GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time to kick London out of the Ulster Championship!!!

5 posters

Go down

Time to kick London out of the Ulster Championship!!! Empty Time to kick London out of the Ulster Championship!!!

Post  bald eagle Sun May 30, 2010 7:08 pm

Who do they think they are beating Derry!!! I demand their removal from the USHC with immediate effect!!!!

Seriously now, fully deserved by London in winning the match! I honestly though we would win Ulster this year but thank's to the exiles that has ended for another year!!! Hopefully they can give Down a good run in the Semi-final and get to the final of the only true Provincial Hurling Championship!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Time to kick London out of the Ulster Championship!!! Empty Re: Time to kick London out of the Ulster Championship!!!

Post  SamiPremier08 Sun May 30, 2010 7:25 pm

Well done London.

what I have never been able to understand about the Ulster championship is why Antrim get an automatic place in the final (which is bad for starters) AND get to play in Leinster. What is the logic behind this bizarre system?
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Time to kick London out of the Ulster Championship!!! Empty Re: Time to kick London out of the Ulster Championship!!!

Post  bald eagle Sun May 30, 2010 7:37 pm

Don't start me on that Sami, my views are very well known on it!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Sun May 30, 2010 8:07 pm

bald eagle wrote:Don't start me on that Sami, my views are very well known on it!

Similar bewilderment and more intense frustration I presume?
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Mon May 31, 2010 2:24 am

SamiPremier08 wrote:Well done London.

what I have never been able to understand about the Ulster championship is why Antrim get an automatic place in the final (which is bad for starters) AND get to play in Leinster. What is the logic behind this bizarre system?

Antrim are highly sought after, I suspect for box office appeal.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Mon May 31, 2010 3:29 am

patrique wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:Well done London.

Antrim are highly sought after, I suspect for box office appeal.

ask derry ????????????????/
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon May 31, 2010 8:38 am

patrique wrote:Antrim are highly sought after, I suspect for box office appeal.

Not much box office in Parnell today - a really poor crowd altogether. I've seen more kids on the pitch at half time in a Dublin league game.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Mon May 31, 2010 8:55 am

SamiPremier08 wrote:
bald eagle wrote:Don't start me on that Sami, my views are very well known on it!

Similar bewilderment and more intense frustration I presume?

Yep Sami, but more intense frustration for Westmeath & Carlow not being allowed to play in their own Provincial Championship, although Carlow did get to play this year, coupled with the GAA's stance on hindering the development of Hurling in recent years with some barmy plans regarding promotion and relegation in Championships! Sometimes they baffle me!

Ulster is the only true Provincial Hurling Championship with all counties taking part and even an added team in the shape of London but after what happened New York after beating Derry a few years ago London shouldn't last much longer!!! Who do they think they are, coming over here, beating our teams!!! They should be replaced with Warkwickshire immediately! Saying that, they nearly beat us a few years back too! (Was on the bench that day too!)

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Mon May 31, 2010 7:48 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
patrique wrote:Antrim are highly sought after, I suspect for box office appeal.

Not much box office in Parnell today - a really poor crowd altogether. I've seen more kids on the pitch at half time in a Dublin league game.

The 30th is my birthday. Normally I would escape, but Union conference is this week as well, so much to do, and the three of us who travel to all the hurling games, had abandoned all hope after the league, when Antrim refused to use those lum[ps of wood to hit the ball and relied totally on the handpass.

We really did think Offaly, who had a good league, would win by about 40 points.

We are now suitable ashamed.

Graffin is as good as most at corner back, my beloved Johnny campbell was back yesterday, and McManus is a serious talent.

Just lkacking someone to score from half forward, such as "Winker"
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down