GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What else have you played?

+12
SamiPremier08
mullins
Boxtyeater
GAA-Fan
bald eagle
black&white
mossbags
clash-of-da-ash
patrique
bocerty
Dougal
Jayo Cluxton
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What else have you played? - Page 2 Empty Re: What else have you played?

Post  SamiPremier08 Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:54 am

I compete/have competed in loads of stuff inculuding:

Soccer
Mountain biking
Cricket
Rounders
Swimming
Athletics
Rugby union
Basketball
Tennis
Badminton
Table tennis
Danish longball
Ultimate frisbee
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  Swinford2009 Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:56 am

Played a fair bit of sports myself.been playing football since I was 10, but am taking the year out this year cause of college, and played hurling for about 4 years(2 for Mayo u-16) until a got a long suspension and decided to give it up. Played Rugby Union when I was in boarding school in Dublin and ended up playing for Leinster in the inter-pro's at u-13 level. played a bit of golf when I was younger and managed to win a few local competitions but aint played in eyars, trying to get back into it tho.Basketball was another sport I played a bit of when i was younger, being 6'6 was pretty handy for that! Neverplayed soccer, was always more of a GAA man and the two seasons usually ran side by side at homeso had to pick one.
Swinford2009
Swinford2009
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Mayo
Number of posts : 269

http://mikessportsfile.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:10 am

Swinford2009 wrote:Played a fair bit of sports myself.been playing football since I was 10, but am taking the year out this year cause of college, and played hurling for about 4 years(2 for Mayo u-16) until a got a long suspension and decided to give it up. Played Rugby Union when I was in boarding school in Dublin and ended up playing for Leinster in the inter-pro's at u-13 level. played a bit of golf when I was younger and managed to win a few local competitions but aint played in eyars, trying to get back into it tho.Basketball was another sport I played a bit of when i was younger, being 6'6 was pretty handy for that! Neverplayed soccer, was always more of a GAA man and the two seasons usually ran side by side at homeso had to pick one.

Are you Liam McHale What else have you played? - Page 2 Icon_basketball

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:25 am

Have played a good amount of sports over the years myself. Gaelic Football was the first I played and is now the only sport I'm heavily involved in, would love to be involved in more but I don't have as much time for sports now as when I was younger, the GAA is enough! First picked up the O'Neill's in training when I was about 8 I'd imagine. Hurled a bit for the club in my teenage years also, even won a championship in the late 90's but gave that up to focus on the big ball once my 20's came. Did a bit of boxing when I was younger also, but again didn't go past my teenage years with that. There was and still is a healthy boxing scene around Monaghan, the result of a load of lads trying to emulate wee Barry I suppose! Always liked playing soccer but never really played it competively, the season round home always clashed with something else, and in school you couldn't really be on both the GAA and soccer teams. Astro-Turf is the height of my soccer these days. Was involved in athletics with the school for a very short time, but couldn't keep it up for long as too many sports were clashing. Nowadays though it's just the football, and that's enough! Although I have tryed out golf a couple of times, and I like it even if I am crap!
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:52 am

Dougal wrote:i played alot of badminton for a good few years,

Used to play it a lot in my youth, we had a very strong club at the time, play a bit in the winter when the hurling season is over and don't feel like running round the soccer field in the muck and *****.....great game, absolutely love it, wish I had more time to play it.....

What grade/division did you play at
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:22 am

The Puke wrote:great game, absolutely love it, wish I had more time to play it.....

"These 12hr. shifts are killing me" quote from Pukey here........as if. What else have you played? - Page 2 Suspect
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:27 am

Of course football was always no.1. Always enjoyed the bit of soccer also. Played a bit of golf but arthritis in the shoulders has relegated me to pitch and putt, which is a good substitute for the elderly. What else have you played? - Page 2 Icon_cry
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:02 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
The Puke wrote:great game, absolutely love it, wish I had more time to play it.....

"These 12hr. shits are killing me" quote from Pukey here........as if. What else have you played? - Page 2 Suspect

Fixed that. Eat more fibre
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:58 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:

"These 12hr. shifts are killing me" quote from Pukey here........as if. What else have you played? - Page 2 Suspect

If only boxty, between the hurling, soccer, walking the dog and the weekly game of poker, I don't have too many free evenings to be indulging in a game of badminton
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:19 pm

[quote="mossbags"]
patrique wrote: dominoes (a serious and dangerous game in England) quote]

I can confirm this to be true. We used to let the local Caribbeans use one of the back rooms of the pub to play their dominoes when I worked in London. Paddy knew better than to go near them when a game was in progress.Between sipping their bottles of stout or pints of red stripe you could hear nowt but fists banging tables, Jamaicans and Trinidadian shouting and screaming their heads off and the odd fist letting loose and fook knows what else.
Sound lads to a man though

I was once rescued from a pub called "The FRIENDSHIP" in Manchester by a bunch of paras when a major row erupted during the domino league game.

The Paras? said they had served in Andytown and it was a great place.

Takes all sorts.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:20 pm

The Samaritans, Patrique. It was the Samaritans.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:23 pm

Dominoes almost as serious as a game of 25, can get heated if tokens are being exchanged. What else have you played? - Page 2 Icon_razz
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2