GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BOD not God ....

5 posters

Go down

BOD not God .... Empty BOD not God ....

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:35 pm

Well well! BOD has lost a big fan in JC with this crack! You never turn your back on the Northside - ever - and NEVER to defect to the Southside. This would be like NSG becoming a Linfield supporter! Bad move BOD - bad move! Evil or Very Mad

O'Driscoll praised as role model

Wed, Mar 30, 2011

IRISH RUGBY captain Brian O’Driscoll was officially made an honorary southsider by Dún Laoghaire Rathdown County Council last night.

The council awarded the civic honour to the sportsman who grew up in Clontarf in north Dublin.

“I am at heart a northsider but at the same time I schooled in Blackrock and subsequently I live over here. It’s an adaptation of the southside of me,” Mr O’Driscoll told reporters.

Mr O’Driscoll said he was “honoured” to be given the award and explained his affinity with the area.

I love this part of the city, it’s where I see my home now,” he said. Referring to his wife, actor and author Amy Huberman, he said: “I married a southside girl myself and I just love where we live. I love the area and I love everything it gives me.”

Council cathaoirleach Lettie McCarthy (Labour) said the sportsman was “only a baby” when born on the northside so he had no choice. “When he reached the right age he moved to the southside,” she added.

The local authority also awarded the first Brian O’Driscoll Rugby Scholarship to Andrew Boyle of University College Dublin’s rugby team.

The bursary, worth some €5,000, will be given by the council each year to help a young rugby player in Dún Laoghaire Rathdown to attend UCD.

Mr O’Driscoll was a “good role model” for young people which was needed now more than ever when “all sections of society have let our youngsters down”, Ms McCarthy said.

Mr O’Driscoll emphasised the important role that sport had in tackling obesity and helping people to stay fit and healthy.

“Sport is not just a job but a life choice for me and other people. I believe in what I do. I believe it has a knock-on effect,” he said.

Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

BOD not God .... Empty Re: BOD not God ....

Post  OMAR Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:16 pm

You would think the €5k could at least be used to help someone else emmigrate

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:28 pm

It would appear that the "September Double" dream has imploded before March is out. Gilroy and Daly will not be pleased with this turn of events.
The chief egg-chaser has been exposed as a me féiner, throwing the natives at each others throats.

Leo Varadkar to hold a press conference outside Coppers at 21.00hrs......
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:45 pm

Eh well my bod is great thanks very much Smile
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath
Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:34 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Well well! BOD has lost a big fan in JC with this crack! You never turn your back on the Northside - ever - and NEVER to defect to the Southside. This would be like NSG becoming a Linfield supporter! Bad move BOD - bad move! Evil or Very Mad

O'Driscoll praised as role model

Wed, Mar 30, 2011

IRISH RUGBY captain Brian O’Driscoll was officially made an honorary southsider by Dún Laoghaire Rathdown County Council last night.

The council awarded the civic honour to the sportsman who grew up in Clontarf in north Dublin.

“I am at heart a northsider but at the same time I schooled in Blackrock and subsequently I live over here. It’s an adaptation of the southside of me,” Mr O’Driscoll told reporters.

Mr O’Driscoll said he was “honoured” to be given the award and explained his affinity with the area.

I love this part of the city, it’s where I see my home now,” he said. Referring to his wife, actor and author Amy Huberman, he said: “I married a southside girl myself and I just love where we live. I love the area and I love everything it gives me.”

Council cathaoirleach (Labour) said the sportsman was “only a baby” when born on the northside so he had no choice. “When he reached the right age he moved to the southside,” she added.

The local authority also awarded the first Brian O’Driscoll Rugby Scholarship to Andrew Boyle of University College Dublin’s rugby team.

The bursary, worth some €5,000, will be given by the council each year to help a young rugby player in Dún Laoghaire Rathdown to attend UCD.

Mr O’Driscoll was a “good role model” for young people which was needed now more than ever when “all sections of society have let our youngsters down”, Ms McCarthy said.

Mr O’Driscoll emphasised the important role that sport had in tackling obesity and helping people to stay fit and healthy.

“Sport is not just a job but a life choice for me and other people. I believe in what I do. I believe it has a knock-on effect,” he said.

Fook him traitor he just sold is soul for a few euros...Who does Lettie McCarthy think she is
This is a job for

YETTI.. Evil or Very Mad
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:50 pm

Mullins badly rattled by this expose......
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:57 pm

Very misgruntled and misappointed with BOD on this one. He was probably Mr Fooking Northside when the lads played in Croker for 4 years!

'No problemo Lads - yis'll be fine with me when we cross the Liffey. Mullins is onside and the compadres will do us proud. Look there's the 5 Lamps (he says pointing to a Clerys bag)."

And now its 'Oh roight lads - I was really crapping my kaks over there. Like the guys in the street are rougher than Chabal and when they have a ruck someone always dies'.....

Stay away BOD ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:00 am

From the West Wing to the Northside

He may only be visiting the country for a brief time but it seems US President Barack Obama is about to fulfil a lifelong dream by making a cameo on an Irish TV soap.

Obama - channels his inner Irishman
'Fair City' is bracing itself for the arrival in May of Bela Doyle's long-long cousin, Seamus O'bama-Doyle who is dropping up to Carrigstown via Washington and of course Moneygall.

Washington insiders report that the President has been practicing his one line for what we are told is a brief but pivotal appearance.

'Seamus' will drop into McCoy's to catch up with Bela who will ask him "Can the country ever get itself out of this mess?" to which he will respond "Yes, we bleedin' can!".

We might have lost BOD but we have O on board now Exclamation
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:18 pm

I note BOD got a yellow card the other night. That'll learn him .... Very Happy
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:55 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:I note BOD got a yellow card the other night. That'll learn him .... Very Happy

Ya can take the man outta the northside but ya can't take the northside outta the man..
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath
Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum