GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kevin Doyle

5 posters

Go down

Kevin Doyle Empty Kevin Doyle

Post  6inarow Sun May 23, 2010 3:56 pm

Wolves' player of the year and in my personal opinion a Molineux legend in the making . . . that's if he doesn't move to Arsenal this summer!!!

6inarow
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Galway
Number of posts : 263

Back to top Go down

Kevin Doyle Empty Re: Kevin Doyle

Post  JimWexford Sun May 23, 2010 4:48 pm

Went to school with his brother same class (RIP died at 21 of cancer).
Always remember we were playing Adamstown in New Ross in a senior 1/4 replay when this young pup arrived at half time (he was after playing a match for St Pats earlier that day) and entered the field of play and stuck us for 2-02 before the half was 5 mins old, needless to say we lost and I was never so delighted to see a someone make it in the queens game so that I didn't have to chase the shadows of a certain 17 year old ever again.
They even took him off about 5/10 mins to go to rest the "poor lad" nothing about the 2 stone of sweat the rest of us lost chasing him. Not our finest our on the playing field
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun May 23, 2010 11:02 pm

Dunno if Arsenal would be the best team for him. Don't think he'd fit their style at all. He may stay at Wolves and become the next striking legend after Dougan, Richards and Bull!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Mon May 24, 2010 12:53 am

Chap is class even gave the young jim a jersey from last year due to his da's gra for the queens game. deserves a big move, he sponsored/subsidised 90% of the reading jerseys in our area
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon May 24, 2010 1:47 am

JimWexford wrote:Went to school with his brother same class (RIP died at 21 of cancer).
Always remember we were playing Adamstown in New Ross in a senior 1/4 replay when this young pup arrived at half time (he was after playing a match for St Pats earlier that day) and entered the field of play and stuck us for 2-02 before the half was 5 mins old, needless to say we lost and I was never so delighted to see a someone make it in the queens game so that I didn't have to chase the shadows of a certain 17 year old ever again.
They even took him off about 5/10 mins to go to rest the "poor lad" nothing about the 2 stone of sweat the rest of us lost chasing him. Not our finest our on the playing field

Monemuntial post Jimbo.... Kevin Doyle 19213 ..You have, as ever, properly enunciated the despicable insidiousness that pertains to the Queen's game..
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Mon May 24, 2010 2:56 pm

There are rumours of him going to Juventus. If he does move to a big club I don't think they will appreciate the hard work he does and will expect plenty of goals for a high price tag.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Wed May 26, 2010 5:32 pm

Good goal from him last night not afraid to put his body on the line.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  6inarow Thu May 27, 2010 10:32 pm

Thats the commitment we've seen all year from him Clash.

If he did move to a big team I don't think he'd have a problem scoring goals. He's starved of service at Wolves due to playing the lone man up front. Put him in a team where he can play the out and out forwards role and where the crosses come flying in all game and he'll be in the 15 - 20 goal a season category no problem.

Saying that he is the perfect lone man up front, superb control and able to turn on the ball with one touch and attack the goal himself. He's a class above everyone else on our team.

Diffreent players but I used to think the same about Robbie Keane and Joleon Lescott, guys who were so obviously top league talent that you didn't begrudge them the move when it came, you were just proud they came through your system.

And then there was Bully Kevin Doyle Icon_cheers

6inarow
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Galway
Number of posts : 263

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down