GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can Laois cause a shock against the Dubs?

+3
JimWexford
Jayo Cluxton
GAAGenious
7 posters

Go down

Can Laois cause a shock against the Dubs? Empty Can Laois cause a shock against the Dubs?

Post  GAAGenious Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:43 pm

Is it plausable that the hurlers form the O Moore county could overturn the much advanced Dublin team? I think they could run Dublin close enough but if they can win the game or not I dont know? Laois hurling has come along alot over the last 2 years and dispatched of a fancied Carlow team last time out and were narrowly beaten by Clare and Wexford in the League. I am going to stick the neck out and predict a shock for this weekends game.
Laois 2.14 Dublin 3.10 Can Laois cause a shock against the Dubs? Icon_smile
GAAGenious
GAAGenious
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Laois / Mayo
Number of posts : 165

Back to top Go down

Can Laois cause a shock against the Dubs? Empty Re: Can Laois cause a shock against the Dubs?

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:57 pm

I would be very disappointed to lose this one but not for one second would I be looking beyond it - and I hope the same goes for Mr Daly and the boys. Tbh it wouldn't be the greatest shock ever - Laois should have beaten Limerick last year and Limerick went on to beat the Dubs. Dublin really need to be beating the likes of Offaly (very poor last Sunday and should have lost), Limerick, Clare and Wexford regularly to get to the next level. So really they have to beat Laois. They have the players to do it but will have to be on top of their game.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Can Laois cause a shock against the Dubs? Empty Re: Can Laois cause a shock against the Dubs?

Post  GAAGenious Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:04 pm

They do yeah but they havn't hit top form yet ( Laois ) and in away im being more hopefull than anything but technically speaking its not a forgone conclusion and should be close enough. In terms of Offaly and Wexford, Wexford are pushing on too and put it up to galway for 30 minutes of great hurling. The problem down there is that they have gone through too many managers and not enough players. When a new manager is appointed he wants to do well in his first year in turn the fringe players arnt selected as much as the new manager wants to go with the oul reliables. Laois has the same problem and Laois have good players but they armt the best unit and our keeper is obeese haha. Great win for Loais if it can be pulled off but it could knock yee back years !!
GAAGenious
GAAGenious
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Laois / Mayo

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:06 pm

Agreed GG - defeat wowuld be a serious blow. League form was very erratic from us too - we beat Tipp by 9 points - but sure Cork beat them by 10 .. Can Laois cause a shock against the Dubs? Icon_lol
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  GAAGenious Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:12 pm

I am going to throw this out there and say Tipp didnt want it !! I think Sheedy wanted to try a new route than winning munster, Look at waterford a couple of years ago beaten first round of Munster ends up in an All Ireland Final, I think that Tipp team are much better than that Waterford team and maybe Sheedy thinks the best way of beating Kilkenny is if he has the lads out playing tough games through the qualifiers instead of the wait of winning munster and the semi finals, and i think Babs might of written them off, if so im putting my house on them Can Laois cause a shock against the Dubs? Icon_razz
GAAGenious
GAAGenious
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Laois / Mayo

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:22 am

Shades of Offaly, I don't think so.
Sorry Tipp got what they were worth, but this is about Laois and de dubs.
Can only see one result here the dubs by at least 10 plus.
Laois have no James Young anymore he is a 10 point a game player so they will suffer.
Daly has de dubs tuned in and ready for action
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:21 am

gotta be the Dubs for me
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:47 pm

There's more chance of me growing an afro than Laois beating Dublin! Dublin hurling has rocketed in recent years and i love nothing more than seeing a county developing into a force at various levels and how Dublin have developed is great for me! I'd like to see Laois do well but they are miles behind Dublin at the moment i'm afraid!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:35 pm

Laois have been rejuvinated under Rigney and will relish the opportunity to put a right spanner in the ongoing work of Anthony Daly and his merry band of Dublin Hurlers.As ever they will be reliant on Willy Hyland to keep producing the goods and will be hoping Zane Keenan can do the business for them as well but with the likes of Dotsy O Callahan, McRabbe, Rushe the Dubs fire power up front should see them through.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:49 pm

Laois have no fear of Dublin...This will really show us where Dublin are at i think dotsy and tracey are out..Gives Paul ryan a chance to come in and put a marker down for the championship
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:13 pm

FT Dublin 0-25 Laois 0-16
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:16 pm

Promising. Really seemed to pull away in the last quarter. Fitness levels probably.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:38 am

Can Laois cause a shock against the Dubs? Icon_cheers Bring on the tribes.. Can Laois cause a shock against the Dubs? Icon_bounce
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:43 am

22 scores from play - impressive!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:49 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:22 scores from play - impressive!

Jc it was tough game sending off swung it our way....At least we have a game before we play the cats dotsy didn't last long lets hope we didn't pick up to many injurys today .....

Its nice to win its not to long ago laois were sending us for an early bath...its being along day Slan Up the Dubs Believe
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down