GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dublin GG News

+33
patsymc
Podger
bluearmy1
bald eagle
Parouisa
KerryKatriona
redhandman
hipster 2
Thomas Clarke
scoopmine
The Puke
jimbodub
bocerty
Real Kerry Fan
Royal_Girl2k9
Grenvile
black&white
whiterbananas
Floops
Omagh RedHand
Loyal2TheRoyal
mid-mon man
mossbags
OMAR
JimWexford
Boxtyeater
GAA-Fan
AdamG
RMDrive
Shinners
Jayo Cluxton
mugsys_barber
mullins
37 posters

Page 37 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Go down

Dublin GG News - Page 37 Empty Re: Dublin GG News

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:35 am

Coughs!!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  champers Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:32 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:
champers wrote:
Thomas Clarke wrote:
Gaa_lover wrote:Slightly off topic i hear Dublin will have up to 8 senior players starting for their U-21s this year, they are unlikely to be caught on the hop in Leinster this year and are sure to be All Ireland favorites.

Back on topic, the previously mentioned biting incident could see that number reduced to 7.

already dealt with still 8 try again

Dealt with in what way?  Surely DCU won't just let this matter drop, irrespective of the amount of money they make from the Dublin GAA teams  Suspect 

from what i have heard dublin gaa have dealt with the issue,you will have to wait to see how the leinster council deal with it,

champers
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin
Number of posts : 179

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:44 pm

In all seriousness Champers, what is the story here?  We had rumours of Philly McMahon on Paul Kerrigan a couple of years ago, and last year we had the Kevin O'Brien & Paddy McBrearty incident.  Now we have this.  

Is there any truth to these biting rumours and, if so, is it something that is being coached in the capital? Are Dublin fans embarrassed by this, or is it seen as 'all part of the game'?
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  champers Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:23 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:In all seriousness Champers, what is the story here?  We had rumours of Philly McMahon on Paul Kerrigan a couple of years ago, and last year we had the Kevin O'Brien & Paddy McBrearty incident.  Now we have this.  

Is there any truth to these biting rumours and, if so, is it something that is being coached in the capital?  Are Dublin fans embarrassed by this, or is it seen as 'all part of the game'?

Michael Kennedy  cyclops 

champers
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:51 am

So, the suspension for a bite is 8 weeks.

I wonder does the whiter-than-white Jim Gavin agree with this length of ban and, if not, will he now put his money where his mouth is and remove the suspended player from his squad.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  champers Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:53 am

Thomas Clarke wrote:So, the suspension for a bite is 8 weeks.

I wonder does the whiter-than-white Jim Gavin agree with this length of ban and, if not, will he now put his money where his mouth is and remove the suspended player from his squad.

I told you that dublin gaa dealt with this incident last week do you ever listen,when i said that, it meant player remvoved from the squad straight away but you must allow due process.YOUR digs at gavin are stupid harte has stood over tyrone players for years so your county has no credibility there .

champers
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:40 pm

champers wrote:
I told you that dublin gaa dealt with this incident last week do you ever listen,when i said that, it meant player remvoved from the squad straight away but you must allow due process.YOUR digs at gavin are stupid harte has stood over tyrone players for years so your county has no credibility there .
I see two major differences.

Firstly, Harte has never had to stand over any of his players following a biting incident, whereas Gavin has had 2 such cases from within his squad in the last 12 months.

Secondly, Harte doesn't claim that his side are angels. When defending his players, he usually points out that everyone else also employs less than ideal tactics at some point, and that Tyrone should not be singled out by the media.

Gavin, on the other hand, claims that he would substitute players engaging in cynical fouling, and that he has high principles when it comes to playing the game in a certain manner. Statements like this are hypocritical, not only because of the biting, but also after the way Dublin closed out the AI semi-final and final last year. Any side would have done the same as Dublin, but Gavin has the bare-faced cheek not only to deny it happened, but to portray his boys as footballing purists. That is why I have little for him.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  champers Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:39 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:
champers wrote:
I see two major differences.  

Firstly, Harte has never had to stand over any of his players following a biting incident, whereas Gavin has had 2 such cases from within his squad in the last 12 months.

Secondly, Harte doesn't claim that his side are angels.  When defending his players, he usually points out that everyone else also employs less than ideal tactics at some point, and that Tyrone should not be singled out by the media.  

Gavin, on the other hand, claims that he would substitute players engaging in cynical fouling, and that he has high principles when it comes to playing the game in a certain manner.  Statements like this are hypocritical, not only because of the biting, but also after the way Dublin closed out the AI semi-final and final last year.  Any side would have done the same as Dublin, but Gavin has the bare-faced cheek not only to deny it happened, but to portray his boys as footballing purists.  That is why I have little for him.

Maybe you should put up a few quotes from gavin,as for the last mins of the s/f i cant recall any such incidents my lasting memories of that game was closing it out with 2.1 from play but saying that it was hard to see anything on the hill after the kev mc goal it was stir crazy.as for dislike of jim sure you have history with the dubs hardly surprised there after all one of his better days for dublin as a player was the 95 final,next thing you will be saying dublin were cynical closing that game out Rolling Eyes 

champers
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:45 pm

champers wrote: as for dislike of jim sure you have history with the dubs hardly surprised there after all one of his better days for dublin as a player was the 95 final,next thing you will be saying dublin were cynical closing that game out Rolling Eyes 

Peter Canavan assaulted every time the ball went near him?  Charlie Redmond being sent off for a headbutt, yet refusing to leave the field and playing on instead?

You and I obviously have different definitions of 'cynical'.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  champers Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:39 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:
champers wrote: as for dislike of jim sure you have history with the dubs hardly surprised there after all one of his better days for dublin as a player was the 95 final,next thing you will be saying dublin were cynical closing that game out Rolling Eyes 

Peter Canavan assaulted every time the ball went near him?  Charlie Redmond being sent off for a headbutt, yet refusing to leave the field and playing on instead?

You and I obviously have different definitions of 'cynical'.

it runs deep

champers
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:54 am

Nutrionist has them on Atkins Diet
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:01 am

Champers giving Forum Messiah a drubbing here.....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:06 am

Boxtyeater wrote:Champers giving Forum Messiah a drubbing here.....

He certainly has the bit between his teeth
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  champers Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:10 pm

DUBLIN (SF v Kerry)

1 Stephen Cluxton Parnell’s

2 John Cooper Na Fianna

3 Seán George Ballymun Kickhams

4 Michael Fitzsimons Cuala

5 Eric Lowndes St. Peregrine's

6 Cian O’Sullivan Kilmacud Crokes

7 Philip McMahon Ballymun Kickhams

8 Declan O'Mahony Ballyboden/St. Enda’s

9 Shane Carthy Naomh Mearnóg

10 Ciarán Kilkenny Castleknock

11 Bryan Cullen Skerries Harps

12 Ciarán Reddin St Maur's

13 Kevin McManamon St Jude’s

14 Eoghan O'Gara Templeogue Synge Street

15 Cormac Costello Whitehall Colmcille

interesting team selection plenty players being giving a chance to stake a claim for the championship,costello is a gem sean george is a class act and i hope paul hudson gets a good run, my 3 players to play a big part this year

champers
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  champers Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:17 pm

The show moves onwards for the dubs costello showing real ability and alan getting 70 mins,hard to know yet will he get back to championship pace,but all looks well in the camp george was going well till sending off no one seems to know why he got red card,14 men dubs really know how to play system

champers
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:20 pm

champers wrote:The show moves onwards for the dubs costello showing real ability and alan getting 70 mins,hard to know yet will he get back to championship pace,but all looks well in the camp george was going well till sending off no one seems to know why he got red card,14 men dubs really know how to play system

Costello looked very good. First time I've had a proper look at him.  I don't think he is quite as neat a player as, for example, Mannion, but he is very fast and very direct, and is yet another option for the Dubs in attack.  The run he made to set up McMenamon's goal was impressive.

Less impressive was Mick Fitzsimmons who struggled, and Alan Brogan has a long, long way to go if he is to get back to anything close to his 2011 level.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:00 pm

St.Vincents reach the club final courtesy of a top drawer performance from Mossy Quinn who registered 1-08.
His goal showed remarkable nous of where he was/the defender/goalie were and the posts. He then put the 14 through for the next goal although I can't see Dorney challenging any place in the Dublin squad. It's a pity he wasn't a bit heftier when in his prime as he's clever enough with ball in hand.
Connolly played well, comfortable on the ball and always looking for the best option/pass. Ballinderry were up to the old trick of rising him, getting in his face etc., until eventually Duffy yellow carded him for feck all.
They'll need more from the other 4 forwards to get over Castlebar I feel.

Castlebar overcame Dr.Crokes once Killarney lost the Gooch to a knee injury. A tale of 2 sides here as Castlebar finished like trains, whereas Crokes ran out of juice. It's becoming something of a habit with Kerry teams of late this running out of gas lark. They may get back to the days of Micko doing the 100 laps and 50 wire to wire gigs. Interesting to see Paul Durcan (7) helping himself to 2 green flags, the 2nd of which was a lung-bursting effort to arrive on the shoulder of the furthest man forward.

2 reasonable games, both pitches looking good and plenty of supporters.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  champers Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:03 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:St.Vincents reach the club final courtesy of a top drawer performance from Mossy Quinn who registered 1-08.
His goal showed remarkable nous of where he was/the defender/goalie were and the posts. He then put the 14 through for the next goal although I can't see Dorney challenging any place in the Dublin squad. It's a pity he wasn't a bit heftier when in his prime as he's clever enough with ball in hand.
Connolly played well, comfortable on the ball and always looking for the best option/pass. Ballinderry were up to the old trick of rising him, getting in his face etc., until eventually Duffy yellow carded him for feck all.
They'll need more from the other 4 forwards to get over Castlebar I feel.

Castlebar overcame Dr.Crokes once Killarney lost the Gooch to a knee injury. A tale of 2 sides here as Castlebar finished like trains, whereas Crokes ran out of juice. It's becoming something of a habit with Kerry teams of late this running out of gas lark. They may get back to the days of Micko doing the 100 laps and 50 wire to wire gigs. Interesting to see Paul Durcan (7) helping himself to 2 green flags, the 2nd of which was a lung-bursting effort to arrive on the shoulder of the furthest man forward.

2 reasonable games, both pitches looking good and plenty of supporters.

Mossy having a great championship him and Feeney really leading the line for their respective clubs,Vincents look favs for me with a little bit of help from Heffo,
Heffos club and county have not let him down since he departed it would be a fitting tribute to Heffo if Vincents deliver on Paddys day

champers
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin

Back to top Go down

Dublin GG News - Page 37 Empty Cluxton steps down

Post  champers Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:04 pm

a rumour doing the rounds

champers
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaa_lover Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:50 pm

Deserved win for Cork tonight. Dublin not the same without Bernard Brogan.

Gaa_lover
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

New York
Number of posts : 308

Back to top Go down

Post  champers Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:02 pm

Cluxton has stepped down as a first team senior player with his club, but will continue to play in the lower leagues where he believes he will enjoy his football with his pals.

champers
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  champers Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:16 pm

Bernard is a class act and any team would miss him but i thought the forwards done well v cork 18 points and a few bad mistakes when the game was there to be won cost them,was impressed with chris cuckian he looks like hes making strides.copper looked excellent as the game went on.Dublin are probably looking for 2/3 players from this league campaign at the most to give them a chance of retaining SAM.

champers
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:19 am

champers wrote:
Bernard is a class act and any team would miss him but i thought the forwards done well v cork 18 points and a few bad mistakes when the game was there to be won cost them,was impressed with  chris cuckian he looks like hes making strides.copper looked excellent as the game went on.Dublin are probably looking for 2/3 players from this league campaign at the most to give them a chance of retaining SAM.

Bernard is a big loss whenever he doesn't play - the forwards don't carry anywhere near the same thread without him. Along with MDMA and Cluxton, he is one of Dublin's 3 key players. MDMA's value was clear against Cork. He was completely anonymous, and Cork enjoyed a lot of success at midfield. Dublin need to find another midfielder for the summer, in case MDMA is injured/suspended or just has an off-day.

Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaa_lover Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:57 pm

Did Kilkenny do his ACL tonight?

Gaa_lover
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

New York
Number of posts : 308

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:49 pm

Looks like the end for 2014 all right. Bad luck for any lad playing the game. I'm at a loss to understand how these cruciate injuries never happened in my time. I'm assuming that the bucket of could' water sloshed over your legs was the panacea for all injuries. If it was, then it worked.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next