GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the catholic church and religion in general

+9
SamiPremier08
bocerty
Jayo Cluxton
bluearmy1
North Side Gael
bald eagle
Woolyfan
The Puke
hipster 2
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

the catholic church and religion in general Empty the catholic church and religion in general

Post  hipster 2 Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:47 pm

well after todays news i just hope that every church and their other property is locked and no one ever allowed to enter demolished land sold off and the money raised is giving to help council the abused and also to help the poor as jesus wished , AND I JUST HOPE PEOPLE IN GENERAL WILL COP ON ABOUT RELIGION AND THE EVIL IT HELPS BRING , and all these people who helped paedo priests should be locked up our ambassador in the vatican should be recalled and there one here expelled and an arrest warrant issued to those in the vatican who held back information , until we start serving out real justice in this country we will never recover
hipster 2
hipster 2
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

dublin
Number of posts : 467

Back to top Go down

the catholic church and religion in general Empty Re: the catholic church and religion in general

Post  The Puke Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:57 pm

hipster 2 wrote:well after todays news i just hope that every church and their other property is locked and no one ever allowed to enter demolished land sold off and the money raised is giving to help council the abused and also to help the poor as jesus wished , AND I JUST HOPE PEOPLE IN GENERAL WILL COP ON ABOUT RELIGION AND THE EVIL IT HELPS BRING , and all these people who helped paedo priests should be locked up our ambassador in the vatican should be recalled and there one here expelled and an arrest warrant issued to those in the vatican who held back information , until we start serving out real justice in this country we will never recover

Ssssssssssssssshhhh!!!!!!

Be caeful about knocking the catholic church around these parts hipster, a few people were very put out when I had the cheek to suggest that the Catholic church in Ireland was morally bankrupt back a few months back

Agreed, this has been criminal behaviour from men in a position of power and they should have criminal proceedings brought against them
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

the catholic church and religion in general Empty Re: the catholic church and religion in general

Post  Woolyfan Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:13 pm

I cannot understand why nobody come onto defend our mother church.it wouln't happen u know where Shocked

Woolyfan
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

kilkenny
Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:04 pm

This is the kind of sh1t they have been reduced to, so out of touch with modern society it boggles the mind

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Mass goers walk out
Published on Friday 29 July 2011 16:43

A NUMBER of Massgoers walked out of church during Mass on Saturday evening when a priest described the Minister of Justice as‘Jewish and non practising’.

Fr Eddie Conway preached at three Masses at the Black Abbey over the weekend. One Massgoer contacted the Kilkenny People to express his digust at the content of the priest’s sermon.

“At the start of his sermon he said that the church had been in the news over the sex abuse scandals and that it had been a bad week for the church. He said that the scandal was a bad thing but that there was a bigger agenda that would become obvious in the next short while. He said that the agenda was been set by people who have a vested interest against the church including the Minister for Justice, Alan Shatter, who he described as Jewish and non practising and an athesist Minister and that child sex abuse was been used to get at the church. He said that the sex abuse scandal was bad but that there was a lot more going on. I was digusted by his remarks. They were bizarre and off the wall. I was not having any of it so I walked out and brought my children with me,” he said. He added that at least two other adults also walked out.

The Prior of the Black Abbey, Fr Louis Hughes told the Kilkenny People that he had not attended the Mass in question. He said that he had received no complaints from members of the public regarding the sermon and that there would have been priests outside the church when Mass ended as is the normal practice. He added that he has spoken to the priest but would not comment on the contents of their conversation. Fr Conway told the Kilkenny People that he had ‘been told not to speak to the media.”

The comments followed the publication of the Cloyne Report which revealed that Bishop John Magee refused to co operate with the gardai in relation to reports of child sexual abuse in his diocese and the Taoiseach Enda Kenny’s historic speech which spoke of the dysfunction, disconnection, elitism and narcissism of the church in downplaying the rape and torture of children.

Spokesperson for the Dominican Order Father Bernard Treacy said that he ‘could not stand over those comments if they were made’ and was not in a position to comment further on the matter.

The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:09 pm

The Catholic Church is dead to me, i've paid the fine and got out a long time ago! Im very happy being Agnostic, you believe what you want, just don't spout your sh1te to me!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:38 pm

What a loathsome cnut Sean Brady really is, poisonous individual

Cardinal tells GAA: Stop sports fixtures clashing with Mass

CARDINAL SEÁN BRADY has asked GAA clubs to stop scheduling games at the same time as Sunday morning Mass.

The Primate of All Ireland wrote to GAA leaders in Armagh, Louth, Derry and Tyrone making the request after priests in the archdiocese raised concerns about throw-in times, the Irish News reports (print edition). It’s understood that county games are not held on Sunday mornings, but lower-level club fixtures sometimes are.

The complaint echoes concerns raised by the Church three years ago, when it warned there was an “ever-increasing frequency in the scheduling of underage training sessions and competitive games on Sunday mornings”.

The Catholic Church did not immediately respond to requests for comment today.

Cardinal Brady’s request comes as a Mayo priest has complained that Croagh Patrick was becoming “secularised” by charity and sporting events. Fr Frank Fahey told the Sunday Times (subscription) that the mountain should keep its “sacred” meaning and association with the Church. “There are plenty of other mountains where many of these events could be held,” he said.

The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:46 pm

While i agree with the right of opinion, it doesnt matter what the organisation if it brings happiness to lives it should continue to exist, those who abused the trust which it created should be punnished, for example, protestants in the north are quite angry at the fact that the church of ireland is not under the same scrutiny yet has had many abusers found within its ranks.

The catholic church as an organisation is correct in its faith in my opinion, however those guilty of crimes against children or others, should be treated the same as common criminals, as should those who covered it up, including the Irish government cabinet, which included Bertie ahern who is also guilty of further crimes against the people in terms of finance.

Im not defending the catholic church their performance throughout this who situation is shambolic and disgraceful, to say it should be shut down i disagree as it brings people hapiness and comfort, it certainly needs a total revamp and so on, maybe these are the issues we should be bringing to the UN and Eu to have these revamps coordinated on an international bases, to bring more scrutinisation to the church on a broader front.

We need to bring those to justice and ensure the same can never happen again, not take away something that is good because those who are bad. Look at Fr Darcy and Fr McCaffery
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim
Number of posts : 1199

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:49 pm

The Puke wrote:What a loathsome cnut Sean Brady really is, poisonous individual

Cardinal tells GAA: Stop sports fixtures clashing with Mass

CARDINAL SEÁN BRADY has asked GAA clubs to stop scheduling games at the same time as Sunday morning Mass.

The Primate of All Ireland wrote to GAA leaders in Armagh, Louth, Derry and Tyrone making the request after priests in the archdiocese raised concerns about throw-in times, the Irish News reports (print edition). It’s understood that county games are not held on Sunday mornings, but lower-level club fixtures sometimes are.

The complaint echoes concerns raised by the Church three years ago, when it warned there was an “ever-increasing frequency in the scheduling of underage training sessions and competitive games on Sunday mornings”.

The Catholic Church did not immediately respond to requests for comment today.

Cardinal Brady’s request comes as a Mayo priest has complained that Croagh Patrick was becoming “secularised” by charity and sporting events. Fr Frank Fahey told the Sunday Times (subscription) that the mountain should keep its “sacred” meaning and association with the Church. “There are plenty of other mountains where many of these events could be held,” he said.

Brady should recieve what many of us disagree with!
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:55 pm

North Side Gael wrote:While i agree with the right of opinion, it doesnt matter what the organisation if it brings happiness to lives it should continue to exist, those who abused the trust which it created should be punnished, for example, protestants in the north are quite angry at the fact that the church of ireland is not under the same scrutiny yet has had many abusers found within its ranks.

The catholic church as an organisation is correct in its faith in my opinion, however those guilty of crimes against children or others, should be treated the same as common criminals, as should those who covered it up, including the Irish government cabinet, which included Bertie ahern who is also guilty of further crimes against the people in terms of finance.

Im not defending the catholic church their performance throughout this who situation is shambolic and disgraceful, to say it should be shut down i disagree as it brings people hapiness and comfort, it certainly needs a total revamp and so on, maybe these are the issues we should be bringing to the UN and Eu to have these revamps coordinated on an international bases, to bring more scrutinisation to the church on a broader front.

We need to bring those to justice and ensure the same can never happen again, not take away something that is good because those who are bad. Look at Fr Darcy and Fr McCaffery

As i have said on other threads I have no problem with Catholicism or anyone who wants to believe in it, i would never knock anyone for their spiritality or religious beliefs as long as they aren't trying to force it on others, if someones wants to believe in the teaching of the catholic church and lives their life by it more power to them if it helps them through the day. I do have a problem witn the church as an organisation which i believe is now morally bankrupt and has been crying out for reform for years, and I will continue to treat the organisation with contempt & derision until they change from their antiquated and backward ways
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:23 pm

The Puke wrote:
North Side Gael wrote:While i agree with the right of opinion, it doesnt matter what the organisation if it brings happiness to lives it should continue to exist, those who abused the trust which it created should be punnished, for example, protestants in the north are quite angry at the fact that the church of ireland is not under the same scrutiny yet has had many abusers found within its ranks.

As i have said on other threads I have no problem with Catholicism or anyone who wants to believe in it, i would never knock anyone for their spiritality or religious beliefs as long as they aren't trying to force it on others, if someones wants to believe in the teaching of the catholic church and lives their life by it more power to them if it helps them through the day. I do have a problem witn the church as an organisation which i believe is now morally bankrupt and has been crying out for reform for years, and I will continue to treat the organisation with contempt & derision until they change from their antiquated and backward ways

As a practicing catholic i have to agree with you. Your 100% in the right.
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:34 pm

The Sierra Club and the U.S. Forest Service were presenting an alternative to the Wyoming ranchers for controlling the coyote population.

It seems that after years of the ranchers using the tried and true method of shooting or trapping the predators, the Sierra Club had a "more humane" solution to this issue.

What they were proposing was for the animals to be captured alive. The males would then be castrated and let loose.

The ranchers thought about this amazing idea for a couple of minutes. Finally an old fellow wearing a ! big hat (TR dallas?) in the back of the hall stood up, tipped his hat back and said:

"Son, I don't think you understand our problem here. These coyotes ain't f**kin' our sheep ... they're eatin' 'em!"

Back to top Go down

Post  hipster 2 Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:42 pm

great to see a legend aka dhorse come on to this site
hipster 2
hipster 2
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

dublin
Number of posts : 467

Back to top Go down

Post  bluearmy1 Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:41 pm

You should all remember that while certain individuals in the Catholic church acted according to their own agenda, many of those media outlets, "journalists" and other writers also have preconceptions about the Catholic church and are too acting according to their own agendas. The Church has done a lot of good for this country and personally I am sickened to see the vast majority of clergymen who are good honest people being tarred with a brush that has a fair bit of truth in it, but also a fair bit of conspiracy obsession, half-truths, and ill-informed opinions.
bluearmy1
bluearmy1
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Down
Number of posts : 307

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:14 pm

Some of them just don't get it. A walking and constant PR disaster to put it mildly.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Thu May 03, 2012 12:32 pm

How does Carindal Brady sleep at night.

A horrible rotten organisation which needs to be ran from this country.
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Thu May 03, 2012 2:14 pm

Careful now!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sat May 05, 2012 12:14 pm

The Puke wrote:How does Carindal Brady sleep at night.

A horrible rotten organisation which needs to be ran from this country.

Whatever about the rights and wrongs of this whole unsavoury episode is it only me who finds it stomach churning that the likes of Martin McGuinness has the cheek to say the church is in denial mode. Take a good f...king look in the mirror you hypocrite before jumping up on your pedestal and giving everyone a lecture.

The same could go for Enda Kenny and the rest of the self centred pr!cks who think they are whiter than white.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Sun May 06, 2012 3:45 pm

He has now had several chances to come out and say he was wrong and resign, i dont normally agree with "elected" representatives but in this case someone needs to put pressure on this man. My fear though is that even though i agree they are just words and nothing pro active will be done to remove him from his position of power in the church in Ireland.

The good samaritan in the bible didnt just text his superior and walk on did he?
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue May 08, 2012 7:55 am

The church has got a lot to answer for and personally I'm completely disenfranchised by religion.

People can follow it if they wish, fair enough, but to me the church is the biggest bunch of hypocrites you will ever come across.

Throughout history the church have preached for peace and love, whilst religion has single-handedly causing huge amounts of death and destruction.

Take almost any event in history (excluding natural disasters) where large numbers of people have died and religion will be a key factor somewhere. The Crusades, Mary I burning Protestants, the Holocaust, the Troubles, Iraq. The list is endless.

That's without mentioning centuries of corruption at all levels - the church bribing people into paying them money in return for "salvation from purgatory" for themselves or their family.

Our magnificent old religious buildings, Vatican city, the lot, all paid for by helpless people terrified into parting with their money under completely false pretences.

And then the church has the nerve to claim to be an institution of peace and morality.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue May 08, 2012 1:31 pm

North Side Gael wrote:He has now had several chances to come out and say he was wrong and resign, i dont normally agree with "elected" representatives but in this case someone needs to put pressure on this man. My fear though is that even though i agree they are just words and nothing pro active will be done to remove him from his position of power in the church in Ireland.

The good samaritan in the bible didnt just text his superior and walk on did he?

So it's not OK to have Brady as head of Catholic church but it's grand that we have any amount of terrorists past and present running the assembly including one holding the position of deputy first minister, why would he resign when these other f@@kwits are allowed to continue in their positions of authority???????
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Tue May 08, 2012 6:44 pm

bocerty wrote:
North Side Gael wrote:He has now had several chances to come out and say he was wrong and resign, i dont normally agree with "elected" representatives but in this case someone needs to put pressure on this man. My fear though is that even though i agree they are just words and nothing pro active will be done to remove him from his position of power in the church in Ireland.

So it's not OK to have Brady as head of Catholic church but it's grand that we have any amount of terrorists past and present running the assembly including one holding the position of deputy first minister, why would he resign when these other f@@kwits are allowed to continue in their positions of authority???????

One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter!

What about the millions of innocent people murdered by governments across the western world inc here in Ireland, does this mean they are terrorists too and should resign?

Bottom line, Brady was given trust as a man of god, he failed that trust, he failed to play by the rules he enforced on the Irish people, and most importantly he allowed childrens lives to be destroyed.
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue May 08, 2012 10:11 pm

North Side Gael wrote:
bocerty wrote:

What about the millions of innocent people murdered by governments across the western world inc here in Ireland, does this mean they are terrorists too and should resign?

Bottom line, Brady was given trust as a man of god, he failed that trust, he failed to play by the rules he enforced on the Irish people, and most importantly he allowed childrens lives to be destroyed.

NSG do you actually read your posts before submitting them????? How many rules have our politicians broke, and how many more childrens lives were ruined by these mens (and womens) actions????
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Wed May 09, 2012 9:10 am

Boc. I agree with part of your argument. We have our present political leaders (Kenny and Gilmore) waving the 'high moral ground' flag forgetting that their parties in the seventies covered up one of the greatest mass murders in the history of the state. Files destroyed,Garda investigation called off after 6 weeks and much more.Hyprocites yes.
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed May 09, 2012 12:35 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote:Boc. I agree with part of your argument. We have our present political leaders (Kenny and Gilmore) waving the 'high moral ground' flag forgetting that their parties in the seventies covered up one of the greatest mass murders in the history of the state. Files destroyed,Garda investigation called off after 6 weeks and much more.Hyprocites yes.

That's it RKF I don't for one minute condone Bradys actions in fact I think they were down right disgusting and I can't begin to imagine what these children and their families went through, I recently discovered that someone I have known for a while and whom I considered almost an odd ball and very quiet and introvert was the victim of abuse by a family member who was a priest. It made me sick to the pit of my stomach when I found out the reason for this individuals odd behaviour.

However it makes me equally sick when I hear these whiter than white a55holes indulging in a point scoring exercise by calling for Brady to step down. What Brady done was totally wrong but these other muppets have skeletons in the cupboard which are as bad if not worse.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Fri May 11, 2012 10:31 am

bocerty wrote:
North Side Gael wrote:
bocerty wrote:

NSG do you actually read your posts before submitting them????? How many rules have our politicians broke, and how many more childrens lives were ruined by these mens (and womens) actions????

If you want to start a thread about lying/corrupt politicians go and do so then, plenty to talk about, maggie thatcher, george bush, gerry adams, their all there, go for it but dont come on here in a forum about religion talking about politicians when the thread is about religion, this thread is about religion ie bradys actions or in actions not what politicians do or dont do.
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next