GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mountjoy

4 posters

Go down

Mountjoy Empty Mountjoy

Post  mullins Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:14 pm

John Longeran said 85% of prisoners in mountjoy are on Heroine..How can this be in this day and age..He said you can't stop the supply amazing stuff....

I Believe its a Cesspit...Knock it down and build a new prison ...
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Mountjoy Empty Re: Mountjoy

Post  RMDrive Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:18 pm

mullins wrote:John Longeran said 85% of prisoners in mountjoy are on Heroine..How can this be in this day and age..He said you can't stop the supply amazing stuff....

What will a new prison do? Why not stop the supply. Give me a million Euro budget and a free reign and I would stop it.

If drugs are going into the prison it means 2 things:
1. Some prison officers are complicit in this
2. The wardens don't really want to stop the supply
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:23 pm

RMDrive wrote:
mullins wrote:John Longeran said 85% of prisoners in mountjoy are on Heroine..How can this be in this day and age..He said you can't stop the supply amazing stuff....

What will a new prison do? Why not stop the supply. Give me a million Euro budget and a free reign and I would stop it.

If drugs are going into the prison it means 2 things:
1. Some prison officers are complicit in this
2. The wardens don't really want to stop the supply

A new prison could stop the supply of drugs and bring around a dramatic change in prison life..If there is warders that are being corrupted by prisoners they should be weeded out and sent to join there paymasters on the landings..
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:18 pm

A new prison would to some extent provide better security and partly reduce the problem but its the system must be fundamentally wrong if there is that volume of drugs being brought in. RM I doubt if €1m would cover it. As the biggest deterrent to drug use would be loss of parole, extended sentences all of which cost the system more.
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  lino_de_legend Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:56 pm

the place is an absolute dump! We where takin there in 4th year ( i dont know why they took us to the mens, we were 16 girls in school uniforms!) completly overcrowded, smells of wee, falling to pieces. Theres rats all over the place. if your ever wanted your kids to stay on the straight and narrow send for a day in that kip!
lino_de_legend
lino_de_legend
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin
Number of posts : 194

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: