GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lar Corbett returns to Tipp hurling panel

+2
bald eagle
SamiPremier08
6 posters

Go down

Lar Corbett returns to Tipp hurling panel Empty Lar Corbett returns to Tipp hurling panel

Post  SamiPremier08 Mon May 14, 2012 8:09 pm

The bar must've been losing out on publicity... Suspect

Call me cynical but it was only a matter of time.

Looking like Tipp could do with him though!
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Lar Corbett returns to Tipp hurling panel Empty Re: Lar Corbett returns to Tipp hurling panel

Post  bald eagle Mon May 14, 2012 9:11 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:The bar must've been losing out on publicity... Suspect

Call me cynical but it was only a matter of time.

Looking like Tipp could do with him though!

Post of the day young Sami!

Totally agree and the publicity this is getting is silly! Still, will help the pubs trade no harm too, most obvious comeback since DJ!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Lar Corbett returns to Tipp hurling panel Empty Re: Lar Corbett returns to Tipp hurling panel

Post  Parouisa Mon May 14, 2012 11:01 pm

Jaysus when even your own are cynical ..... Rolling Eyes

They certainly could do with him and I think Tipp fans should welcome him back with open arms. The time, effort and sacrifice involved in top-level GAA can exact a huge toll on any player - and their families/relationships. If they chose to take time out for to personal or business reasons (or whatever they bloody like actually!) that should be understood by the guy who rolls up for 70 minutes every month or so - or screams at the TV even from a bar in the UK. Cynicism is the last thing they deserve I would have thought. But then people have short memories .....
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue May 15, 2012 12:10 am

The possible career in politics/ after dinner speechs/ TV punditry gigs just weren't for Lar it seems......Lar Corbett returns to Tipp hurling panel Smile101
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue May 15, 2012 5:56 am

I don't frequent bars, they are so common. Wine bars & cafes are more my thing.

I can be as cynical as i like, i've been there and know all about sacrafice, just because you don't represent the top level counties, it doesn't make the sacrafice any less. Typical snobbery from someone who comes from a strong football county and a one year wonder hurling county!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue May 15, 2012 8:05 am

Just because I live in England doesn't mean I don't understand hurling mate.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Tue May 15, 2012 9:45 am

Lar Corbett owes nobody nothing - especially Tipp people. And top level counties doesn't come into it - nor does living in England. FFS the guy scored three goals to deny the greatest hurling team ever 5-in-a-row - and people bitch cos he opts out of the panel and then rejoins! Begrudgery is alive and well!
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue May 15, 2012 9:56 am

Parouisa wrote:Lar Corbett owes nobody nothing - especially Tipp people. And top level counties doesn't come into it - nor does living in England. FFS the guy scored three goals to deny the greatest hurling team ever 5-in-a-row - and people bitch cos he opts out of the panel and then rejoins! Begrudgery is alive and well!

Here's an idea, why don't we just not give our opinions on something, especially on a GAA forum, regarding a pretty big GAA story. That'll do wonders for the forum!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Lar Corbett returns to Tipp hurling panel Empty It's a confidence thing

Post  conormee Tue May 15, 2012 10:55 am

Myself I am glad to see him back and wish him well. The game needs a couple of shock results and a new team or two to rise.
I would live to see guys like Cha Fitzpatrick also encouraged back - especially if they would play for another team - give them a bit of freedom to chose and boost the confidence in other teams - make it competitive. Guys not making county panels in March / April should be allowed to opt into a draw to play for another squad that would welcome them. I would like counties to have to name a panel of 25 and get the remaining 5 from the open draw of players available who did not make the first 25. That would let the best players have a second chance at league or championship hurling and also hold counties to 30 player panels.
Welcome back Lar and let the recent retired guys help out an other squad elsewhere

conormee
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

UK
Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue May 15, 2012 10:57 am

Are you in the UK mate? If so, Parouisa doesn't want you to have an opinion...
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue May 15, 2012 11:10 am

conormee wrote:Myself I am glad to see him back and wish him well.
Welcome back Lar and let the recent retired guys help out an other squad elsewhere

Don't get me wrong, I am being very cynical I know, but I am happy to see Lar back. The team could certainly do with his input and all that.

But surely I'm not the only one who thinks he is taking the P a little bit?

Yes, it takes an awful lot of hard work and commitment to play intercounty hurling but, at the same time, there should be an equal amount of pride and passion, and respect, for having that opportunity.

In my (humble) opinion I think that Lar has been taking Tipp hurling on a bit of a ride and is surely relishing the publicity the whole saga has been getting him and his business.

Even today he was giving an interview to the paper, think it was the Independent, saying how he was back but don't expect him at full fitness for a few months - genuine points or a bit more publicity and the chance to get the excuses in early??

At the end of the day, Corbett knows how good he is and how much of a huge benefit he is to the Tipperary team and personally I think he's using that to get away with stuff that a lesser player certainly wouldn't even consider.

SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Tue May 15, 2012 11:13 am

It is well known why Lar left the Tipp set up and it had nothing to do with publicity or business interests.
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Tue May 15, 2012 11:37 am

SamiPremier08 wrote:Are you in the UK mate? If so, Parouisa doesn't want you to have an opinion...

More twisting and lying from the would-be journo.

BE - I am giving my opinion here on the forum - as you are yours.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue May 15, 2012 12:54 pm

Parouisa wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:Are you in the UK mate? If so, Parouisa doesn't want you to have an opinion...

More twisting and lying from the would-be journo.

BE - I am giving my opinion here on the forum - as you are yours.

Excellent, so your opinion is that i shouldn't express my opinion due to 1) the fact i live in England and 2) because Lar (Ronnie) Corbett was a good player for Tipp in the past and 3) because i didn't play for an elite hurling county i am totally unaware of the sacrafice needed to hurl for your county?

No one is unquestionable in the GAA, especially Lar Corbett! When he announced his 'retirement' myself and a mate from Tyrone both agreed that he would be back for the championship in a blaze of publicity, he is and now he and his bar are getting more mentions on twitter than possibily any other GAA story this week! Great publicity, and free too!

I am a big fan of the majority of what you post Par, but this time you've had a stinker!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Tue May 15, 2012 1:02 pm

Well it was a slap at all bar stool pundits but the particular English reference was a little poke at a boy who spends most summers bemoaning the fact that he either can't get a pub showing the match or they won't let him in cos he's 8 and a half.

Also, again you mention elite - I made no such reference in my post at all - again it has nothing to do with elite - it could be someone playing for Leitrim or even Carlow.

Unfortunately I forgot that all attempts at humour and banter and the like have long since been frowned upon on this forum .....

Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Tue May 15, 2012 1:04 pm

conormee wrote:Myself I am glad to see him back and wish him well. The game needs a couple of shock results and a new team or two to rise.
I would live to see guys like Cha Fitzpatrick also encouraged back - especially if they would play for another team - give them a bit of freedom to chose and boost the confidence in other teams - make it competitive. Guys not making county panels in March / April should be allowed to opt into a draw to play for another squad that would welcome them. I would like counties to have to name a panel of 25 and get the remaining 5 from the open draw of players available who did not make the first 25. That would let the best players have a second chance at league or championship hurling and also hold counties to 30 player panels.

Interesting conormee - but could see something like this leading to a lot more Seanie Johnston's springing up .....
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue May 15, 2012 1:08 pm

Parouisa wrote:
conormee wrote:Myself I am glad to see him back and wish him well. The game needs a couple of shock results and a new team or two to rise.

Interesting conormee - but could see something like this leading to a lot more Seanie Johnston's springing up .....

Don't agree with this at all! We don't want Dub or KK rejects taking up space on our panel! Coming up here, nicking our places!!!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Tue May 15, 2012 1:10 pm

Lar Corbett never retired or said he was retiring, he simply walked off the panel earlier in the year. The whole thing was linked with a disagreement to with one of the management team
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue May 15, 2012 1:13 pm

Seriously Parouisa who the fook do you think you are?

Every time I post anything on this forum I am met with some sarcastic or belittling comment from you based on my age or the place I live.

What is the point?

You spend all your time posting stuff winging about the lack of contributors to this site but do you ever wonder why nobody can be bothered?

Maybe it's because they come on here looking for a friendly chat or, indeed, a serious debate but are simply rebuked by you behaving like a complete a-hole, judging people on their personal background rather than the value of their contribution and constantly hammering home your own opinion, using repetitive personal asides - some might say insults - and then claiming at the end you are trying to be funny?

It's getting boring now.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Tue May 15, 2012 1:19 pm

Stop fooking lying and twisting my posts and all will be well I reckon. You seem verbose enough to compete so go for it.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue May 15, 2012 2:27 pm

Parouisa wrote:Stop fooking lying and twisting my posts

hahahahahaa
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Tue May 15, 2012 2:28 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:
Parouisa wrote:Stop fooking lying and twisting my posts

hahahahahaa

Now you have it ...... Smile
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down