GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here we go again............

+4
mid-mon man
SamiPremier08
Jayo Cluxton
bocerty
8 posters

Go down

Here we go again............ Empty Here we go again............

Post  bocerty Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:15 pm

The season is only a week old and already 4 players have been handed retrospective bans - Tyrone's Gormley McMahon and Penrose and Derrys Eoin Bradley have been served with 1 month bans after last weekends games.

Pat has decided after viewing video evidence that all four were red card offences - why does he get an opportunity to view these a second time - did anyone go through the video and show him the mistakes he made.................

Are we set for another season of controversy and the likes, surprisingly enough all four players have decided to appeal their bans No No No No
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Here we go again............ Empty Re: Here we go again............

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:08 pm

its quite obviously a conspiracy ........

Video Killed the GAA Star!!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:18 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:its quite obviously a conspiracy ........

could THIS song get to no.1?
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:27 pm

i havent got the hump because its 3 Tyrone men in case thats the impression I have given - Pat has basically admitted he made 4 mistakes - yet did he admit to any of the other mistakes he made.

I wonder if he had made a mistake which had cost either team the game would he have changed that.

I know referees don't have it easy - but last year one ref decided a punch was only a yellow card offence even after a second viewing and yet Pat decides differently - makes a bit of a bollox of the whole thing
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:32 pm

Agreed boc the whole thing is getting out of hand now regarding suspensions, appeals and all that it involves, there's far too much inconsistency now. Pat didn't have his best day by any means.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:34 pm

I have a difficulty with where this is going too. A guy can break a guy's jaw off the ball but if the TV cameras don't catch it then he gets off.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:54 pm

..... on our own
going down the only road the DRA knows.
Like a ref I was born to walk alone
An i've made up my mind (again)
I ain't wasting no more time (yea right payback is a bitch)

You really could edit the song to suit the crime if I could be bother to rem the rest of it. Good tune though must dig it out.
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:26 am

There are not going to be TV cameras at every League match this year so I don't understand how the GAA can use this avenue as a means of disciplinary action. If the same thing happened in Leitrim vs Clare, nothing could be done about it.

Now from what I've read, the red cards aren't exactly undeserving but its the consistency that gives the most cause for concern. How can TV be used in one instance and not in another.

The whole disciplinary system is in a mess. From the moment the player commits his offence until he walks out the door of his final appeal hearing, all of it was bordering on shambolic.

I can only presume that McEnaney is trying to set a precedent, that nothing will be tolerated. But as Boc says, it as you were from last season, now the appeals begin.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:33 am

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
The whole disciplinary system is in a mess

Always and for ever .............
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:09 am

Personally i don't have a problem with Eoin Bradley getting a 4 week ban, either from the day or in hindsight as he simply deserved one, what i do want to see is consistency on this from the GAA and referees. I won't talk about the Tyrone players as they are of no interest to me yet as Derry don't play them again until hopefully in the Summer!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  up.the.oak.trees Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:19 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:

It would be very hard to get the GAA into it as it will be said to fast compared to the beats that is already in the song. Here we go again............ Icon_cool
up.the.oak.trees
up.the.oak.trees
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Doire
Number of posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:38 pm

up.the.oak.trees wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:

It would be very hard to get the GAA into it as it will be said to fast compared to the beats that is already in the song. Here we go again............ Icon_cool

hmm good point well made there Jimbo, although after singing it to myself in a somewhat surreal fashion I have concluded that "GAA" would fit in fine for the purpose
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:06 pm

Refs always make mistakes. And they have cost a lot of teams a lot of important matches. Really we need someone watching the match who isn't the ref to watch the match from the sideline or where ever and can tell the ref exactly what's happening. Or just give linesmen the same power as refs. Something needs to be done anyways.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:00 pm

AnMhí7 wrote:Refs always make mistakes. And they have cost a lot of teams a lot of important matches. Really we need someone watching the match who isn't the ref to watch the match from the sideline or where ever and can tell the ref exactly what's happening. Or just give linesmen the same power as refs. Something needs to be done anyways.

Such as Mayo V Meath last year.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:04 pm

EstherMayo1951 wrote:
AnMhí7 wrote:Refs always make mistakes. And they have cost a lot of teams a lot of important matches. Really we need someone watching the match who isn't the ref to watch the match from the sideline or where ever and can tell the ref exactly what's happening. Or just give linesmen the same power as refs. Something needs to be done anyways.

I know that was unfair Essie. It's happened to us enough times. In this day and age things like that should not be happening.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:10 pm

AnMhí7 wrote:
EstherMayo1951 wrote:

I know that was unfair Essie. It's happened to us enough times. In this day and age things like that should not be happening.

Very noble of you of AM!

Back to top Go down

Post  up.the.oak.trees Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:19 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:
up.the.oak.trees wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:

hmm good point well made there Jimbo, although after singing it to myself in a somewhat surreal fashion I have concluded that "GAA" would fit in fine for the purpose

Aye you could get it in but it sounds rushed to be honest, you dont get the whole GAA texture as you have to cut it short, It could work but it wouldn't sound as good as it potentially could with another song Wink
up.the.oak.trees
up.the.oak.trees
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Doire
Number of posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:22 pm

EstherMayo1951 wrote:
AnMhí7 wrote:
EstherMayo1951 wrote:

Very noble of you of AM!

Ah well Smile I know how yas felt!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum