GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Cassidy remain on as Derry manager?

+2
bocerty
Loyal2TheRoyal
6 posters

Go down

Will Cassidy remain on as Derry manager? Empty Will Cassidy remain on as Derry manager?

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:47 am

I feel he should step aside.

Not up to it and clearly, Derry are going nowhere under him.

New manager needed. Who would be the contenders?
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Will Cassidy remain on as Derry manager? Empty Re: Will Cassidy remain on as Derry manager?

Post  bocerty Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:28 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:I feel he should step aside.

nothing to do with Cassidy Loyal - two much club rivalry in Derry which players are unable to leave behind when they play for the county. The same rivalry exists in many counties Tyrone and Armagh two examples of where it exists big time but when the players come together to represent the county it is all put to one side.

Until that is resolved in Derry they are pissing in the wind as far as changing managers and getting success is concerned.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Will Cassidy remain on as Derry manager? Empty Re: Will Cassidy remain on as Derry manager?

Post  redhandman Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:40 pm

bocerty wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:I feel he should step aside.

nothing to do with Cassidy Loyal - two much club rivalry in Derry which players are unable to leave behind when they play for the county. The same rivalry exists in many counties Tyrone and Armagh two examples of where it exists big time but when the players come together to represent the county it is all put to one side.

Until that is resolved in Derry they are pissing in the wind as far as changing managers and getting success is concerned.

totally agree 100%. DC is not a bad coach - wouldnt be my favourite person in the whole wide world but have seen his work first hand and can get his message across clearly. he doesnt tell the player how to play he asks them what would happein in situation X. he hammers it home by making the player think not by just telling them.

the players cant get on sure one supposedly headbutted another the week before the armagh game, last year keilts jaw was broke, how can you have team unity with that carry on?!
redhandman
redhandman
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

tyrone
Number of posts : 545

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:14 pm

And is it not part of a manager's job description to unite his players?

As you say, Tyrone and Armagh players are able to put it behind them, why can't Derry players?

In my opinion, if a Boylan/O'Brien/O'Rourke/Flynn/Geraghty got hold of a Derry dressing room, they wouldn't be long about rectifying the problem.

I think Derry managers are as bad as Derry players. Fresh impetus needed. Get a Meath man in.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:14 pm

What a load of crap!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:17 pm

You'd never get a senior Meath player knocking lumps out of a newcomer to the panel in training ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:17 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:You'd never get a senior Meath player knocking lumps out of a newcomer to the panel in training ....

I aGGree
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down