutely 100% behind you Sami. The comments some have made on here go beyond comprehension in regard to morals, ethics and just plain ignorance. Some tipsters here are more like 5 year olds than adults. Michael Jackson was a human being along with the rest of us. He isn't some fictional character that people can take a swipe at and ridicule. He has a FAMILY, children and I put this question to the Tipster 'KIDS' 'would you make fun of somebody who wasn't famous and just had a heart attack and died?' Would you go up to that person's family and make a joke to them? Have some respect, as Sami said. The man is barely 24 hours dead and you're are making sick pathetic jokes about him.

He gave so much to Music etc. and gave belief to Black people across the planet that they too could enjoy the equality and maybe fame that Michael Jackson experienced.

Grow up some of ye

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:07 pm

Michael who?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:11 pm

He gave so much to Music etc. and gave belief to Black people across the planet that they too could enjoy the equality and maybe fame that Michael Jackson experienced.

mmmmmmm. thats why he made himself white is it?

Forget about it now, get back to gaa discussion

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:20 pm

samin10 wrote:He gave so much to Music etc. and gave belief to Black people across the planet that they too could enjoy the equality and maybe fame that Michael Jackson experienced.

mmmmmmm. thats why he made himself white is it?

Forget about it now, get back to gaa discussion

As far as I know.....he was black when he was born, wasn't he? And he was black when he was an adult, was he not? Yes, he became white, but what about his song 'Black and White?'
That song highlighted racism and combatted the need for change and equality.

Can you find any way that justifies the sick, inhumane comments made about Michael Jackson?

Didn't think so......

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:13 pm

EstherMayo1951 wrote:He has a FAMILY, children and I put this question to the Tipster 'KIDS' 'would you make fun of somebody who wasn't famous and just had a heart attack and died?' Would you go up to that person's family and make a joke to them?

But by the same logic a normal person who isn't famous and died of a heart-attack in his 50's wouldn't be receiving the adulation of millions and outpouring of emotion we see today. Michael Jackson had so many fans the world over who are in mourning today, but like any other famous person, and especially with the controversy that surrounded him, he had his detractors. He's not going to be mourned and respected by 100% of people whether you like it or not.

I think it's a great shame and he's definately going to be missed after his massive influence on the world of music. Jokes were always going to be fast in coming about such a public figure, just the way it is, and they're always going to make their way onto a forum such as this, there's far worse on others!
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:15 pm

mid-mon man wrote:
EstherMayo1951 wrote:He has a FAMILY, children and I put this question to the Tipster 'KIDS' 'would you make fun of somebody who wasn't famous and just had a heart attack and died?' Would you go up to that person's family and make a joke to them?

But by the same logic a normal person who isn't famous and died of a heart-attack in his 50's wouldn't be receiving the adulation of millions and outpouring of emotion we see today. Michael Jackson had so many fans the world over who are in mourning today, but like any other famous person, and especially with the controversy that surrounded him, he had his detractors. He's not going to be mourned and respected by 100% of people whether you like it or not.

I think it's a great shame and he's definately going to be missed after his massive influence on the world of music. Jokes were always going to be fast in coming about such a public figure, just the way it is, and they're always going to make their way onto a forum such as this, there's far worse on others!

I thought better of you MMM. So what if he has millions mourning, that's even more reason to show some respect. Grow up and get some dignity.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:18 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:
mid-mon man wrote:

I thought better of you MMM. So what if he has millions mourning, that's even more reason to show some respect. Grow up and get some dignity.

Couldn't have said it better myself Sami.

MMM, there is no excuse for the behaviour that some have shown on here. Don't try and make excuses they won't work. To be honest, I'm really getting fed up with some of the comments posted.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:19 pm

Some of the comments about Michael are sick, they show a lot about a person who would post them too.

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:20 pm

Why should you give this individual respect.
1. Wouldn't be a fan of his music
2. He used money to shut people up -I ain't talkin about his playing with kids yet
3. Forgot his family
4. Used his fan power to get him off with some hideous crimes against childern

Yes as MMM statesd he had fan but also he had people whom didn't like the way he pretented he waas simple yet used this and money to manipulate the system.

I find it hard to have any respect for this individual.

and all this malarky of crying for him was he related to you, did you know him personally or did he speak to you though his music that he CHARGED you for.
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:24 pm

JimWexford wrote:Why should you give this individual respect.
2. He used money to shut people up -I ain't talkin about his playing with kids yet
3. Forgot his family

Yes as MMM statesd he had fan but also he had people whom didn't like the way he pretented he waas simple yet used this and money to manipulate the system.

and all this malarky of crying for him was he related to you, did you know him personally or did he speak to you though his music that he CHARGED you for.

the charges against Jackson were never justified. So what if you don't like his music, a musical legend, a father and a man has just died. Respect that.

And Jacksons music spoke to a lot of people in many different ways, it changed some people's lifes. The countless bands and musicians he has influenced - the music spoke to them. And what are you on about charging for music? You'd rather we just all illegally downloaded then Jim? RESPECT.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:25 pm

3. Forgot his family

I cried for him because to me, he was an absolutely incredible person. He didn't forget his family-who arrived at the hospital yesterday...his family. He remained in touch with his family and how dare you say that. If youre not a fan of his music that doesnt give you the right to post evil 'jokes' about him. He was proven totally innocent after those attention-seeking kids lied about him. As for number 2, I wont even dignify that with an answer.

Jim disrespect the dead and dont spread rumours. I have no respect for you after that comment-that's my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:26 pm

3. Forgot his family

Jim, that's a load of rubbish and you know it. You're obviously a person who has been influenced by trashy tabloid newspapers.

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:32 pm

Sami, you're missing the point. I'm saying I think it's an awful thing to happen and I will miss him and his music. But the point is there are far more who are mourning him, there will always be a few who will come up with jokes and disrespect him, as there are with any public figure. Why focus on the negatives when they're not going to go away, however much you want them to? Ignore them, it's all you can do unfortunately, and focus on his life and what he did.

At the same time people are entitled to have their own opinions, Jim is entitled to his and while I think it's a sad day after all Michael Jackson did for music, you can't force everybody to think the same.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:34 pm

mid-mon man wrote:Sami, you're missing the point. I'm saying I think it's an awful thing to happen and I will miss him and his music. But the point is there are far more who are mourning him, there will always be a few who will come up with jokes and disrespect him, as there are with any public figure. Why focus on the negatives when they're not going to go away, however much you want them to? Ignore them, it's all you can do unfortunately, and focus on his life and what he did.

At the same time people are entitled to have their own opinions, Jim is entitled to his and while I think it's a sad day after all Michael Jackson did for music, you can't force everybody to think the same.

but ya can spare them having to listen to crap about their heroes.

Last edited by LilMaighEo on Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:34 pm

no MMM everyone is entitled to an opinion, but perhaps the disrespectful and immoral opinions of some of the people on this board should not be expressed. especially in such a sick and immature way.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:35 pm

mid-mon man wrote:Sami, you're missing the point. I'm saying I think it's an awful thing to happen and I will miss him and his music. But the point is there are far more who are mourning him, there will always be a few who will come up with jokes and disrespect him, as there are with any public figure. Why focus on the negatives when they're not going to go away, however much you want them to? Ignore them, it's all you can do unfortunately, and focus on his life and what he did.

So let them away scott free without saying anything. I hope you're not working in Mountjoy....

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:43 pm

EstherMayo1951 wrote:

So let them away scott free without saying anything. I hope you're not working in Mountjoy....

So people end in Mountjoy for saying (albeit distasteful) jokes? Rolling Eyes

What do you want Essie in all fairness, their IP addresses traced and then throw them in a cell? Look I know the jokes are in very bad taste, and if you even read my posts you'll see I'm simply explaining that they're inevitable after the death of such a public figure, not saying they're grand. I can totally appreciate how this will affect people who were big fans, I have a feeling no more jokes will be put up though..
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:50 pm

mid-mon man wrote:
EstherMayo1951 wrote:

So people end in Mountjoy for saying (albeit distasteful) jokes? Rolling Eyes

What do you want Essie in all fairness, their IP addresses traced and then throw them in a cell? Look I know the jokes are in very bad taste, and if you even read my posts you'll see I'm simply explaining that they're inevitable after the death of such a public figure, not saying they're grand. I can totally appreciate how this will affect people who were big fans, I have a feeling no more jokes will be put up though..

No I don't want their IP addresses. I want them to apologise-but I can understand that they may be so ignorant that they won't admit they were wrong. The jokes were terrible, as Sami said immoral and to me just totally and utterly disrespectful and thick. It shows the people who say it up for what kind of people they really are.

MMM, dont try and defend these people, because A) you cant possibly and B) they should apologise and not need someone else to fight their bitter little corners.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:56 pm

Esther - this is a public forum and people will express their opinions. As in life some things you will enjoy, some you will not. Some things will disgust you other things will make you laugh or think or cry. People are entitled to their opinion and to post. We are not here to moralise - whether we agree or disagree with some content

If some threads offend you - avoid them.

I would ask all to remember that this is primarily a GAA forum.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:57 pm

Jesus, I'd love to see where I was defending anyone! All I was saying was there were always going to be jokes, however bad that might be, and if it upsets you that much you should just ignore them. No point in going on about it any more as I don't want to be seen as fighting someones corner, especially when I'm not!
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:58 pm

exactly Esther. I am ashamed that such comments are even on this website, a website which I have tried hard to frequent, post and become a respected member upon. It is embarrasing and those who posted the comments should feel ashamed of themselves and they should apologise. Admin/Moderators should ensure that those posts are deleted and those who posted them should be punished for thinking it was in order to post them.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:59 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Esther - this is a public forum and people will express their opinions. As in life some things you will enjoy, some you will not. Some things will disgust you other things will make you laugh or think or cry. People are entitled to their opinion and to post. We are not here to moralise - whether we agree or disagree with some content

If some threads offend you - avoid them.

I would ask all to remember that this is primarily a GAA forum.

Great, I'm expressing mine.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next