GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favourite hymns .....

2 posters

Go down

Favourite hymns ..... Empty Favourite hymns .....

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:26 am

This is mine .....

Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Favourite hymns ..... Empty Re: Favourite hymns .....

Post  OMAR Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:26 am

Topical topic this one

I am in infrequent churchgoer of the RC variety - XMAS - weddings -etc - but tend not to get too worried about the whole "is there a god thing" - As paying mortgage and getting kids to school etc tend to be things I can do something about

Any how I digress
I've been invited to a wedding at the end of the month that is in a Presbeteryian Church (could even be Free Presbetyrian ?) in what would be termed a "god fearing" "bible reading" part of the world - The day includes such highlights as pre service "rest - tea and sandwiches in the village hall" and I'm sure no end of Hymn singing. There have even been rumours of a "dry bar" at the hotel reception but I am hoping that is a wind up.

So anyone know whats the protocol for someone who would be termed tone deaf - base -
Do you mime - stay sitting down or give it leather ?
Anyone been to one of these type of events. - I presume skipping service - village hall and propping up the hotel bar
(even if I drank Bushmills) is a no no ?

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:32 am

Absolutely can't help - never been to anything like that - thankfully! I'd say its the Free Presbyterians though OMAR - you always get the free gigs! Razz

I usually mime cos I haven't a note in me head! At least you won't have to mime to Amhrán na bhFiann!!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down