GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Boxtyeater!!!

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Welcome Boxtyeater!!! Empty Welcome Boxtyeater!!!

Post  Guest Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:52 pm

Welcome to Gaatipster-hopefully youre another mayo fan??!!! Laughing Razz

Back to top Go down

Welcome Boxtyeater!!! Empty Re: Welcome Boxtyeater!!!

Post  Guest Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:54 pm

Did ya come from boards.ie? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:58 pm

He's from Leitrim....another Connaught person for us! Johnnus Bulls is Leitrim isn't he? scratch

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:13 pm

He's a Leitrim man indeed, and from HS.

You Mayo lot have enough on, ye don't need anymore! Razz
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:15 pm

mid-mon man wrote:He's a Leitrim man indeed, and from HS.

You Mayo lot have enough on, ye don't need anymore! Razz

ya can never have too much of a good thing, MMM! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:16 pm

Hey I recruited boxtyeater from boards.ie (it's in my HS post). A couple more will sign up by the end of the day I'd say. I put up a post there and I'll get banned as soon as the moderators see it but....what can you do? Very Happy

I'll get a couple of Monaghan guys to join here for ya MidMonMan okay? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:16 pm

I seen that message on boards was still up, the mods must be a bit slow!

Monaghan posters were few and far between on HS Lil, so I doubt there'll be too many on here any time soon!
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:20 pm

Saw that myself MMM but I got a message from them saying I'm banned permanently because a couple of posters had complained about me Mad I don't think they're taking it down though. I'd only do it on that wesite because they aren't moderating a guy who came in with an insulting signature about the GAA (he was a soccer fan). I just think the posters there deserve better Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:20 pm

Is Ulster or Connaght leading the pack?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:30 pm

I think Connaught does......Yeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Welcome Boxtyeater!!! Empty Welcome Boxtyeater!!

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:21 pm

Boxtyeater here. How's y'all doing. Thanks for the warm welcome, I hope the depth of the warmth remains.
I'd like to wish the forum and indeed all her posters well and hope that the aspirations we hold for our respective counties for 2009 reach fruition.
This endearment does not apply to natives of Roscommon whom we meet on May 31st. Wink
Anyhow, as MMM pointed out, I have transferred under the Bossman ruling from HS - enough is enough!!!
Just for MMM's interest, I played c/ship with Carrick Emmets in your fine county back in the late 60's when I worked in that noble county.
Onwards and upwards folks.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:24 pm

Your very welcome here Boxty. Did you find out about this website from boards.ie from a poster called Mayo1?

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:38 pm

LilMaighEo wrote:Your very welcome here Boxty. Did you find out about this website from boards.ie from a poster called Mayo1?

Indeed not although my "name" appears on that site. Plagarised from elsewhere no doubt.
I opened my e-mail last night to contact a member of this forum who was previously a poster elsewhere, regarding standards in "other shops" and closed it again after 30 secs. in order to compose my thoughts.

Imagine the surprise I got 30 seconds later when I received an e-mail from said poster alerting me to here.
Uncanny. Cool
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Swinford2009 Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:41 pm

LilMaighEo wrote:Saw that myself MMM but I got a message from them saying I'm banned permanently because a couple of posters had complained about me Mad I don't think they're taking it down though. I'd only do it on that wesite because they aren't moderating a guy who came in with an insulting signature about the GAA (he was a soccer fan). I just think the posters there deserve better Very Happy

just saw on Boards.ie that he is actually a moderator. thats y he aint gonna get banned or anything like that for having his 'Gah' signature
Swinford2009
Swinford2009
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Mayo
Number of posts : 269

http://mikessportsfile.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:43 pm

Oh no that's okay because if I refer somebody to here I get points. Very Happy Hope ya enjoy this site. If ya have any trouble just let me know.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:45 pm

No he changed his signature from this morning because somebody posted a complaint about it but I was really angry at what the signature said about GAA fans. I won't even repeat what it said. It's still bad like except the signature isn't as bad as tis morning. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:49 pm

hi boxtyeater!! it's great to see new members on gaatipster! You're very welcome and of ya need any help-just ask! some things around here can be a bit confusing so dont hesitate-by the way, i'm lovin the fact ya come from leitrim! i'm a mayo fan myself-but io love the leitrim people and i love to see leitrim do well(as long as they're not against mayo!!!) Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:19 pm

Very interesting that you used to play for Carrick Boxty. You'll be glad to hear of their great season last year then, winning the senior league and coming so close to winning a first county championship for 80 years after dumping out previous champions Clontibret in the semi. On the back of their great year they now incredibly have joint top most players on the county team along with Clontibret. All this only a couple of years out of Intermediate. They've a good young side too so can continue to improve and compete.

What were they like when you played with them?
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:49 pm

Boxtyeater's an alright sort afro
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:29 pm

mid-mon man wrote:
What were they like when you played with them?

They were senior in my days there MMM. The style of c/ship football in Monaghan then was eh. "frenetic" I think is the most applicable word.
If video evidence were available then, let's just say some of us would have good long summers for the oul' hay or turf.
Given that this was more than 40 years ago memory is fuzzy but Patsy Marron was the outstanding clubman of that time. Other notable were Paddy Rafferty, Patsy Kerlin and Mickey Connolly (White Fella) who stood out for terms of "sociability".
Drumhowan proved our downfall in '69 anyway I think.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:57 pm

mossbags wrote:Boxtyeater's an alright sort afro
Thanks for that one Mossbags. Our swords have crossed before methinks, although in a civilised fashion. Laughing
You're looking good this year, couple of the big names firing on all cylinders. Joyce is having a cracking season that is belying his years. Like the top player he is, he's getting the 1st. 5 yards with the head rather than the legs.
Will Cullinane make it? He's a big presence at M/F but somehow looks just not comfortable.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:09 am

I can only imagine what some of those games would have been like Boxty! My grandfather used to tell me of games back in those days, and alot further back too, and there were some stories! Did you play much, or at all, against Magheracloone? That local derby is still a dirty affair to this day!
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:35 am

We "played" them in a tournament in Inniskeen on the Bank Holiday Monday in June of 1969 as some sort of Patrick Kavanagh type weekend.
The ref. was a bit on the weakish side and the crowd of about 3,000 were a bit skittish after a long weekend of "celebrating" the local hero, so consequently we didn't' get as far as half-time.
Yerra! there was nobody killed, a few oul' skelps and it was called off. You are jogging my memory here now, but I think our evening ended up in Markeys in Carrick.
Is it still there? I wasn't in the town in 40 years.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:44 am

Boxtyeater wrote:Imagine the surprise I got 30 seconds later when I received an e-mail from said poster alerting me to here.
Uncanny. Cool
Uncanning??? Razz
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:47 am

[quote="Jayo CluxtonUncanning??? Razz[/quote]

Shane on you Jayo
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next