GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Valentine's day in Thurles

2 posters

Go down

Valentine's day in Thurles Empty Valentine's day in Thurles

Post  SamiPremier08 Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:44 am

Just wondering what everyone is expecting for the Tipp vs. Cork floodlights extravaganza in Thurles on Valentine's day? How many do you think will be there and what do you think the game will be like?

I'd like to see a good close match as I am bringing a friend over from England to watch it, and he is completely new to hurling - would be good to inspire him with a Tipp-Cork thriller!

Any thoughts on the match, stadium and attendance?
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Valentine's day in Thurles Empty Re: Valentine's day in Thurles

Post  RMDrive Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:59 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:Just wondering what everyone is expecting for the Tipp vs. Cork floodlights extravaganza in Thurles on Valentine's day? How many do you think will be there and what do you think the game will be like?

I'd like to see a good close match as I am bringing a friend over from England to watch it, and he is completely new to hurling - would be good to inspire him with a Tipp-Cork thriller!

How did the game go Sami? Was there a good atmosphere and did your mate enjoy it??
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:16 pm

RMDrive wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:Just wondering what everyone is expecting for the Tipp vs. Cork floodlights extravaganza in Thurles on Valentine's day? How many do you think will be there and what do you think the game will be like?

How did the game go Sami? Was there a good atmosphere and did your mate enjoy it??

yeah it was good fun, 9150 at the game. pre-match entertainment from tht thurles gospel choir and the 32 incredible flag wavers was so awful it was almost quite funny. the game wasn't that great, a poor display from tipp first half, but they improved in the second and got a great goal late on. the atmosphere was good once the match had started. i suppose it was the cork situation that cast a bit of shadow on the occasion but all in all it was fine.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down