GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FAO Clash

+5
Boxtyeater
JimWexford
The Puke
clash-of-da-ash
mossbags
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

FAO Clash Empty FAO Clash

Post  mossbags Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:04 pm

Do you reckon Mullagh have a prayer against Port next week? I've heard whispers that this actually the draw they were hoping for but that might well be ***** talk. Could be a lot closer than many think however. Can't see past Bridge, Mellows and the Town in the other games
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

FAO Clash Empty Re: FAO Clash

Post  clash-of-da-ash Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:50 pm

Didn't see them so far this year but they should be able for Mullagh. Mullagh have some good players Calahan, 2 Dervans, Coone and Glennon but nobody in the same class as Canning. I'd expect him to rack up a fare score against Mullagh. Would you say they will Conor Dervan on Joe Canning?

In the other games I could nearly see TAD beating Mellows. They've been good so far this year. Tommy Larkins could also shock the bridge. I'd say the final 4 will be Portumna, Loughrea, TAD and Larkins.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:58 pm

I've seen Mellows a couple of times this year and they look solid enough, would expect them to dispose of TAD handily enough to be honest. Conor has to mark Joe I would have thought. If the Mullagh defence can raise their game to the occasion they have some hope but difficult proposition in the face of Port's immense firepower at this level. Will be interesting to see how this is priced up as PP have Port @ 1/7 for the title and Mullagh joint 2nd favourites @ 11/1
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:05 am

When you look at the teams left Mullagh are probably the only team capable of beating Portumna, Mullagh's hurt from last year could drive them on. Apart from Hayes and the 2 Cannings Portumna are ordinary enough but still better than most club sides.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:10 am

clash-of-da-ash wrote:When you look at the teams left Mullagh are probably the only team capable of beating Portumna, Mullagh's hurt from last year could drive them on. Apart from Hayes and the 2 Cannings Portumna are ordinary enough but still better than most club sides.

Chunky, Lynch and the Smiths are serious operators at this level. Martin Dolphin too although Im told he hasn't hasn't progressed as much as he might have, still early days for him though. Agree though that if Port are to be caught it is only Mullagh can do it and the QF is the best opportunity for anyone else to make this happen. Niall Cahalane is seriously under-rated as a hurler and he could well inflict a lot of damage and orchestrate things. Could well be a cracker. Any word on times, venue's?
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:13 am

mossbags wrote:
clash-of-da-ash wrote:When you look at the teams left Mullagh are probably the only team capable of beating Portumna, Mullagh's hurt from last year could drive them on. Apart from Hayes and the 2 Cannings Portumna are ordinary enough but still better than most club sides.

Chunky, Lynch and the Smiths are serious operators at this level. Martin Dolphin too although Im told he hasn't hasn't progressed as much as he might have, still early days for him though. Agree though that if Port are to be caught it is only Mullagh can do it and the QF is the best opportunity for anyone else to make this happen. Niall Cahalane is seriously under-rated as a hurler and he could well inflict a lot of damage and orchestrate things. Could well be a cracker. Any word on times, venue's?

Didn't young Dolphin do his cruciate
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:15 am

I would say 2 weeks time. But for Loughrea Portumna would be looking at 6 in a row and 8 if it wasn't for Athenry.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:38 am

The Puke wrote:

Never heard this myself, will investigate
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:45 pm

Port's firepower proved too much in the end for Mullagh.
Victories too for Clarenbridge and TAD. Loughrea ahead of Craughwell at the moment.
Draw for semi's in the morning but as things stand another championship for Port looks a mere formality at this point.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:33 pm

mossbags wrote:
The Puke wrote:

is the investigation any closer to a finish
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:18 am

The Puke wrote:
mossbags wrote:
The Puke wrote:

is the investigation any closer to a finish

Investigation complete. Results at hand.

Publication with-held at this point because of LITIGATION.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:00 pm

Loughrea got done in the SF. They know it, Portumna know it, The rest of the County knows's it but the problem for Loughrea is that the rest of the county couldn't give a fook about them, dirty shower of dirty fook's. There would be a general consesus that the best thing that could happen to Galway hurling is Potumna getting beat but no one wants Loughrea to be the ones to do it.
Clarenbridge on the other hand look primed, and they have every chance of going all the way this year, ye heard it here on GT 1st!!
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:20 am

mossbags wrote:Loughrea got done in the SF. They know it, Portumna know it, The rest of the County knows's it but the problem for Loughrea is that the rest of the county couldn't give a fook about them, dirty shower of dirty fook's. There would be a general consesus that the best thing that could happen to Galway hurling is Potumna getting beat but no one wants Loughrea to be the ones to do it.
Clarenbridge on the other hand look primed, and they have every chance of going all the way this year, ye heard it here on GT 1st!!

I think teams have the fear factor when facing Portumna and show them too much respect, Loughrea have the hurlers good enough to beat Portumna and if they hurl like they did in the last 15 mins they can beat Portumna.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:30 am

Dunno Clash, Loughrea's whole approach seemed based on stopping Port playing as opposed to playing too much, if any, hurling themselves. Wouldn't be to quick to blame them either after last years final which was over after 10 minutes when they actually thought they could take Port on. I know you are neither a Port or a 'Town' man so wonder how you figure the beating of Ballyhale in KK might affect the Port lad's or the Galway Chship itself?
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:25 pm

mossbags wrote:Dunno Clash, Loughrea's whole approach seemed based on stopping Port playing as opposed to playing too much, if any, hurling themselves. Wouldn't be to quick to blame them either after last years final which was over after 10 minutes when they actually thought they could take Port on. I know you are neither a Port or a 'Town' man so wonder how you figure the beating of Ballyhale in KK might affect the Port lad's or the Galway Chship itself?

I wouldn't think they would be thinking about it too much as they know they have a tough match ahead of them against Loughrea and if they win that they have to play Clarinbridge again. What did you make of McClearn? I thought he was one of the best players on the pitch, did a good job on Canning before they moved him out.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:27 pm

Reckon Oulart will win Leinster, them of Carrickshock.
Munster not to sure of the draw but BallyGunner here
Galway still looking like Portuma.
Ulster Loughgriel Shamrocks.

Winner is
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:39 pm

JimWexford wrote:Reckon Oulart will win Leinster, them of Carrickshock.
Munster not to sure of the draw but BallyGunner here
Galway still looking like Portuma.
Ulster Loughgriel Shamrocks.

Winner is

If Balygunner win Munster then I will be very disappointed, they are a relatively old team and Cratloe should have beaten them below in Waterford last year only for Ballygunner being that bit physically stronger...if Cratloe get the better of Crusheen next week, which they should,they will ease past Kilmallock in Ennis and it would set up a dinger of a game against the Tipp champions(probably Thurles or Toome)...Reckon the winner will come from that game...

Oulart look a great bet for Leinster alright
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:40 pm

Ballygunner have brought in a good few young lads this year and are strolling Waterford at the moment, dark horses are Passage only came up from intermediate couple of years back with Eoin Kelly on board.
Was at the Cratloe / Ballygunner game in Walsh park last year and there was a bit more that just the physical side in it.
Cratloe only has two real scoring forwards that day (two wing forwards I think).
Believe it or not we were up there cheering on Cratloe been down there a few times and met up with a few bucko's from there at the game.
Can't see Toomevera winning Tipp, Thurlus should have enough to see them off but Clonoulty/Rossmore may spring a surprise and win it out Tipp, if so that will be the end of them.
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:55 pm

JimWexford wrote:Ballygunner have brought in a good few young lads this year and are strolling Waterford at the moment, dark horses are Passage only came up from intermediate couple of years back with Eoin Kelly on board.
Was at the Cratloe / Ballygunner game in Walsh park last year and there was a bit more that just the physical side in it.
Cratloe only has two real scoring forwards that day (two wing forwards I think).
Believe it or not we were up there cheering on Cratloe been down there a few times and met up with a few bucko's from there at the game.
Can't see Toomevera winning Tipp, Thurlus should have enough to see them off but Clonoulty/Rossmore may spring a surprise and win it out Tipp, if so that will be the end of them.

Weren't Passage hammered by DLS at the weekend and Lismore drew with Ballygunner....Cratloe are a better side than they were this time last year, their two main men in the full forward line are on fire(McGrath and McInerney, both 19) they have come through plenty of tight games and they will take beating especially as they have no football to contend with....
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:01 pm

Didn't get any Waterford results not up that way till Thursday so I wasn't talking to anyone.
Surprised at the DLS result , winner easily from Lismore/Ballygunner side of the draw.
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:31 pm

The Puke wrote:
JimWexford wrote:Ballygunner have brought in a good few young lads this year and are strolling Waterford at the moment, dark horses are Passage only came up from intermediate couple of years back with Eoin Kelly on board.

Weren't Passage hammered by DLS at the weekend and Lismore drew with Ballygunner....Cratloe are a better side than they were this time last year, their two main men in the full forward line are on fire(McGrath and McInerney, both 19) they have come through plenty of tight games and they will take beating especially as they have no football to contend with....
Forgot about that they were on a double quest in Munster Last year, did they win the football after or where the beaten after a replay can't remember
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:16 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:
mossbags wrote:Dunno Clash, Loughrea's whole approach seemed based on stopping Port playing as opposed to playing too much, if any, hurling themselves. Wouldn't be to quick to blame them either after last years final which was over after 10 minutes when they actually thought they could take Port on. I know you are neither a Port or a 'Town' man so wonder how you figure the beating of Ballyhale in KK might affect the Port lad's or the Galway Chship itself?

I wouldn't think they would be thinking about it too much as they know they have a tough match ahead of them against Loughrea and if they win that they have to play Clarinbridge again. What did you make of McClearn? I thought he was one of the best players on the pitch, did a good job on Canning before they moved him out.

McLearn was superb in containing any threat from JC, think Joe got only one decent score off him all day. He got a run in the league for Galway lasr year but promptly got sent off and suspended which hindered him nailing down the fb slot. Might well be worth another look there next year but in the meantime there is every chance JC might get his revenge in the replay. Don't have much time for Loughrea but would be better for Galway if they got the better of Port this time around.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:13 pm

JimWexford wrote:
The Puke wrote:

Forgot about that they were on a double quest in Munster Last year, did they win the football after or where the beaten after a replay can't remember

Lost the munster intermediate final to Spa from Kerry
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:54 am

Clarenbridge are way overpriced at 6/1 to win Galway outright. Loughrea and Portumna might well have nackered themselves out by the final on Sunday week and the bridge are poised nicely with the hurlers to do it. It's the Port factor that has them so big but JC a fair bit off form this year, Port are far from the sure thing their price would suggest, indeed they are lucky to still be in it. That said you would expect them to win the replay on Saturday but the final then might prove one game too many, even for them.
Clarenbridge @ 6/1, you can take that as a certified mossbags tip (c)
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:44 pm

Well who would have guessed it a Loughrea v Clarinbridge final, first time since 2002 that Portumna won't be in the final. Loughrea will probably be favourites after impressing today against Portumna.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next