GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Qualifiers - Round 3

+9
emmetryan
RMDrive
banjo
bluearmy1
Parouisa
redhandman
Real Kerry Fan
North Side Gael
Thomas Clarke
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Qualifiers - Round 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Qualifiers - Round 3

Post  Parouisa Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:23 am

mugsys_barber wrote:Seriously if Kerry cannot beat a Tyrone team that will be missing Sean Cavanagh (shoulder), Kyle Coney (groin), Ronan O Neill (Cruciate), Tommy McGuigan (Knee), Justin McMahon (hamstring), Ronan McNabb (hamstring) Stephen O'Neill (Calf), Davy Harte (Knee) they may forget about it! ....

Mugsy getting his excuses in early here!

In fairness Sean C has been very unlucky but you guys would be the first to admit has not set the world alight in the last 3/4 seasons. Tommy Mc and SON are the wrong side of building a team. Justy is a loss - Davy (also wrong side of building a team) and Coney are hit and miss. And it's giving the opportunity for the likes of Mc Curry - so you can't have it all one way lad!
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:20 am

mugsys_barber wrote:
Well the main reason I probably was dissapointed that McNeice didnt get in for a quick run was that Cassidy a midfielder was introduced for Colm Cavanagh and Niall McKenna (midfielder) was introduced for Penrose. I felt it maybe was an opportunity to blood McNeice into championship football as the game was a dead rubber at that late stage and it certainly would have benefitted Paddy more than Niall, thats all really. Whether or not he becomes a regular will probably depend on how long he hangs round a panel where the chances of an appearances are limited to 22-23 players whilst the others are just held on the panel for in house games and eventually get scundered like Mickey Murphy did in the past and the likes of Stevy mcNally and McNulty from Clonoe are feeling at the moment, With all the hard hours and disciplined training being put in its no wonder many say to themselves what am i doing here at all and decide to pull the pin.

I know what you are saying, but not everyone can get a chance. I think that the inclusions this year if Mattie Donnelly, McNabb, Clarke and now McCurry have shown that, if you are good enough, Mickey will give you a shot quite early on (none of those had played a league/championship game before this year, yet all are now featuring in the first team).

Others, as you say, have to wait longer for chances, but perhaps that is more a reflection of their ability and taking time to adjust to the required level than anything else. I quite liked the look of McNulty earlier in the year, and am sorry to see him leave. The two Coalisland men are good footballers, but personally I don't think they will ever be top inter-county players.

Mugsy - what was Mattie Donnelly like against Roscommon? There is a lot to like in him, although against Donegal he wasn't quite at the pace of the game in terms of moving the ball on. I saw he lasted the full 70 last weekend, but the radio talked about him kicking a lot of wides.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:42 pm

TC, I suppose as far as championship debuts go it was a baptism from hell against the evolving strong and disciplined Donegal unit and Mattie had the tendency to head for the corner flag and try shots from that area. In the first half last weekend he played quite safe and linked up with the receiver of the short kick outs (of which there were many) and didnt give away too much possesion compared to Carlin and McCrory, The short kick outs are risque to say the least and may be an area Kerry will work on to put pressure on. When the game opened up in the second half he linked play very well but his shooting did let him down at times as you correctly pointed out. I'd say he will probably hold his position for Sat night, however Ronan McNabb may get the nod ahead of him. It will probably hinge on whether McCarron gets a half back slot.
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone
Number of posts : 550

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:33 pm

A brace of upsets look on in the remaining two qualifier matches.

Leitrim lead Laois by 5, and Limerick asking qustions of Kildare.

Could it ever happen that Leitrim win again? Time for Seanie in Portlaoise I think.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:13 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:A brace of upsets look on in the remaining two qualifier matches.

Leitrim lead Laois by 5, and Limerick asking qustions of Kildare.

Could it ever happen that Leitrim win again? Time for Seanie in Portlaoise I think.

Seems Seanie has made all the difference in Portlaoise !!!!
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:55 pm

For a while it looked like the perfect evening and then ....
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2