GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should 13 a side be trialled competitively?

3 posters

Go down

Should 13 a side be given a chance.

Should 13 a side be trialled competitively? Tag1060%Should 13 a side be trialled competitively? Tag10 60% 
[ 3 ]
Should 13 a side be trialled competitively? Tag1040%Should 13 a side be trialled competitively? Tag10 40% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

Should 13 a side be trialled competitively? Empty Should 13 a side be trialled competitively?

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:03 am

Granted it takes a couple of years to effect a rule change, due to Congress dictat, but does the Forum think that 13 a side deserves to be trialled, let's say in lesser competitions ie. FBD League/O'Byrne Cup. All opinions welcome...

The poll attached calls for a Y/N answer, no option for ambivalent answers, like trying it in Leitrim......
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Should 13 a side be trialled competitively? Empty Re: Should 13 a side be trialled competitively?

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:37 am

I've voted yes to this. It has been raised or discussed here before and soundly beaten, but whatever faults it may have, it deserves a trial in my opinion. For me, it opens up the return to skillful players being given the opportunity to display and execute their years of youthful training in the most fundamental skill of the game ie. the use of the long, accurate kick.
I'm bored to death with big, semi-athletic, disciplined lads hell bent on achieving "success" through stamina and possession abilities.

For what it's worth, to anyone who wishes to participate, the game of the year was Tyrone V Dublin, where the use of the foot ruled. Long, raking deliveries combined with a desire to play some positive attacking football...

More space + more use of skills..
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Should 13 a side be trialled competitively? Empty Re: Should 13 a side be trialled competitively?

Post  bald eagle Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:46 pm

I voted yes too Boxty. Reason being that i would love to see just what it would bring to the game and what it would take away from the game.

People are saying it is the way forward so i would like to see if it would be a success.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:24 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:Granted it takes a couple of years to effect a rule change, due to Congress dictat, but does the Forum think that 13 a side deserves to be trialled, let's say in lesser competitions ie. FBD League/O'Byrne Cup. All opinions welcome...

The poll attached calls for a Y/N answer, no option for ambivalent answers, like trying it in Leitrim......

FFS Rolling Eyes
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:25 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:I've voted yes to this. It has been raised or discussed here before and soundly beaten, but whatever faults it may have, it deserves a trial in my opinion. For me, it opens up the return to skillful players being given the opportunity to display and execute their years of youthful training in the most fundamental skill of the game ie. the use of the long, accurate kick.
I'm bored to death with big, semi-athletic, disciplined lads hell bent on achieving "success" through stamina and possession abilities.

For what it's worth, to anyone who wishes to participate, the game of the year was Tyrone V Dublin, where the use of the foot ruled. Long, raking deliveries combined with a desire to play some positive attacking football...

More space + more use of skills..

FFS Rolling Eyes
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down