GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyrone GT news

+23
Gaa_lover
emmetryan
Armaghgeddon
bald eagle
Parouisa
The Puke
scoopmine
OMAR
bluearmy1
redhandman
hipster 2
Real Kerry Fan
GAA-Fan
Grenvile
RMDrive
Loyal2TheRoyal
patrique
Boxtyeater
bocerty
Thomas Clarke
Jayo Cluxton
mullins
mugsys_barber
27 posters

Page 6 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next

Go down

Tyrone GT news - Page 6 Empty Re: Tyrone GT news

Post  bluearmy1 Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:36 pm

Bluearmy preferred Mark Poland's goal against Armagh Smile

But seriously, as good as Tyrone have been I can't see them winning Sam this year. What I would say though is this....Dublin haven't been great (but I feel they will get better), Cork in my opinion are a lot more vulnerable than many believe, and Kerry have the Tyrone hoodoo. The only way for Tyrone to win Sam is if all the above teams continue to underperform...they may well do so but even at that I think Tyrone are now a clear level behind what they were a few years ago and if the face any of the above teams who start to hit form, they just aren't gonna make the cut.
bluearmy1
bluearmy1
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Down
Number of posts : 307

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:48 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:One of the great goals.......if not the greatest.

What a fooking goal that was.. Just sheer audacity and skill.. That along with the timing, setting, and atmosphere surely make it one of the best we've seen.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:38 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:One of the great goals.......if not the greatest.

Who was that in goals? His last game I suspect.........
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:40 pm

It seems Mulligan has gone, some say to help his club but I think they are already doomed to relegation.
I reckon he imagines he has more to give than McGuigan or Dooher.

I agree with him.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:50 pm

Sure Jordan retired a few weeks ago and is playing again. I expect the same here.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:11 pm

[img]Tyrone GT news - Page 6 Scan0411[/img]

Every since Mugsy waltzed through the Dublin defence with his wonder goal in 2005, The Dubs had to adopt a new defensive formation to stifle his effectiveness on the game........
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone
Number of posts : 550

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:12 pm

Very good MB!
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:30 am

mugsys_barber wrote:Every since Mugsy waltzed through the Dublin defence with his wonder goal in 2005, The Dubs had to adopt a new defensive formation to stifle his effectiveness on the game........

We are so sad if he has left the panel ..... a lovely man ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:22 pm

Tyrone V Armagh fixed for 7pm on Saturday in Healy park. One definite absentee is Steven O'Neill who aggravated his hamstring in training on Saturday. Both Hub Hughes and Marty Swift are back in full training again.
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:22 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:Sure Jordan retired a few weeks ago and is playing again. I expect the same here.

Somehow I would feel that Jordan without the benefit of intense intercounty level training would stay closer to his natural fighting weight than Mulligan.

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:59 pm

Breaking news:
This wont come as much of a shock to most people but Mulligan has re-joined the Tyrone panel and probably is in line for a start V Armagh on saturday.

Personally I'm glad to see him back in the fold but unhappy at the hissy fits and dummy spitting incidents going on within this years panel. Mickey doesn't need all this crap after the terrible year he has had.
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  redhandman Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:13 pm

I am gonna stand up for mugsy here, I heard from a very reliable source that he was never away and somebody was twisting with the press , he has played more football this yr than in 08 why didn't he walk then ?
redhandman
redhandman
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

tyrone
Number of posts : 545

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:51 pm

redhandman wrote:I am gonna stand up for mugsy here, I heard from a very reliable source that he was never away and somebody was twisting with the press , he has played more football this yr than in 08 why didn't he walk then ?

I'll agree with your point that he didn't play much ball in '08 and patiently waited in the wings, but the fact of the matter is that he was AWOL from training Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Given the fact that Coney, Red Sean and McCarron have all spat the dummy over this past number of weeks and Mulligan seems to have adopted a similar ploy its totally the wrong way to go about things and an additional headache that Mickey Harte doesn't need.

On a side note Ciaran Gourley has pulled the pin a number of weeks ago, he unlike the forementioned players was well down he pecking order.
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  scoopmine Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:48 am

Good to see hes back I love abit of flair and I hope we can see a few dummy solos and shimmeys!
scoopmine
scoopmine
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan
Number of posts : 264

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:59 pm

mugsys_barber wrote:
redhandman wrote:I am gonna stand up for mugsy here, I heard from a very reliable source that he was never away and somebody was twisting with the press , he has played more football this yr than in 08 why didn't he walk then ?

I'll agree with your point that he didn't play much ball in '08 and patiently waited in the wings, but the fact of the matter is that he was AWOL from training Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Given the fact that Coney, Red Sean and McCarron have all spat the dummy over this past number of weeks and Mulligan seems to have adopted a similar ploy its totally the wrong way to go about things and an additional headache that Mickey Harte doesn't need.

On a side note Ciaran Gourley has pulled the pin a number of weeks ago, he unlike the forementioned players was well down he pecking order.

i thought Gourley retired after last season Mugsy - didnt even know he was still on the panel this year
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:19 pm

He has indeed been on the panel Boc, to the great delight of doctors and physios all over the country.

Still, good to see that he has now done the decent thing.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:06 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:He has indeed been on the panel Boc, to the great delight of doctors and physios all over the country.

Still, good to see that he has now done the decent thing.

Definitely agree with that TC, A reliable foot soldier for Mickey over the years but he should have stepped off the bus along with McCullagh and Mellon at the end last year, i think he was 9th in line for a start after the first 6 defenders were selected the year and his time was well and truly up as far as county football goes.
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:28 pm

Tyrone (SFC Qualifier v Armagh): P McConnell; M Swift, Joe McMahon, R McMenamin; Sean O'Neill, C Gormley, P Jordan; K Hughes, S Cavanagh; C Cavanagh, B McGuigan, P Harte; T McGuigan, M Donnelly, K Coney.

Four changes from the side that started against Longford. I hear that both Justin McMahon and Aidan Cassidy are both injured. Mugsy didn't get his starting place and I'm starting to think along the same lines as RHM when he stated that He never left the panel in the first place and it was a ploy between Harte and Mulligan to get all club league games put on the long finger until after Tyrone finish the championship (in September)
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Tyrone GT news - Page 6 Empty FAO Thomas Clarke.....

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:13 am

What's the story with Penrose?? Dropped, a huff or injured??

My opinion of him has been documented here before, but a reasonable citeóg nonetheless.......
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:01 am

Nor related to current events...

But was up in Clonoe earlier visiting the grave of my great great uncle Fr Rock. Not really sure about the history of it all, but know that he setup the first GAA club in Cookstown but do any of you Tyronies know why he was buried in Clonoe and not Cookstown? - Guessing he moved parish?
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:02 am

Boxtyeater wrote:What's the story with Penrose?? Dropped, a huff or injured??

My opinion of him has been documented here before, but a reasonable citeóg nonetheless.......

Never a big fan ... as TC knows!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:13 am

Jayo Cluxton[b] wrote:[Never a big fan ... as TC knows[/b]!

+1....Or should it be -1....

Mediocre as he was, Pascal Canavan was more reliable..Or the brother,what's his name?

Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  redhandman Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:25 am

cant see that being the starting team TBH i think there could be 3-4 changes to that...

maybe mugsy will start ? is justy mcmahon injured? will brian carty be commentating ?! who knows!....
redhandman
redhandman
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

tyrone
Number of posts : 545

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:42 pm

good result for Tyrone at the weekend thought it certainly was no real shock. Could easily have won by much more but for a number of scorned goal chances, 4-5 i think i counted.

Didnt make it to the game (tossed a coin and the missus won Sad Sad Sad Sad ) but by all accounts it was a great game with a great atmosphere. Big Joe was outstanding going by the reports i heard and young Peter Harte put in another impressive performance as did Swift at corner back. Mark Donnelly has been a big bonus this year also and chipped in with 3 points. Ricey seemed a bit of the pace and got called ashore after a booking but the introduction of Justy McMahon as his replacement seemed to turn the game in our favour. I thought Hearty could have done better with both goals especially the first were he made a complete t1t of himself.

All roads lead to Croker this weekend were we will meet the Rossies. Its a bit like the s/f in 08 were we met Wexford we are expected to win and we should win but i dont think it will be as comfortable as some would like to think.

On a side issue we have had another walkout, Niall McKenna has now left the panel - its almost gettign like Big Brother were one gets evicted every week. Getting a bit silly at this stage ..............
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Tyrone GT news - Page 6 Empty Where are our Tyrone posters...

Post  mullins Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:18 pm

Just wondering are you all well

Very quiet since the draw knowing that the Dubs await yee..

If you scrape past the rossies Cool
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down