GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journalist Investigated

+5
Jayo Cluxton
OMAR
Real Kerry Fan
Thomas Clarke
The Puke
9 posters

Go down

Journalist Investigated Empty Journalist Investigated

Post  The Puke Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:45 pm

From RTE.ie

A prominent national newspaper journalist is being investigated on suspicion of having unlawful carnal knowledge of a teenage girl.

Gardaí in Dublin began the investigation after it emerged there had been inappropriate contact between the adult and the child.

The investigation is believed to have begun in the last month following a complaint from a family member.

Detectives have interviewed the girl who is in her mid teens.

They have also examined a phone and found text messages had been exchanged.

Gardaí have yet to speak to the journalist about the allegation
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Journalist Investigated Empty Re: Journalist Investigated

Post  The Puke Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:22 am

This is far from the thread I set up....

The world and his wife knows it was a well known journalist and it is being discussed on plenty of other forums yet we ain't allowed to mention names....
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:30 am

The thread you set up was totally unnecessary and inappropriate. You might want to re-read the line from your selected article which says:

"Gardaí have yet to speak to the journalist about the allegation"

Maybe best to wait and see if he is charged and convicted of a crime, before making snide comments about camogie teams.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:35 am

Thomas Clarke wrote:The thread you set up was totally unnecessary and inappropriate. You might want to re-read the line from your selected article which says:

"Gardaí have yet to speak to the journalist about the allegation"

Maybe best to wait and see if he is charged and convicted of a crime, before making snide comments about camogie teams.

There is no smoke without fire, I don't recall anyone getting bent out of shape over Rickie Nixon and his carry on which there was a thread on, there was no criminal charge either.......

Why can we discuss one and not the other, like I say the world and his wife know at this stage
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:39 am

Hold your fire Puke. Names cannot be mentioned to protect the girl's name been bandied about. Also due process has to take place. Innocent until proven guilty.
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:41 am

There is enough evidence of Gardai abuse of power especially in my former part of the world
without giving them power to make a man guilty by virtue of "helping with enquiries"

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:42 am

OMAR wrote:There is enough evidence of Gardai abuse of power especially in my former part of the world
without giving them power to make a man guilty by virtue of "helping with enquiries"

Indeed, this will run and run though, I heard something very interetsing the other day about this but seeing as ye all have your knickers in a twist I won't post it on here....If true then it would suggest the actions of a guilty man
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:52 am

The Puke wrote:
OMAR wrote:There is enough evidence of Gardai abuse of power especially in my former part of the world

Indeed, this will run and run though, I heard something very interetsing the other day about this but seeing as ye all have your knickers in a twist I won't post it on here....If true then it would suggest the actions of a guilty man

Heard probably same story and most likely true. Great writer but if guilty should face the consequences.
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:58 am

Real Kerry Fan wrote:
The Puke wrote:

Heard probably same story and most likely true. Great writer but if guilty should face the consequences.

Thought he has gone off the boil for a few years, but was excellent at times before....Like most things in life all he can do is take it on the chin and take whatever punishment he gets

The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:12 am

I understand he has not been questioned yet as he is in treatment.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:15 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:I understand he has not been questioned yet as he is in treatment.

I heard something very similar
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:16 am

And being closely watched for fear of doing something stupid ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:18 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:And being closely watched for fear of doing something stupid ....

Already tried I believe
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:20 pm

Lads, very sensitive stuff here and I'm going to take the cautious route and delete anything that even hints at an identity. Most other boards are taking the same approach.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:21 pm

Shocking if true...
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:12 pm

The Puke wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:And being closely watched for fear of doing something stupid ....

Already tried I believe

The Belfast Telegraph carried an article stating that it was alleged that person was undergoing medical care having made an attempt to take his/her own life.
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:06 pm

Named and shamed in the Sunday World today
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:09 pm

RMDrive wrote:Lads, very sensitive stuff here and I'm going to take the cautious route and delete anything that even hints at an identity. Most other boards are taking the same approach.

Proper order RMDrive.

I wonder what the purpose of this thread is, if it even has a purpose.

Dosen't seem to be a matter that should concern anyone on here.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:15 pm

The Thread had no purpose when the matter under discussion was an internet rumour.

The story and the journalist at the centre of the allegations has now been published in a paper that about 20% of the people on this island read even if the author former tribune scribe Mike McCaffrey stretches the definition of the term " journalist".

Clearly the person at the centre of the allegations has not yet spoken to Gardaí and no charges have yet been made however once that fact is recognised it is no more or no less relevant that any other topic. The fact that many people respect his journalistic work is beside the point if charges are made the issue is as serious as offences commited by clergy members or swimming coaches.
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:09 am

greatest days for Dublin hurling and the man who championed it for years now in the ***** ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  whiterbananas Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:55 pm

Probably best not to discuss this yet as nobody really knows what went on. The one thing i would say is that priests (or whoever) abusing children is not quite the same thing as 2 people doing something consensual, one of whom may have been just a few months short of being legally entitled to have sex. Im not saying its right in any way, but it's not quite the same thing
whiterbananas
whiterbananas
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

mayo
Number of posts : 327

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:01 pm

whiterbananas wrote:Probably best not to discuss this yet as nobody really knows what went on. The one thing i would say is that priests (or whoever) abusing children is not quite the same thing as 2 people doing something consensual, one of whom may have been just a [strike]few months [/strike] Three years short of being legally entitled to have sex. Im not saying its right in any way, but it's not quite the same thing

Fixed that for you
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  whiterbananas Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:07 pm

You dont know that OMAR. I know this is hard to believe but not everything that appears in the sunday world is always true!
whiterbananas
whiterbananas
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

mayo
Number of posts : 327

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:15 pm

whiterbananas wrote:You dont know that OMAR. I know this is hard to believe but not everything that appears in the sunday world is always true!

Indeed

But my legal advice tends to suggest that if I paraphrase a published document - even if it is the Sunday world
I'm on safer ground than trying to guess.

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: