GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tommy Mc Guigan facing ban

3 posters

Go down

Tommy Mc Guigan facing ban Empty Tommy Mc Guigan facing ban

Post  Guest Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:59 pm

Tyrone attacker Tommy McGuigan may be facing a four-week ban following an incident involving Derry's Sean Marty Lockhart during last Saturday's NFL clash at Omagh.

The Central Competitions Control Committee met on Tuesday to review evidence of the incident, and are expected to propose a four-week suspension for the Ardboe clubman, which would rule him out of Sunday week's final round NFL Division 1 game against Mayo. If that happened, McGuigan would have the option of appealing to the Central Hearings Committee.

Back to top Go down

Tommy Mc Guigan facing ban Empty Re: Tommy Mc Guigan facing ban

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:13 pm

NiamhDerry wrote:Tyrone attacker Tommy McGuigan may be facing a four-week ban following an incident involving Derry's Sean Marty Lockhart during last Saturday's NFL clash at Omagh.

The Central Competitions Control Committee met on Tuesday to review evidence of the incident, and are expected to propose a four-week suspension for the Ardboe clubman, which would rule him out of Sunday week's final round NFL Division 1 game against Mayo. If that happened, McGuigan would have the option of appealing to the Central Hearings Committee.

Don't be robbing threads .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:16 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
NiamhDerry wrote:Tyrone attacker Tommy McGuigan may be facing a four-week ban following an incident involving Derry's Sean Marty Lockhart during last Saturday's NFL clash at Omagh.

Don't be robbing threads .....

You what...?!

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:18 pm

You are well aware Niamh that clubs and/or counties will appeal these suspensions as far as the European courts or the pheckin' UN if they think fit.
Serve your suspension and get on with it. Sad
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:50 pm

I know, as I said on the other side TmcG only deserves a 4 weeks ban, but if teh CCCC don't issue him with an 8 week ban they will be left with egg on their faces over the Ricey incident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:07 am

NiamhDerry wrote:I know, as I said on the other side TmcG only deserves a 4 weeks ban, but if teh CCCC don't issue him with an 8 week ban they will be left with egg on their faces over the Ricey incident.

Is that egg-fried rice? Laughing
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:56 am

Niamh if you remember correctly ricey got a 6 week ban to start of with so surely Tommy deserves six weeks too, after all he committed or attempted to commit the same crime - the reason Ricey got 2 extra weeks was because he appealed it and the appeal failed.

I wonder would you be so interested in ban if was a Derry fella who carried out the act. Evil or Very Mad
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:08 am

bocerty wrote:Niamh if you remember correctly ricey got a 6 week ban to start of with so surely Tommy deserves six weeks too, after all he committed or attempted to commit the same crime - the reason Ricey got 2 extra weeks was because he appealed it and the appeal failed.

I wonder would you be so interested in ban if was a Derry fella who carried out the act. Evil or Very Mad

I have said on the other side Barry Mc Goldricks case should be looked at because his discipline isn't too powerful at the moment, the Cavanagh incident accompanied with giving P. Joyvce a dead leg last week.

The 2 weeks can have been solely for appealing can it? I thought it was because they thought 8 weeks fitted the incident.

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:58 am

in actual fact Niamh you can have a ban doubled if you unsuccessfully appeal the original ban.

We all know Tommy is getting a ban and it should be 6 weeks if we are talking about consistency - but we all know it will be 4 and therein lies a major problem within the GAA - the punishment is designed to fit the face rather than the crime.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:29 pm

bocerty wrote:in actual fact Niamh you can have a ban doubled if you unsuccessfully appeal the original ban.

We all know Tommy is getting a ban and it should be 6 weeks if we are talking about consistency - but we all know it will be 4 and therein lies a major problem within the GAA - the punishment is designed to fit the face rather than the crime.

Sure you know yourself they will try and squeeze as much out of Tyrone County Board as they can as well.

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:05 pm

4 weeks confirmed tonight.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:23 pm

Tried to say that on the darkside but DBPC cry Anti Tyronism.

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:08 pm

NiamhDerry wrote:Tried to say that on the darkside but DBPC cry Anti Tyronism.

Look girl, I have no interest in posting there anymore apart from on our own board, but that's being invaded by head cases from everywhere, so hence I abstain totally.
Again, the moderation process is too slow for my liking and posts get edited/slashed/distorted.
If I post an out of order post here I fully expect a missive to "correct" my attitude and I will abide by that, but overly aggressive and self propagating mé féiners I cannot abide.
Good luck with the betting thread.....I've missed it. Sad
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:12 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
NiamhDerry wrote:Tried to say that on the darkside but DBPC cry Anti Tyronism.

Look girl, I have no interest in posting there anymore apart from on our own board, but that's being invaded by head cases from everywhere, so hence I abstain totally.
Again, the moderation process is too slow for my liking and posts get edited/slashed/distorted.
If I post an out of order post here I fully expect a missive to "correct" my attitude and I will abide by that, but overly aggressive and self propagating mé féiners I cannot abide.
Good luck with the betting thread.....I've missed it. Sad

No you haven't deadline is tomorrow night

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down