GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top 5 Moments when things got slightly out of hand!

+5
patrique
mossbags
johnnos bulls
Shinners
Jayo Cluxton
9 posters

Go down

Top 5 Moments when things got slightly out of hand! Empty Top 5 Moments when things got slightly out of hand!

Post  Guest Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Back to top Go down

Top 5 Moments when things got slightly out of hand! Empty Re: Top 5 Moments when things got slightly out of hand!

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:31 pm

Ha ha - good stuff Loyal. But our skirmish in 2008 was an affront to the likes of Lyons, Mullins, Harnan, Duff, McEntee and Mick Holden (RIP).
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Top 5 Moments when things got slightly out of hand! Empty Re: Top 5 Moments when things got slightly out of hand!

Post  Shinners Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:26 pm

Why is it ok when the GAA Players fight amongst themselves but when the Aussies get involved.....
Shinners
Shinners

Longford living in Dublin
Number of posts : 982

Back to top Go down

Post  johnnos bulls Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:28 pm

Things got out of hand one night after I had 2 bottles of buckfast.

I wouldn't have the derry monaghan game in it. Essendon had a real bare knuckle bout a good few years ago. Forget who it was against. Boxing from start to finish. I'll try track it down.
johnnos bulls
johnnos bulls
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Leitrim
Number of posts : 320

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:46 pm

Shocked Brian Mullins hasn't been mentioned here yet. The type of footballer who immidiatly springs to mind when that old adage, 'he lets his fists do the talking' gets bandied about.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:59 pm

McHale was very unfortunate in 96.

My son still has a photo from the paper on his bed room wall of Geraghty poking someone in the eyes in this game.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:57 pm

McHale was not unfortunate Patrique. I sat in the Cusack stand that day and watched him run 50m from midfield to wade into the middle of the thing, swinging punches as he went in. The only thing he was unlucky with was the hiding that he got when he arrived at the row.

Strange how the human eye picks out things amongst such carnage, but after it settled down I said to my father McHale over anyone should go, and he said Colm Coyle was the worst offender he saw. 2 minutes later they were the pair that got lined. Certainly a couple more should have walked with them, but neither McHale or Coyle could have any complaints.

The sad thing for Mayo was that McHale was probably their best player, whereas Coyle was Meath's weak link at that time.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:01 pm

patrique wrote:McHale was very unfortunate in 96.

My son still has a photo from the paper on his bed room wall of Geraghty poking someone in the eyes in this game.

I think we are talking about different Geraghtys, Pat? You don't mean the lad who saved somebody's life the other day, do you?

Back to top Go down

Post  old98! Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:45 pm

if jc pokes fun at me again for being 2nd to him in the hurling tipster things might get a lil out of hand
old98!
old98!
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

wexford
Number of posts : 406

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:51 pm

Ah a few years back - when I was younger (sigh!) ...........

Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  johnnos bulls Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:39 pm

Are you having a laugh there jay? Watched all 1.33 mins of that expecting him to either mistakenly knock someones head off, break the light or mirror. I wouldn't mind if he had a brown belt or a black but he was only a green.....
johnnos bulls
johnnos bulls
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Leitrim
Number of posts : 320

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:01 pm

I agree that McHale ran 50 yards to intervene, on the old Willie John McBride principle that if everyone is involved, the ref will not be able to send anyone off. However McHale doesn't actually do anything, certainly he doesn't do any damage.

As for Geraghty, wonderful talent, but not the nicest person on the field.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:53 am

I would say there could be another couple of videos to put on after dublinv meath and cork v kerry at weekend. It will be thuggery at its finest.

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:00 pm

another couple ........... thats an understatement Samin - the youtube servers will likely crash come Sunday evening there will be that much footage uploaded - i hear the refs are bringing their own PA's with them to assist with all the bookings and sendings off Laughing
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:06 pm

No lads the Ulster hurlers have moved into Leinster but the Leinster footballers do not play Ulster football ........... tongue
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:17 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:No lads the Ulster hurlers have moved into Leinster but the Leinster footballers do not play Ulster football ........... tongue

We know because you couldnt compete up here Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:05 pm

Ah now lads in fairness it won't be as bad now that Whelan's not starting! Mind you, he'll probably make up for it if/when he comes on!
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down