GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quarterback

4 posters

Go down

Quarterback Empty Quarterback

Post  bald eagle Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:18 pm

Dan Marino - Best ever in my opinion.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Quarterback Empty Re: Quarterback

Post  black&white Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:20 pm

bald eagle wrote:Dan Marino - Best ever in my opinion.

Give Peyton Manning a few more years. Most intelligent quarterback ever.
He's been blessed to have coaches that let him do his thing though, how many coaches would let a quarterback call his own plays as much as he does?
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:26 pm

I'd say:

1. Brett Favre
2. Tom Brady
3. Joe Montana
4. Peyton Manning
5. Dan Marino
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:51 pm

I wouldnt have Favre or Brady in my Top-5. Favre would do well to make Top-10, considering how often he has blown it on the big day.

Marino had probably the best arm of any quarterback, and if he had a superbowl ring or two, then there would be little argument as to him being the greatest. As he doesn't, my top 5 (in no particular order) would be Johnny Unitas, John Elway, Peyton Manning, Joe Montana and Marino.

Elway was such a great athlete, if you had combined his late 90's maturity with his mid-80s physical attributes, then you would have the perfect quarterback. Montana didn't have the arm power of the other names mentioned, but he was a great general, who always delivered when it counted. Has to be said though, he had Jerry Rice and John Taylor to throw to, which is more than the others did. Unitas was the superstar of the early NFL - powerful arm and super-confident. Still tops most polls as the best of all-time.

Manning may go on to be acknowledged as the greatest. The question mark against him was always the lack of superbowls. May be 10 days away from his second, and in 3-4 more years most records are likely to be his also.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:07 pm

Montana

King of the "two minute drill"

Others Marino, Elway or Steve Young

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:09 pm

Tom Brady will definately go down as one of the greatest. Won many a battle against Manning in AFC finals over the years. He should have 4 superbowl rings if it wasn't for one of the worst displays by an offensive lines against the Giants not to mention a lucky catch by Buress.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: