GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bradley Wiggins

4 posters

Go down

Bradley Wiggins Empty Bradley Wiggins

Post  SamiPremier08 Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:39 pm

He's been hyped up quite a lot this year to do very well at Le Tour De France and perhaps even win it. I really like this guy and hope he can improve on his 4th place last year, but already, after the prologue, I'm unconvinced. He's already a minute behind Lance Armstrong and other contenders and could only manage 77th in a stage that he was expected to win overall. Hopefully Bradley knows what he's doing and will mount a challenge on the yellow jersey this year.

David Millar (2nd) and Geraint Thomas (5th, I think) did extremely well as GB representatives and with Cavendish looking to win some of the early sprint stages, I hope Le Tour can raise what is a disappointingly low profile here in the UK with some British success.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Bradley Wiggins Empty Re: Bradley Wiggins

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:56 pm

Wiggins is reported as having lost a lot of weight since the Giro and with it, some of his time-trialing ability, in a bid to become stronger in the more mountainy stages.

I doubt though that Wiggins will be able to climb with Andy and Frank Schleck, Alberto Contador, Ivan Basso and the likes. When these guys pour it on in the Pyrennes and the Alps, they'll fairly thin the peloton out.

Today's stage is one for the sprinters and will give us an idea if Cav has finally found form. If the Manx Missile fails to fire, there'll be several riders queuing up to take advantage, and I do think Tyler Farrar will claim a stage or two especially with lead out men of the calibre of Julian Dean and Robbie Hunter.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:52 pm

I'd say that Wiggins will be concerned by yesterday's performance. He should never be 77th in a prologue time-trial, whether he is focusing on the mountains or not.
Looks more like a man out of form to me.

Ultimately, this race will be decided on 4 days - 3 summit finishes and the individual TT. It is possible, given there is only 1 ITT, that Wiggins may be placing more emphasis on the mountains, but he should still have been closer in the prologue. Very bad start for Bradley.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:00 pm

I thought Bradley Wiggins was an Eastenders character .... seriously!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down