GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you were the GAA president......

+5
Swinford2009
Jayo Cluxton
RMDrive
bald eagle
GAA-Fan
9 posters

Go down

If you were the GAA president...... Empty If you were the GAA president......

Post  Guest Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:07 pm

5 things you out to congress do to make our games better?

1. Ban Tyrone Wink ..joking..! 1, Send Antrim and Galway back where they came from!
2. Make the new rules permanent!
3. Decrease the game to 12 aside!
4. Put names on back of jerseys
5. Get rid of the "back door"

Back to top Go down

If you were the GAA president...... Empty Re: If you were the GAA president......

Post  GAA-Fan Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:13 pm

1. Close Croke Park to other sports
2. Put more effort into promoting the GAA worldwide
3. Improve the standard of refereeing
4. Stop diving by introducing a review commitee.
5. Scrap the backdoor.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

If you were the GAA president...... Empty Re: If you were the GAA president......

Post  Guest Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:15 pm

ya cos thats all we need Paul, another fukin committee!!! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:48 pm

What would you put in place of the Back Door then lads, and a "champions league" style format is not an acceptable answer, it's crap!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:54 pm

bald eagle wrote:What would you put in place of the Back Door then lads, and a "champions league" style format is not an acceptable answer, it's crap!

Why is it crap? I think its the only way to go BE. The provinces are uneven and will therefore never be able to fairly serve as the first part of the championship. A league format will make sure that the best teams rise to the top and that all teams get a good few games. Can't see the down side myself.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:58 pm

Admin wrote:1. Close Croke Park to other sports
5. Scrap the backdoor.

1 Ok Admin - what about concerts??
2 Yep and a hybrid international game is NOT the way!
3 Free appointments at Specsavers methinks!
4 Is this like 5 people holding up 5.6, 5.5, 5.7, 5.5, 5.9 ????
5 Mmmm not sure. Depends on alternative! Us Dubs never get to use the f***ing backdoor anyway and we still can't win! Sad
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Swinford2009 Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:03 pm

5. Scrap the backdoor.

1. What about all the extra revenue they bring in because of the other sports? id say to keep it open for the big games, eg. Irl-NZ in rugby or Irl-Bra in soccer

2. There is an Aussie Rules world championship held every year that has promoted the game in numerous countries. i believe that one should be created to promote the game. you could have Hong Kong, Singapore, Western Australia, Eastern Australia, New Zealand, England, California, New York, Boston, etc....

3. Ref's need to address both team managers & captains in a meeting before the game and line out what he does & does not want to see happening. this is what they do in Soccer & Rugby and in rugby anyways it works out pretty well.

4. Dear god, not another committee!!!!!

5. Deffo agree with scrapping teh backdoor, i would like to see either a Champs League type or an all-ireland knockout!
Swinford2009
Swinford2009
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Mayo
Number of posts : 269

http://mikessportsfile.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:12 pm

Liamwalkinstown wrote:5 things you out to congress do to make our games better?

1. Ban Tyrone Wink ..joking..! 1, Send Antrim and Galway back where they came from!
2. Make the new rules permanent!
3. Decrease the game to 12 aside!
4. Put names on back of jerseys
5. Get rid of the "back door"

Why don't you just handeling the ball and it's soccer Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:13 pm

RMDrive wrote:
bald eagle wrote:What would you put in place of the Back Door then lads, and a "champions league" style format is not an acceptable answer, it's crap!

Why is it crap? I think its the only way to go BE. The provinces are uneven and will therefore never be able to fairly serve as the first part of the championship. A league format will make sure that the best teams rise to the top and that all teams get a good few games. Can't see the down side myself.

It is crasp, we used to have it in Derry and the County Board caught themselves on. The only thing it's good fro is increased player burnout, poor match attendance and poor matches.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:39 pm

The GAA has lasted 125 years without a "Champions League" format.

If ain't broke....................................................

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:43 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:The GAA has lasted 125 years without a "Champions League" format.

If ain't broke....................................................

You sure about that?

Teams that have already been beaten have the right to go play in the All Ireland yet the winners of the provinces dont get a second chance Sad
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:25 pm

1. Erect statues of famous players outside Croke Park.
2. Use a lighter ball in football, would speed up game more
3. Build a new 60,000 capacity stadium in Athlone so it is accessable to everybody. (Include a terrace)
4. Enforce a rule that players must wear shinguards(hurling+football) and helmets(Hurling)
5. Scrap yellow card rule for hurling only.
6. Have a big investigation into what county boards spend their money on.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:55 am

1. Close Croke park to foreign sports
2. have players names on the backs of their jerseys
3. Totally revamp the stadiums around the country
4. DONT scrap the backdoor system
5. put galway and antrim back in their respective provinces
6. Stop the Aussies from setting up recruitment camps around Ireland

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:43 pm

A "Champions League" style format was used in Derry for the last 2 years, and it was a bold move by the Derry C.B. at the time and they were rightly applauded for their vision.

It however transended into a disaster with the majority of "big gun" teams that would've had a chance winning the whole thing not getting past the forst group stages. That coupled with a lack of Championship intensity in the games and quite a number of "meaningless" final matches due to teams being knocked out. This led the knocked out sides and the sides that had qualified to play weaker sides in the final group game and mess up the chances of their reserve teams in their Championship.

It's not the way forward in my opinion and never will be after the disaster in Derry. I applaud the Derry C.B. for trying it, and for realising that it wouldn't work and pulling it also.

I feel that the National League should be tied in with the Championship in some way, ie you can only play for the Sam if you are in Division 1 (made up of 16 counties). This will bring an element of seriousness to the league as well as the championship with final placings seeding the first round draw.

Only one idea i have for the whole thing, and one day my voice will be heard in the halls of Croker!!!!!(I hope)

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  oisinboy Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:12 pm

5. Scrap the backdoor.

1. I was a big supporter of opening croke park. I am happy to keep it open for big names such as American football or big rugby matches. It should be kept open for concerts

2.I think there should be 6 nations style championship with a team from each country. You could have players from smaller Hurling and football county representing Ireland

3. This I agree with more courses and a top ref live at a game monitoring the ref

4. Hand out supensions to anyone who is caught out diving

5. I dont have any real feeling on the back door system
oisinboy
oisinboy
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

In a bank vault in Belfast
Number of posts : 72

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:17 pm

Was talking to Pauric Duffy there at the weekend, maybe I should have passed on some of your ideas!
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:28 pm

mid-mon man wrote:Was talking to Pauric Duffy there at the weekend, maybe I should have passed on some of your ideas!

Look at you name dropping Very Happy

I met John Barnes once!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:24 pm

Ah he's my former teacher/principal, sure he's not going to forget his star student! Wink
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:21 pm

see the "SAY SOMETHING CONTROVERSIAL THREAD" for my ultimate name dropping lads Smile
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down