GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FAO younger posters

+4
mullins
gaamad1996
Grenvile
SamiPremier08
8 posters

Go down

FAO younger posters Empty FAO younger posters

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:31 pm

Alright guys,

Good to see so many youngsters on GAA Tipster these days, since this site first started I have been the 'kid' poster, however now it would appear that I am one of the oldest of the youngest.

I wanted to point out that people, not necessarily users of this website, but people in general, often adopt a fairly stereotypical view of teenagers/young people. There is often no exception to this stereotyping when it comes to posting opinions on a forum such as this.

I am not suggesting that members of GT do this, but I suspect it is fairly common for users of sites such as this one to ignore posts by younger users as they feel they will not have anything decent or worthwhile to say.

It is therefore crucial that young users post intelligent and appropriate material and are able to interact properly with older 'more experienced' members of a forum.

Over the past few days I have noticed a few threads/posts from these younger posters that are utterly unnecessary on this GAA forum.

May I politely request that this forum is saved for beneficial discussion aimed at the forum's general audience and purpose; and that so-called 'flirting' and general chit-chat is kept to other mediums such as Facebook, or at least PMs. Whilst this forum is a great place for fun and banter, some of it can get unnecessary.

At the moment this site is unique in it's diverse range of members and talking points on offer. It would be sad to see the site lose this fine reputation.

I respect the opinion of all posters on this site and am sure beyond doubt that the youngest members can make just as quality an input to the site as the more established members.

It would seem a shame to have the posts of many young people discredited because of younger members having a poor reputation.

Cheers FAO younger posters Icon_biggrin
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

FAO younger posters Empty Re: FAO younger posters

Post  Grenvile Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:44 pm

lol

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  gaamad1996 Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:12 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:Alright guys,

Good to see so many youngsters on GAA Tipster these days, since this site first started I have been the 'kid' poster, however now it would appear that I am one of the oldest of the youngest.

I wanted to point out that people, not necessarily users of this website, but people in general, often adopt a fairly stereotypical view of teenagers/young people. There is often no exception to this stereotyping when it comes to posting opinions on a forum such as this.

I am not suggesting that members of GT do this, but I suspect it is fairly common for users of sites such as this one to ignore posts by younger users as they feel they will not have anything decent or worthwhile to say.

It is therefore crucial that young users post intelligent and appropriate material and are able to interact properly with older 'more experienced' members of a forum.

Over the past few days I have noticed a few threads/posts from these younger posters that are utterly unnecessary on this GAA forum.

May I politely request that this forum is saved for beneficial discussion aimed at the forum's general audience and purpose; and that so-called 'flirting' and general chit-chat is kept to other mediums such as Facebook, or at least PMs. Whilst this forum is a great place for fun and banter, some of it can get unnecessary.

At the moment this site is unique in it's diverse range of members and talking points on offer. It would be sad to see the site lose this fine reputation.

I respect the opinion of all posters on this site and am sure beyond doubt that the youngest members can make just as quality an input to the site as the more established members.

It would seem a shame to have the posts of many young people discredited because of younger members having a poor reputation.

Sammy yer point is very valid. See i would say some of my threads are pointless but rather because I have posted on other topics and havent had any replies...
gaamad1996
gaamad1996
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Wexford
Number of posts : 471

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:16 pm

gaamad1996 wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:Alright guys,

Sammy yer point is very valid. See i would say some of my threads are pointless but rather because I have posted on other topics and havent had any replies...

Not true i replyed to u FAO younger posters Icon_razz
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:47 pm

There once was a young misguided poster called Tommy who was sitting alone in his bedroom .
It was the summer holidays and it was raining outside.
Tommy was bored
The big boys would not let Tommy play football.
But Tommy had his nice shiney laptop that Santa had brought him
then a brainwave came to Tommy
I will go on the internet and become the marmite of the GAA forums
I will astound posters with my wit and mischief
I will do this by having a variety of different usernames
But Tommy had been alone in his bedroom for weeks and lacked the imagination to choose these usernames
So Tommy took a little look around the bedroom
Up on his bedroom wall was his Birth cert that his mammy had framed out of pride
Tommy decided that 1996 should be in one of his usernames.
Tommy looked over at his stack of schoolbooks that mammy had carefully covered so that they would be in good nick for next year - So he looked at the covering and decided that clingfilm would be anotherusername
Tommy looked up at this bedroom wall and his prized Man Utd 2009 league winners poster and picked out his favourite player Carlos Tevez
But Tommy decided he needed one username that stood above all the rest. He thought and thought and looked all around the room and could not come up with anything but then he spotted the most important itemin the room - The large jumbo box of tissues that he kept close at hand to his keyboard - a vital compliment to his late night interneting
And hence Kleenex was born.
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  gaamad1996 Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:52 pm

OMAR wrote:There once was a young misguided poster called Tommy who was sitting alone in his bedroom .
Tommy was bored
But Tommy had been alone in his bedroom for weeks and lacked the imagination to choose these usernames
Up on his bedroom wall was his Birth cert that his mammy had framed out of pride
Tommy looked over at his stack of schoolbooks that mammy had carefully covered so that they would be in good nick for next year - So he looked at the covering and decided that clingfilm would be anotherusername
Tommy looked up at this bedroom wall and his prized Man Utd 2009 league winners poster and picked out his favourite player Carlos Tevez
But Tommy decided he needed one username that stood above all the rest. He thought and thought and looked all around the room and could not come up with anything but then he spotted the most important itemin the room - The large jumbo box of tissues that he kept close at hand to his keyboard - a vital compliment to his late night interneting

Are you accusing me of having multiple usernames???
gaamad1996
gaamad1996
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:57 pm

Not at all
Its just that your modus operandi reminds me of a former great(s) from a different forum - Treat it as a compliment. Although your choice of Avatar is uncanny.
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  gaamad1996 Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:03 am

OMAR wrote:Not at all
Its just that your modus operandi reminds me of a former great(s) from a different forum - Treat it as a compliment. Although your choice of Avatar is uncanny.

hahah ok and yes the resemblence of the avatar did bring a smile to me face.
gaamad1996
gaamad1996
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:27 am

Sami speaks sense here. This is not a dating site nor is it a site wher u r encrgd to spk lik dis.... Sensible latitude has been given to all. There may come a time however - probably very soon - when the sledgehammer will come cracking down on the nuts. Otherwise all will be well ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:55 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Sami speaks sense here. This is not a dating site nor is it a site wher u r encrgd to spk lik dis.... Sensible latitude has been given to all. There may come a time however - probably very soon - when the sledgehammer will come cracking down on the nuts. Otherwise all will be well ....

FAO younger posters Sledgehammer1

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:14 am

The kids are alright
It's the sour old gits who are the real problem.
Not mentioning any names.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  gaamad1996 Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:54 am

mossbags wrote:The kids are alright
It's the sour old gits who are the real problem.
Not mentioning any names.

Here here!! Maybe some one further up by the shannon.....
gaamad1996
gaamad1996
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:42 pm

OMAR wrote:There once was a young misguided poster called Tommy who was sitting alone in his bedroom .
Tommy was bored

Very very good Omar. I know who your talking about. You should delighted GM1996 to be in the same catogory as him.

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow
Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Post  gaamad1996 Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:43 pm

hurlingguru wrote:
Tommy was bored

Very very good Omar. I know who your talking about. You should delighted GM1996 to be in the same catogory as him.

Ok fair enough hurlingguru omar thanks for that compliment boss Laughing
gaamad1996
gaamad1996
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down