GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mick O'Dwyer is not the answer for Mayo

5 posters

Go down

Mick O'Dwyer is not the answer for Mayo Empty Mick O'Dwyer is not the answer for Mayo

Post  Peter Solan the Great Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Scathing article from Sean Rice in the Mayo news about Mick O'Dwyer. He calls him a failure in his time with Kildare, Laois and Wicklow. A Dublin syndicate are pushing forward the nomination of Mick O'Dwyer and are willing to pay his expenses. The most cutting quote was the following.

“I know one thing, he will raise a lot of money as he did in Wicklow with golf classics etc. But he is old news and has not moved up with the times. That’s why he failed at Kildare, Laois and Wicklow. His method of running around 30 laps of the field is not the new way to get lads fit.”

I think this says it all about the intentions of the county Board. The redevelopment of McHale park has been an unmitigated disaster. A 20 million euro white elephant that was poorly redesigned. They are under pressure to get repayments on the loan for it and i feel the possible appointment of Mick O'Dwyer may be part of this. Sad times for Mayo if we appoint O'Dwyer. I hope to God it doesnt happen.
Peter Solan the Great
Peter Solan the Great
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Mayo
Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Mick O'Dwyer is not the answer for Mayo Empty Re: Mick O'Dwyer is not the answer for Mayo

Post  whiterbananas Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:34 pm

Agreed

Pretty sure it wont happen though. Theres huge opposition in the county to it. No way can we afford to waste a fortune on someone like o dwyer. Plenty young managers in the county
whiterbananas
whiterbananas
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

mayo
Number of posts : 327

Back to top Go down

Mick O'Dwyer is not the answer for Mayo Empty Re: Mick O'Dwyer is not the answer for Mayo

Post  Real Kerry Fan Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:42 pm

I notice that a poll next to the article shows Micko leading. Embarassed
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:29 pm

Whatever about Micko the news tonight is that Tommy Lyons has this in his pocket....all over bar the shouting....

Tommy Lyons...Mick O'Dwyer is not the answer for Mayo Smiley21 author of "The spoofers guide to football"....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:41 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:Whatever about Micko the news tonight is that Tommy Lyons has this in his pocket....all over bar the shouting....

Tommy Lyons...Mick O'Dwyer is not the answer for Mayo Smiley21 author of "The spoofers guide to football"....

At least at long last if your correct-he has a chance to manage his own county.. Wink
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down