GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Footballer in Meath....

3 posters

Go down

Best Footballer in Meath.... Empty Best Footballer in Meath....

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Mon May 03, 2010 10:15 am

.......Not even on the county panel! Well we might as well try and even things up and make it a more fairly contested All-Ireland. But one of the great mysteries has to be Navan O'Mahony's Paddy Smyth continued absense from the county panel. Without a doubt, he is presently the best footballer in Meath and in my opinion, in the top 2 or 3 forwards in Ireland. I go to lots of club games on championship weekends but only one player in the whole of Meath is worth the entrance fee alone and thats Smyth. Three goals yesterday versus Summerhill and a thoroughly dominant performance (despite his Granny dying during the week), I simply can't say enough about him!

As an aside, and directed to young RG, I was at Duleek/Bellowstown and Donaghmore/Ashbourne last Friday and ye are terrible. Any belief I ever had that Donaghmore/Ashbourne were somehow an outside threat has now well and truly evaporated. Your team is full of half-bred lazy Dubs with too many egos on too many shoulders!!!

Anyway, lets hope Paddy Smyth is in a Meath jersey sooner rather than later. We can't really afford to have footballers like him at our disposal and then neglecting to use them!
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Best Footballer in Meath.... Empty Re: Best Footballer in Meath....

Post  Guest Mon May 03, 2010 1:16 pm

From what I've heard Paddy Smyth doesn't want to play county.

If we're bad the teams we've beaten this year must be worse. Not really too bothered what you think of my club/team.

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Mon May 03, 2010 2:09 pm

Ye were bad on Friday. I felt Duleek/Bellowstown were possibly hard done by not to get anything from the game. O'Mahonys will win the county championship this year, hopefully the Tones or Dunboyne or reigning champs Sheridanstown will raise some semblance of a challenge. O'Mahonys will be incredibly hard to stop though, Brayer is back in flying form, McGuinn was immense again, Reilly dominated at FB and I could go on at length about Paddy Smyth. All good news for Meath as a whole too.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 03, 2010 2:14 pm

Yeah it'd be great to get a fully fit Kevin Reilly back in at FB for us. We need a proper steady full back because we were struggling without one. And thank God Bray is back on form, he was like a zombie for most of the league. I'm hoping Dunboyne win it this year if we don't.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bermuda_Bomber Mon May 03, 2010 3:46 pm

Apparently Dunboyne played fairly well against us at the weekend, I would hate to see them win it though, after the debacle of "winning" the semi final a few years ago. Agree with Loyal, I reckon O'Mahony's will win it, even though no David Bray. Stephen MacGabhann back is a huge bonus, very talented player. Bear Smyth is a top class player, I know he was asked two years ago for the county but had to go to the States looking for work and couldn't commit, not sure about this year though.

What club are you from Loyal?? Interested as you put the boot fairly hard in D/A!
Bermuda_Bomber
Bermuda_Bomber
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Meath
Number of posts : 73

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 03, 2010 3:50 pm

Yeah he doesn't seem to like us much. And I'm borderline on whether to take the "half-bred lazy dubs" remark to heart or not.

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Mon May 03, 2010 9:57 pm

Meath is more of a Hurling county now..Football has gone backwards no players no manager finished....
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 03, 2010 9:59 pm

mullins wrote:Meath is more of a Hurling county now..Football has gone backwards no players no manager finished....

Same as Dublin so Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Mon May 03, 2010 10:04 pm

RoyalGirl wrote:
mullins wrote:Meath is more of a Hurling county now..Football has gone backwards no players no manager finished....

Same as Dublin so Sad

Dublin are a dual county...don't mind loyal on the Dub blow ins...Hes all mouth cant even name is own club ..i think hes packie henry.. Best Footballer in Meath.... Icon_biggrin
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 03, 2010 10:07 pm

mullins wrote:
RoyalGirl wrote:

Same as Dublin so Sad

Dublin are a dual county...don't mind loyal on the Dub blow ins...Hes all mouth cant even name is own club ..i think hes packie henry.. Best Footballer in Meath.... Icon_biggrin

Righteo. I'm very sensitive about my Dublin half....

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Mon May 03, 2010 10:10 pm

RoyalGirl wrote:
mullins wrote:
RoyalGirl wrote:

Same as Dublin so Sad

Righteo. I'm very sensitive about my Dublin half....

So you should be its the better half Best Footballer in Meath.... Icon_lol
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 03, 2010 10:12 pm

Ah now I wouldn't go that far. Sure my mother's parents are from Cavan and Meath.

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Tue May 04, 2010 9:35 pm

Bermuda_Bomber wrote:Apparently Dunboyne played fairly well against us at the weekend, I would hate to see them win it though, after the debacle of "winning" the semi final a few years ago. Agree with Loyal, I reckon O'Mahony's will win it, even though no David Bray. Stephen MacGabhann back is a huge bonus, very talented player. Bear Smyth is a top class player, I know he was asked two years ago for the county but had to go to the States looking for work and couldn't commit, not sure about this year though.

What club are you from Loyal?? Interested as you put the boot fairly hard in D/A!

Yeah McGabhann is a very classy footballer. Himself, Crosby and O'Brien form a fantastic half-back line.

Two years ago BB, he captained O'Mahonys to the Keegan Cup at the age of twenty-two. Shane McKeigue is the captain, you've seven or eight Meath panelists yet Paddy Smyth is the true leader and has been for the last four years. It'll be a great shame if he never represents Meath at senior level.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Tue May 04, 2010 9:45 pm

RoyalGirl wrote:Yeah it'd be great to get a fully fit Kevin Reilly back in at FB for us. We need a proper steady full back because we were struggling without one. And thank God Bray is back on form, he was like a zombie for most of the league. I'm hoping Dunboyne win it this year if we don't.

Yeah the half-Dub, half-Royal clubs sticking together.

Thats the trouble with Meath football these days, too many Dubs playing. If I become Meath manager, I'll draw a line going through Trim and Navan and refuse to pick anyone south of that line.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 04, 2010 9:47 pm

That's nice Loyal but thanks to God you will never ever be Meath manager so we won't have to worry about that.

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Tue May 04, 2010 9:53 pm

RoyalGirl wrote:That's nice Loyal but thanks to God you will never ever be Meath manager so we won't have to worry about that.

Go back to your real home RG, your only a half-blood. You belong in Swords or Mulhuddart or somewhere round there.

This mass exodus from Dublin is leaving Meath football in a bad state, the true green bloods of the Royal County must cleanse the county of this plague.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 04, 2010 9:55 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
RoyalGirl wrote:That's nice Loyal but thanks to God you will never ever be Meath manager so we won't have to worry about that.

Go back to your real home RG, your only a half-blood. You belong in Swords or Mulhuddart or somewhere round there.

This mass exodus from Dublin is leaving Meath football in a bad state, the true green bloods of the Royal County must cleanse the county of this plague.

Half-blood. What does that matter? My blood flows green and gold and it always will.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down