GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ulster Senior Hurling Final - COME ON DOWN!!!!

+3
Jayo Cluxton
sportstime
bald eagle
7 posters

Go down

Ulster Senior Hurling Final - COME ON DOWN!!!! Empty Ulster Senior Hurling Final - COME ON DOWN!!!!

Post  bald eagle Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:55 pm

With the line up now known for the Ulster final after last weekends "semi" final i'm really hoping that Down beat Antrim.

Derry played gallantly against a Down side clearly on great form going into the game and i was proud of the boys for gettin so close to them, and now i'm really hoping that Down do the biz against Antrim, who really should be playing in one Championship or the other!!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Ulster Senior Hurling Final - COME ON DOWN!!!! Empty Re: Ulster Senior Hurling Final - COME ON DOWN!!!!

Post  Guest Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:02 pm

I agree, sorry Patrique I will support you in the big ball game but not in the hurling Antrim can't have their cake and eat it. If they wanted to be part of Leinster they should of pulled out of Ulster completely.

Back to top Go down

Ulster Senior Hurling Final - COME ON DOWN!!!! Empty Re: Ulster Senior Hurling Final - COME ON DOWN!!!!

Post  sportstime Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:47 pm

It would be funny mind if Down beat Antrim (not an impossibility) yet Antrim would still be in the race for Liam (which they won't win but technically could if swine flu affects all the other squads).

And Down ?

Ulster champions but deemed not good enough for the All Ireland.
sportstime
sportstime
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Cork
Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:53 pm

Speaking of swine flu - if you receive an email from the Dept of Health telling you not to eat tinned pork because of swine flu, please ignore it. It's just Spam! Laughing
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:14 pm

old one Jayo Exclamation

i hope Down pull it off as well, it's ridiculous Antrim being in two championships and having a place in the final of one of them without having pucked a ball. I don't know who came up with that idea.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  sportstime Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:16 pm

To be fair, Antrim would probably have beaten everyone else in the Ulster Championship well bar Down.

The draw would have ensured that they were kept apart too...
sportstime
sportstime
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Cork

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:23 pm

sportstime wrote:To be fair, Antrim would probably have beaten everyone else in the Ulster Championship well bar Down.

Considering Antrim got straight to the final that wasn't hard.

I'd have fancied Derry against Antrim if i'm honest as the Derry hurlers have improved enough to give them a good rattle. To be truthful, Down will give them a better game as they have had some mighty results recently and will be really confident. Good luck to them i say!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  sportstime Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:42 pm

bald eagle wrote:
sportstime wrote:To be fair, Antrim would probably have beaten everyone else in the Ulster Championship well bar Down.

I'd have fancied Derry against Antrim if i'm honest as the Derry hurlers have improved enough to give them a good rattle. To be truthful, Down will give them a better game as they have had some mighty results recently and will be really confident. Good luck to them i say!

I was implying that Antrim would have beaten all the other teams well bar Down IF they had played in the championship.

Sorry if that wasn't clear.
sportstime
sportstime
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Cork

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:50 pm

Up Down!!!Up Down!!!Up Down!!!Up Down!!!Up Down!!!Up Down!!!Up Down!!!
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:52 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:Up Down!!!Up Down!!!Up Down!!!Up Down!!!Up Down!!!Up Down!!!Up Down!!!

Clash - this is easier

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:49 pm

Ulster Senior Hurling Final - COME ON DOWN!!!! Empty [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ulster Senior Hurling Final - COME ON DOWN!!!! Icon_post_target [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:28 pmI can see Down, and Jingo, winning Ulster.

Wouldn't it be GREAT!!!!!

Now look at the date on that?

I have just posted about Galway stabbing each other in the back, but given the constant Belfast VG North Antrim split in hurling, half of Belfast would love to see Jingo get one over Sambo in Ulster.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:19 am

sportstime wrote:
bald eagle wrote:

I was implying that Antrim would have beaten all the other teams well bar Down IF they had played in the championship.

Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I know what you meant sporty, i was just having a dig at the Ulster Championship "draw" that saw a Leinster Championship team get straight to the final of the Ulster Championship, and if they win or lose they will STILL only have played 2 Provincial Championship games.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  bumpernut Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:16 am

Sorry lads, Ive a feeling antrim will win this one. If it comes down to a tactical battle, jingo is in trouble
bumpernut
bumpernut
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

antrim
Number of posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:19 am

Jingo may not need tactics. He has two scoring forwards to Antrim's none.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down