GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Property Tax ...

+3
The Puke
bald eagle
Boxtyeater
7 posters

Go down

Property Tax....To pay or not to pay.

New Property Tax ... Tag1050%New Property Tax ... Tag10 50% 
[ 3 ]
New Property Tax ... Tag1033%New Property Tax ... Tag10 33% 
[ 2 ]
New Property Tax ... Tag100%New Property Tax ... Tag10 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
New Property Tax ... Tag1017%New Property Tax ... Tag10 17% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

New Property Tax ... Empty New Property Tax ...

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:20 am

This Government are nothing short of a disgrace. The austerity measures being implemented are literally tearing the arxe out of it altogether. Naturally those being affected most are those who can least afford it, ie. parents with young families, distressed homeowners and small-holders in disadvantaged areas.
The staunch Fianna Failers here warned you all, in advance of the election, of the pitfalls of electing a Fine Gael led administration but our advice fell on deaf ears it seems. Lack of experience, spineless negotiators, fearful of the Merkosy axis, all in all, unsuited to the rough and tumble of European politics and "playing hardball" with those they see as their superiors.

Sadly, all that is left for us now is to unite and fight for ourselves... They can pay the bondholders, bankers and speculators with money better spent on education, health and infrastructure...It's time to call a halt and put our own people before German banks etc.,

Say No to property tax before it's €1k per annum.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

New Property Tax ... Empty Re: New Property Tax ...

Post  bald eagle Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:41 am

Property tax? Is this like the God forsaken Council Tax that i pay (just shy of £1300) in the UK? For that you own the police, fire brigade and get your bins collected once a fortnight if your lucky!

Do they still have bin tags there in the 26 or was that just a Dublin thing? I remember going in2 a shop with this bird i was knockin off at the time and she bought some tag things to get the bins emptied, i always found that strange, why buy them when you could just take them off someone elses and put them on yours?

Anyhow, back to topic, JS WILL find a loophole and will save the day!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:24 am

tis Fianna Fáil that made this country great before and it is Fianna Fáil that will make this country great again. Roll on Easter 2014 and our glorious rise back into power
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:13 am

bald eagle wrote:
Do they still have bin tags there in the 26 or was that just a Dublin thing? I remember going in2 a shop with this bird i was knockin off at the time and she bought some tag things to get the bins emptied, i always found that strange, why buy them when you could just take them off someone elses and put them on yours?

They do still have bin tags in Dublin. It's a result of the last time Joe "I haven't found anything I won't protest against" Higgins tried to organise a boycott.

Everyone in the countryoutside of a few of the cities had been paying for bin collection for years, when the local councils in Dublin finally introduced bin charges. Higgins led a campaign of non-payment, the final result of which was the privatisation of bin collection in Dublin, meaning that not only are there now bin charges, but they are completely at the discretion of private companies.
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:38 pm

Gas to see Joe H and Richard Spoiled Brat Barrett protesting about EBS workers not getting their month's pay bonus. They want a bonus for the employees of the people that they constantly tell us that ruined us - go figure.

Where the fook are we going to get the money lads? Property tax is inevitable - its the people who are looking for the boycott that make me laugh - all on well over 100k. And the exemptions - some of whom have more than anyone. The 'tax' was agreed under the terms of the agreement that FF entered into with our bankrollers. Some people have very short memories but tis that sort of blind thinking and short sightedness that have us where we are. Do you expect a new administration to turn years of financial madness around in a few months? Clowns.

Any TD advocating the breaking of the law should lose his seat automatically. Stop reading the fooking papers and listening to the arxeholes, fence sitters and uneducated Fourth Estate - vested interests all - and think for yerselves.

Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:34 pm

More of this type of thing I say should be a €100 a month
Its flat taxation as opposed to progressive taxation - I'm all in favour of the former.

Strange that we have an national outcry about €100 a year and the pension levy remains in place without a whimper- Now that something to really give out about.

To put the Pension levy in perspective - Joe higgins will enjoy a pension of €70k a year odd once he retires from the Dail which if he was in the private sector he would have had to have accumulated contributions + investment growth (if any) of up to €2m

The pension levy would set him back €20,000 a year

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:15 pm

I'm fairly seething here with the trend this thread has taken, particularly with Beagles invocation of the council tax.

I was out last night on a sort of a "party" night with the Dauber amongst others and true to form, Dan had the makings of an idea.

At the height of the Celtic tiger days, our local doctor was fairly pixxed off with this Monday morning sickness lark and bestowed upon Boxty (the fine upstanding citizen) a sheaf of his letterheads for completion when the occasion arose..Manys' the Sunday Boxty would scrawb out the oul' note "Parouisa suffering from depression...2 weeks therapy" or whatever suited.

These became known locally as "the Boxty note"...Of course, these couldn't be given out willy nilly, there may have been New Property Tax ... Food-s48 involved....

In any event the Dauber reckons that these, what he terms medicinal issues, should be invoked in defiance of this fiscal imposition along the lines of "Bald Eagle is gone in the head and doesn't know whose round it is"....

I'm looking to the likes of Puke, JS and OMAR to flesh this out a bit and see where we stand...Derisory comments are unwelcome.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:13 pm

Exemption for houses in "Unfinished Estates" seems to be a very loose term.
Loose terms allow for creative opportunities.

I know on my own estate the stone wall around the orchard on the east shore of the lower lake is in a very poor condition. An attempt was made to rebuild this in late late Autumn but once the water table rose in the October floods the task remains "unfinished". The tennis court could also do with being re-lined.

futher analysis to be done here - and legal counsel has been instructed.

for those living in more densely populated conurbations - A pellet gun attack on the street light bulbs
and the removal of any loose kerbing may allow scope for savings and contributions from neighbours towards cost of "said ammunition and Dutch courage"
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:17 pm

Blueshirts like Parouisa would really sicken your shít.

Freestate prícks
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:14 pm

OMAR wrote:Exemption for houses in "Unfinished Estates" seems to be a very loose term.
Loose terms allow for creative opportunities.

I know on my own estate the stone wall around the orchard on the east shore of the lower lake is in a very poor condition. An attempt was made to rebuild this in late late Autumn but once the water table rose in the October floods the task remains "unfinished". The tennis court could also do with being re-lined.

futher analysis to be done here - and legal counsel has been instructed.

for those living in more densely populated conurbations - A pellet gun attack on the street light bulbs
and the removal of any loose kerbing may allow scope for savings and contributions from neighbours towards cost of "said ammunition and Dutch courage"

All wise and good OMAR, but not fully encompassing the dilema the Dauber and moi are in....Rustics dependant upon septic tanks (taxable) living in disadvantaged areas (Reps aid savaged by 60%) turbary rights revoked and you're expected to have your car taxed at all times...

Ah! here.........
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:08 pm

Lads Fianna Fail aren't even going on with this protesting muck only those Independent TD's who want to keep their seats in the next election.

Those who need Mortgage Interest Relief will not have to pay this tax. We are in a big hole and it will take a long time to recover. We can do three things:
1. Meet the arrangements with the IMF and continue getting aid to fund the state.
2. Pull out of the Euro, go back to the punt and try re-enter the markets Rolling Eyes
3. Tell the Germans etc to f**k off and refuse to pay back our debt.

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow
Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:22 pm

Boxty

What I would suggest is that yourself and Dauber get your hands on a Digital camera and the use of a mini-bus. Round up a dozen potential tax-payers and ferry them off to Leitrim village or some other spot
where some Einstein decided it would be a good idea to build apartment blocks in a village in the least densly populated part of Western Europe. Line up the taxpayers outside of a few half built half caged off rat infested piles of rubble.- untarmaced roads - Kerbless paths etc etc.

Stick together some form of a 2 page print out with a few photos and pass this off as "This is where I live - survey of local habitation environment" with a stamp of authentication (maybe an old Stamp from Local Library or Post office would serve as official looking)- Charge €50 a pop with a €25 a year annual update fee (change the year and reprint) Likelehood of someone coming down from the Pale to verify this is slim
and if that happens - I suggest outsourcing the problem cross border. There are a few lads down Kinawley direction who are not overly busy since the firework season ended.
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:39 pm

I knew all along my faith in the likes of OMAR would pay dividends, him "knowing" a cousin of Boxty's...
I have further ammunition:
Boxty Mór spent 40 years with a legal firm in town. Amongst "his papers" the current Boxty has sourced a stamping pad/yoke bearing the insignia of the said firm. It's in topping order, the lettering is spot on, all is required is an ink pad....

Something along the lines of "Because of mental frailties Boxty is exempt" stamped by local solicitor (coughs) might suffice...

Any advice...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:41 pm

OMAR wrote:Boxty

What I would suggest is that yourself and Dauber get your hands on a Digital camera and the use of a mini-bus. Round up a dozen potential tax-payers and ferry them off to Leitrim village or some other spot .

Where the fook would I find them around here.....Fooks sake Omar, it's help I'm looking for, not some Bear Grylls adventure....Grrrrr
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:51 pm

Hang on, what the fook did i suggest to deserve an attack? Pull back Boxty, retreat i say and quick! You dont want to see an angry baldie! A complete out of order attack so just fookin pay up! No more tea and sympathy from me!!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:06 pm

bald eagle wrote:Hang on, what the fook did i suggest to deserve an attack? Pull back Boxty, retreat i say and quick! You dont want to see an angry baldie! A complete out of order attack so just fookin pay up! No more tea and sympathy from me!!

Here Baldy, we're not concerned about your council tax....I'm to the pin of me collar here, what with the fodder situation, grant aid cut, Christmas, grandchildren and a multiplicity of other issues. I'm crunching valium tablets by the dozen to stay sane...

I'm facing septic tank charges, household charges, cuts in the aid supplement and a raft of further impositions and you get the hump.!!

Younger, smarter forumites, drivers of prestige cars are trying to come to my assistance without me facing jail..
If you want to be part of the solution please stop being part of the problem.....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:37 pm

The Puke wrote:Blueshirts like Parouisa would really sicken your shít.

Freestate prícks

I'd say you're an expert on pricks alright.

Typical too of the blind fooking eejits that have us where we are. If this country is to ever recover the vote should be taken from people like you.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:51 pm

Parouisa wrote:
The Puke wrote:Blueshirts like Parouisa would really sicken your shít.

Freestate prícks

I'd say you're an expert on pricks alright.

Typical too of the blind fooking eejits that have us where we are. If this country is to ever recover the vote should be taken from people like you.

Here, calm down. It's a forum board, bitta banter, Gaa season slack, a few lads having a bit of a laugh...
New Property Tax ... Untitl34
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:53 pm

Connoisseurs of whikky (known suspects) like this...........
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down